PDA

View Full Version : Another of my bunnies died

Heather Wallace
06-11-2002, 07:13 AM
As you know Ebony died during her spaying op, today I went to feed Gem, my new bun, and I found her lying on her side in her hutch. Her head was tilted back and she couldn't move properly, although she was still alive at this point in time. I rushed her to the vets but she died in my arms on the way there. I don't know why this happened but I had noticed from day one that she was very sleepy. Last night she lay with her little head on me, so I knew then something was up, but I had no idea she would die so quickly. I think Gem was sick from day one.

I just can't believe that she died aged 9 weeks old. I feel as though I am living in a dream at the moment.

Former User
06-11-2002, 07:15 AM
Oh Heather, I am so very sorry to hear that :( , this is so sad. Poor Gem.

Karen
06-11-2002, 07:17 AM
Poor Heather, poor Gem. From now on, I recommend you take any new bun to the vet as soon as you get him or her. Mayne you did, but this is so sad. I hope she didn't have anything contagious - would your vet check her poor little body?

Our prayers are with you.

Heather Wallace
06-11-2002, 07:28 AM
They could give her a post mortame but it is expensive. i didn't want her to go through a think like that anyway.

Yes I was also going to take her to the vets next week for her check up and vaccinations etc.

anna_66
06-11-2002, 08:24 AM
:( Oh Heather, I'm sooo sorry:(

Ann
06-11-2002, 08:34 AM
Oh my God, this is so unfair... I'm so sorry :(

AmberLee
06-11-2002, 09:13 AM
{{{Heather, Gem}}},

So sorry about all this pain you are going through. :( Sometimes life does seem so overwhelming. Any chance you can sit down face-to-face with a friend and TALK? That's something that usually helps me, perhaps it will help you, too. Be gentle with yourself right now, ok?

doctormaryleakey
06-11-2002, 09:26 AM
I'm very sorry about your loss. I know you must be very distraught at this point in time, but I also think you should check to make sure your other buns are not at risk of catching any possible contagions.

Focus on giving your love to your wonderful buns. I know you have a big, kind heart:-)

Edwina's Secretary
06-11-2002, 09:44 AM
Oh Heather, my heart is breaking for you!

gini
06-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Heather, what horrible news to read. My heart goes out to you - this is just too much to handle in such a short time.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-11-2002, 10:25 AM
:( I am soo sorry Heather....**big hugs** :(

06-11-2002, 10:49 AM
so sorry ... this happens so soon after the loss of Ebony .......
Hope you can get over this .... I will be thinking of you !!

LUT

jennifert
06-11-2002, 11:28 AM
Heather so sorry to hear about Gem. My thoughts are with you...

Logan
06-11-2002, 11:38 AM
Oh, Heather, my heart is just breaking for you. :( I am so sorry about your precious Gem. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. You have endured too much in recent weeks. :( :(

Heather Wallace
06-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Thanks again everyone.

History certainly does repeat itself. I feel a bit stupid telling you all again about little Gem, you all must be fed up with me by now.

I hope to have my pictures of her back soon so I can show you all what she looked like, and how pretty she was.

I also through out the hutch that Gem was living in, couldn't stand to look at it any longer.

tatsxxx11
06-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Dear Heather, how tragic. I cant' believe that again you are faced with the loss of a furkid. Your pain must be unimaginable. I am SO very, very sorry. For her brief life, and especially during her time with you, Gem was so very loved. I hope you can hold onto that for a small bit of comfort. Bless you precious little Gem. I'm thinking of you dear Heather. Love, Sandra

Heather Wallace
06-11-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Dear Heather, how tragic. I cant' believe that again you are faced with the loss of a furkid. Your pain must be unimaginable. I am SO very, very sorry. For her brief life, and especially during her time with you, Gem was so very loved. I hope you can hold onto that for a small bit of comfort. Bless you precious little Gem. I'm thinking of you dear Heather. Love, Sandra

Thanks Sandra for your nice thoughts, they mean a lot to me. Yes I hope Gem did have a happy time, even if it was short with me. At least she got to play in the garden for a few times before her passing, and at least she didn't die in a shop.

