PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 186 -Blonde, James Blonde

RICHARD
11-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Let's have some fun this week....

How's about Martinis, Munchies and a James Bond Movie festival...

I think the New JB is a little awkward looking, but..

-----------------

I don't have an Aston Martin for you Mario, but how's about a magnifying glass and a deer stalker hat......You still can fight crime that way....

DONE?

slick
11-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Richard: I'm not really a JB fan so I'll just keep myself busy cleaning up and refreshing everyone's glasses. Folks, during the movie please no throwing the popcorn, hear me Mario???

Now Martinis, that's something I can handle since I received a shaker in the mail. Shaken, not stirred please.

Let's see, Gini will probably want one of those apple thingtinis, I'll have a Lemon Drop and keep them both coming please. :)

wolflady
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
I could definitely go for a martini, with all of the stress in my life right now. Make it an appletini.

I wasn't big on the new choice for JB. He doesn't fit the appearance requirements! *snicker*

RICHARD
11-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Look at this
Two hot women and me in the bar!

Lemon Drops and Appletinis.....

Done!

--------------

There is something wrong with the shape of his head.... :eek:

gini
11-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Make that three women, Richard!!!

An appletini - I could do this! Yes, please shaken and not stirred.

I love it when you can see the tiny little chips of ice floating around. Yummy!

DJFyrewolf36
11-16-2006, 02:54 AM
Does anyone have any Midori around here? Im not much of a Martini fan but I'll get in the mood with a drink that has the same starting and ending letter ;)

Hey Mario, long time no see! Keeping out of trouble?

Pawsitive Thinking
11-16-2006, 05:37 AM
I wasn't big on the new choice for JB. He doesn't fit the appearance requirements! *snicker*

Have you not seen him walking out of the sea :eek:

Martini for me please, once I've had a lie down in a darkened room

Blue_Frog
11-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Martinis before noon? Score! Count me in ;)

Couldchoo make me one of these?

Purple Dream -
1 oz Raspberry liqueur
1 oz white creme de cacao
1 oz cream

Pour ingredients into a stainless steel shaker over ice, shake until completely cold then strain into a chilled stemmed glass or a Rocks glass filled with ice.

Thanks ! :D

smokey the elder
11-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Purple Dream? Neat, I want one too.

I think the new James Bond is too old-looking for the story. It's about how he became a "00" agent, and his first mission.

My favorite Bond has always been Sean Connery.

slick
11-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone!!! Yes, I've just rolled out of bed but what the heck. I'll take a very, very dry vodka martini for breakfast please. May I have a couple of garlic stuffed olives in it?? Ta, Richard. You rock!!

That's the advantage of being off work. You can stay in your pj's all day and drink. :p Actually I go back to work on December 4th and I'm looking forward to it. There is only so much Judge Judy I can take. She's getting pretty sarcastic in her old age.

Karen (WL): I'm going to email you today. {{{hugs}}}

RedHedd
11-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Sean Connery will always be my 007, although the new guy looks mighty fine walking out of the sea ;)

RICHARD
11-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Make that three women, Richard!!!

An appletini - I could do this! Yes, please shaken and not stirred.

I love it when you can see the tiny little chips of ice floating around. Yummy!

gotcha,

DONE!

dj,

A midori Martini.....Done!

Brody,

One martini...DONE!

BF, thank you for the recipe!

DONE!

STE,

A pd for you too!

DONE!

Slick,

Glad to see you are here....

Judge Judy?

I find you in contempt for even watching her. :D
DONE!

Hi Redd,

A drink?

DONE?

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Where's my chocolate martini?

davidpizzica
11-16-2006, 03:28 PM
RICHARD, I agree. The BEST 007 was definitely Sean Connery! I'll have a Gini special, an appletini! MARIO, that is NOT an ejection seat!!

slick
11-16-2006, 09:02 PM
knock...knock...knock

Anyone home??? Ooops, I guess you are all watching the movie. Sheesh, I'd better get my own drink.

Sara, I'd love to get you a chocolate martini but I haven't a clue how to fix it. Where is Don when you need him???

Hey Mario, wanna make some more popcorn with me?

zippy-kat
11-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Just thought I'd pop in and tell everyone hi. *waves*

~~~
ETA: Slick - I keep meaning to email you but in the spirit of codes and spies and such, I'll just say "The eagle has landed. I repeat, the eagle has landed." :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi Zip!...hey Slick...say "Don" again in your cute Canadian accent....it sounds so much nicer.....

trayi52
11-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Aww, Slick, you know the way to Mario's heart! Popcorn! He absolutely loves popcorn. Remember that picture of him sitting on the porch with Dakota, eating popcorn? I am so glad I saved that pic to Photobucket or it would have been lost forever!

How is everybody tonight? Me? I am doing okay. I just don't know what I would like to drink...

Willie :)

cyber-sibes
11-17-2006, 12:03 AM
I could smell the popcorn as I walked in - smells great! when does the movie start?
I saw a little clip of the new Bond. I'm pretty skeptical too, he just doesn't look "Bond" enough. Sean Connery is of course the ultimate Bond figure, but I thought Pierce Brosnan was very dashing. He has the looks & suave to pull of a playboy-spy like Bond. This new guy's rather rough around the edges & a bit old for the role IMO. He's a little too blond & well, "California" (no offense, Richard ;))

RICHARD
11-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Where's my chocolate martini?

One choco Martini....

DONE!

DP one Appletini...

DONE!

Slick....

Here ya go.....I told Don that you don't need a date rape drug....Just choco Martinis!

DONE!

Zippy,

HI, drink?

Hi tray...

How's about a soda pop....

DONE?

CS...

Too California? :)

The blondes move in from out of town...

Popcorn and a drink?

DONE...

There was a very funny clip with Connery saying, "Catherine Zeta Jones."

Yep, he was the ultimate.

Lady's Human
11-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Barkeep,

Can I get a LARGE Irish coffee, minus the coffee, a new roof, new insulation, and a new TV set?

pnance
11-18-2006, 01:33 AM
Finally managed to figure out the lock chaining me to my desk this week....am I to late to order a cosmo (mixture 4 parts vodka and here's the dropper for the cranberry juice... ;) :rolleyes:

I've only seen a couple of clips of the JB, wasn't really that interested....although now I'm curious about the water scene... :rolleyes:

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi Richard,
Can I have one of those appletinis please? I love Bond movies. I have quite a few myself, I think Connery is my favorite Bond to. One of the things I like about Bond movies is seeing what kind of names they give to the evil female characters. They make me laugh. And of course, the cool gadgets. :D

Karen
11-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi Richard,
Can I have one of those appletinis please? I love Bond movies. I have quite a few myself, I think Connery is my favorite Bond to. One of the things I like about Bond movies is seeing what kind of names they give to the evil female characters. They make me laugh. And of course, the cool gadgets. :D

Then sadly, you need not bother to run out to see this one. No cool gadgets to speak of, no appearance by Q even, the only cars are "Hi, I'm an obvious Product Placement Car!" and the names are not even creative.

I have no issue with James Bond being blonde, by the way, that doesn't matter to me one bit.

Blueberry tea, please!

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Then sadly, you need not bother to run out to see this one. No cool gadgets to speak of, no appearance by Q even, the only cars are "Hi, I'm an obvious Product Placement Car!" and the names are not even creative.

I have no issue with James Bond being blonde, by the way, that doesn't matter to me one bit.

Blueberry tea, please!

What kind of Bond movie doesn't have Q, no gadgets, and no creative names? I'm definitely going to pass on this one.

:rolleyes:

slick
11-19-2006, 10:35 PM
**knock knock knock**
**peers through the window**

Gee, I guess no one is here tonight. Hmm, they probably have a life, unlike myself. :rolleyes:

**walks up to the bar**

Let's see now, what do I feel like. I've had company over today and now I'm ready for bed. Perhaps a shot of Brandy will do.

I think I'll grab seat beside the fire and sip on my nightcap. Ahhh, that's better.

**gazes into the fire and ponders inevitable destiny**

Edwina's Secretary
11-20-2006, 11:08 AM
inevitable destiny

I know them! That's the newest girl group, right? :D :D

Randi
11-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Ahhh, that's just what I need after a hard working day - a Bond movie, a brandy and some popcorn! ... Does it go togerher. :confused: Honestly, I can't remember when I last had popcorn. Note to myself - I must go and get a packet so I can make some!

I definately prefer Sean Connery as Bond too! Oh, did I tell you, while John and I were in Ibiza, we walked down a quiet street in the Sa Penya area one afternoon ... there he was, sitting outside a cafe with his spanish wife. There was hardly anyone around (siesta). I do regret I didn't go and ask for his autograph.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Not a Bond fan myself but GUESS WHAT???

My bro (yep the one who bought me the house) just sent me a big old Jack Lalanne juicer. Now we can have fresh veggie or fruit juice at the bar. I love fresh carrot juice. That thing is so big, I could juice and entire watermelon if I could fit it into it. :D

slick
11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Moff, I've always wanted a juicer but with all the ones I've seen, you have to take the time to cut everything up before putting it in. Such a pain in the rear. Can you stick the carrots in whole???

Oh yes, fresh juice over here please, and thank you. Can Mario make some cherry jooozze??

Oh dear, I just had a flash back of the beloved Klam Juz.... :D :D :D