I have memories, I filmed her on the web cam, there is about 30 secs of footage and I have a couple of pictures of her which I am soon to receive. I will show you all soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Heather I can't believe it! This is so sad. Sandra said what I was thinking that at least Gem got out of the pet shop and was loved in her last days. When my mother died someone told me that life is like a flower and no one but God knows how long each flower will bloom or why some blossoms don't open at all. That has given me lots of comfort over the years when I've lost loved ones, furry as well as human. Hope it helps you a bit.

Sam's My Baby
06-11-2002, 03:12 PM
Oh Heather I am so sorry for you, you must be in so much pain after losing another rabbit. I know how it feels and my thought are with you.:( :(

Heather Wallace
06-11-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
When my mother died someone told me that life is like a flower and no one but God knows how long each flower will bloom or why some blossoms don't open at all. That has given me lots of comfort over the years when I've lost loved ones, furry as well as human. Hope it helps you a bit.

Yes I totally agree with that, I suppose some people and some animals are only in our lives for as long as they are suppose to be I guess.

At the moment I am feeling pretty empty, like I don't feel anything at all anymore. Hope that doesn't sound shallow! But I suppose I am coping the best way I can.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
At the moment I am feeling pretty empty, like I don't feel anything at all anymore. Hope that doesn't sound shallow! But I suppose I am coping the best way I can. It doesn't sound shallow at all. It's all part of the grieving process. You can only cry so many tears. Sometimes you shut down emotionally to help get through the hard times. I've done it too. One of these days one of the other bunnies will do something silly and you'll find a smile on your face and it will start to get better. I promise!

Bunnicula05
06-11-2002, 09:24 PM
OMG, I'm so very very sorry. Just not having very much luck now are we? Just love the others as much as possible, make their lives worth living.

lynnestankard
06-12-2002, 05:40 AM
Oh Heather - I'm so sorry - only just noticed a post in Cat General with In Loving Memory of Gem.... - so I rushed over here - I just don't believe it - how sad for you - poor little Gem shuch a short life - but a loved and happy one.
You need to go through a real grieving process now - and give yourself time to forgive yourself, from the sound of it your blaming yourself for something totally out of your hands.
Your poor babies are at Rainbow Bridge and at least Ebony was there to meet Gem. Can't you just see them lolloping through the grass and having a great time - their happy and waiting for you. {{{{{Heather}}}}}

Love Lynne

sammi
06-12-2002, 06:00 AM
Heather, I am so sorry about your bunny. I feel real sad right now. I bet your buns had a wonderful life with you while they were on this earth.

Heather Wallace
06-12-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
[Your poor babies are at Rainbow Bridge and at least Ebony was there to meet Gem. Can't you just see them lolloping through the grass and having a great time - their happy and waiting for you. {{{{{Heather}}}}}

Love Lynne [/B]

Yes, I said that in a tribute to her on the pet loss site. At least Ebony has a friend now!:)

Cincy'sMom
06-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Heather-how difficult it must be for you to lose to pets so young, and so close together! we are thinking of you and you babies!

zippy-kat
06-14-2002, 08:16 PM
Oh Heather, I'm so so sorry. :(

{{hugs to you}}

slleipnir
06-16-2002, 09:41 AM
So sorry to hear about your bunny :[

AdoreMyDogs
06-16-2002, 10:13 AM
I am so, so sorry about tiny little Gem :( And I am so sorry that i did not post sooner :( She had an aweful lot of love in her last days and she will remember that as she was lifted to eternal life. I am glad that she experienced so much love in her last days, but so sorry that it had to end so suddenly :(

Take care,

Leslie, Graham & Kersey

ramanth
06-18-2002, 03:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that.

It must make your birthday today hard. I hope you have a good one despite. *hugs*

I lost my cat the day before my birthday and it made celebrating that day all the more harder.

Many hugs and tail wags.

aly
06-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Heather,

I'm so sorry about little Gem. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a life so young. I have lost two of my foster kitties over the past two weeks. One due to a birth defect and one was positive for FIV. Try not to blame yourself. You gave a loving home to the sweet baby and she died knowing what true love is. My prayers will be with you.

Maybe my kitties and your bunnies will be friends up at Rainbow Bridge.