cyber-sibes
11-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Uh, I think I'll skip the clam jooze, but a glass of fresh juice sounds good here, too. I used to make juice every morning, but now I'm old and lazy. :D So has anyone here actually seen the new Bond flick?

Cinder & Smoke
11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Can you stick the carrots in whole???

KLAM Juze??

Does someone want Klam Juze?

I'll run over to Ye Ole Klam Shoppe and pick up a Bucket-o-Klams ...
Will the Juze Grinder handle them OK *IN* the shells?
Be a lot quicker & easier!

:p

Lady's Human
11-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Phred, I'm sure the juicer COULD juze the klamz in de shells, but it would be REALLY noisy and Lady would bark.

Besides, the Juze would come out sandy!

Cinder & Smoke
11-20-2006, 11:27 PM
but it would be REALLY noisy and Lady would bark.

Ooooooh ... too Noisy ....
Like when ya turn on the Garbich Grinder and discover THAT's
where the missing spoon was hiding!
:rolleyes:

:D

gini
11-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Phred, I'm sure the juicer COULD juze the klamz in de shells, but it would be REALLY noisy and Lady would bark.

Besides, the Juze would come out sandy!

And wouldn't the jooz be a little KRUNCHIE? :D

DJFyrewolf36
11-21-2006, 03:55 AM
Mmm krunchy klam jooz...Whereas I'd pass my two cats would cirtianly NOT!

They would like a double order ;)

A smoothie for me, thank you!

Mario, I didn't know you could drive an Aston Martin! Can I have a ride?

Sevaede
11-21-2006, 05:00 AM
*peeks in*

It's a maddddddddhouse!

*runs out*

Lady's Human
11-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Was someone just at the door?

Durn, looks like Orc scared away another customer. :p

Killearn Kitties
11-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Yeah, that orc has a lot to answer for.

Not a fan of James Bond anyway, but you are certainly not selling this new one to me, folks. I will look out for a clip of him coming out the sea though.

RedHedd
11-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Wouldn't the little Klamz make funny noises if we put them in the joozer live? Ouch the squeals! Cover your ears! Besides, I don't like to chew my Klam jooze :p but now some cherry jooze, now we're talkin'!

Mario! Be careful driving that Aston Martin in here!

Blue_Frog
11-21-2006, 10:28 AM

Klam Jooze makes all the difference in a Caesar (is it too early in the day for one of those?) ... it just gives a little oomph thats missing from a Bloody Mary. If you can get your hands on a bottle of Motts Clamato (basically Tomato Juice and Clam juice), and some vodka, and worstishire, and some pickled beans for garnish, you've got yourself one good drink ;) Oh, plus celery salt rimmer on the glass and ice too.

BTW, where is this orc, and should i be carrying a stick, or a billygoat or something? http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/Misc/eyebrow.gif
oh wait, thats for trolls...

momoffuzzyfaces
11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Moff, I've always wanted a juicer but with all the ones I've seen, you have to take the time to cut everything up before putting it in. Such a pain in the rear. Can you stick the carrots in whole???

Oh yes, fresh juice over here please, and thank you. Can Mario make some cherry jooozze??

Yep, you can put the carrots in whole but you need to chop the tops off. You only need to chop stuff up that won't fit in. I think apples may fit in that thing fine.

Mario, how about making some grape juz instead? Cherrys need to have the pits taken out and we don't want you throwing those around the bar again. Most things don't need the seeds taken out except peaches and cherries and I think watermelons.

Hey, not gonna me no klamz gettin juzed in my new juzer!!! I'm not sure the odor would ever wash out!!! :p :D

lbaker
11-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Well this is a fine howdy doody ~ I'm back from a weird journey and find screaming klamz and someone carrying a billy goat, mario driving a mini aston martin and chopped off carrot tops :eek: *and I thought I had been in a weird place before, honey... this has them all beat* Love to you all, I've missed you. I'll need to take a while to get back in the water but it's a start ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Well this is a fine howdy doody ~ I'm back from a weird journey and find screaming klamz and someone carrying a billy goat, mario driving a mini aston martin and chopped off carrot tops :eek: *and I thought I had been in a weird place before, honey... this has them all beat* Love to you all, I've missed you. I'll need to take a while to get back in the water but it's a start ;)
Now see what happens when you aren't here to keep us in line? ;) :D

gini
11-21-2006, 04:55 PM
We need to be kept in line? MOFF, how could you?

Hey, could you help me here, I have all of these KLAMZ stuffed into the machine and it won't start. In fact, I think it mumbled something about me being very stupid!!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-22-2006, 02:29 PM
We need to be kept in line? MOFF, how could you?

Hey, could you help me here, I have all of these KLAMZ stuffed into the machine and it won't start. In fact, I think it mumbled something about me being very stupid!!
No, never stupid, just misguided!!! See it's a fruit and veggie juzer not a klamz juzer. It was saying "what ever am I supposed to do with this stuff?" :D

Of course we need to be kept in line. How else can we line dance? ;)
If we dance in a circle that's called a square dance - go figure! :D

Lady's Human
11-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Kept in line ? This crew?

Keep dreaming, Moff.

:p :p

gini
11-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey, I am heading over to #187 - hear they have a turkey in the oven - and Mario is out of control.

Now, can I walk in a straight line to #187????