PDA

View Full Version : The best place for a cat in November

Lizzie
11-15-2006, 05:29 PM
I was looking at this photo of Ginger, my 20-year-old, and as I did so it started raining heavily outside. I couldn't help but look out of my window and think of all the cats that have been abandoned, trying to cope with this wintry weather after being used to som home comforts, and wish they could all be sleeping as soundly and cosily as my Ginger.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i306/Zephryn_2006/IMG_0102_edited.jpg

RedHedd
11-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh my! What a cozy picture! I want to snuggle up with her.

catmandu
11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
That would be ideal if all the Animals could have a nice place to sleep, like Ginger and have enough food so they do not go hungry ever.
Cats are pretty versatile like the Tubster, taking adavantage of whatever comes his way.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats508.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats516.jpg
Sorry the Forst Photo is My Princess all Happy and Curled Up in Her Furr Ever Cat Bed.
The second is Tubster making do with the Old Chair.

Killearn Kitties
11-15-2006, 05:33 PM
What an adorable picture!

But as I type this, the rain is teeming down outside. I hope there are no stray babies round about my area. It is such an awful thought. :(

Freedom
11-15-2006, 06:11 PM
That is how I got hooked - on cats!

When I moved to RI 13 years ago (or so), there were dumpster cats in the parking lot of the apartment building I moved into. That was in January.

I noticed that as we all came out of the building in the mornings to go to work, and again in the evenings as we returned home from work, the cats would all scatter and run and hide - in the woods or under the parked cars.

All except this orange kitty. He always jumped up on to the hood and then the roof of the big black Oldsmobile.

I learned the car belong to the older lady who lived downstairs from me. Having lots of time on her hands, she daily went out to polish the car and remove all teh cat paw prints. There were LOTS.

All from the little orange cat.

Come late May and into June, we started ahving thunder storms and showers each evening with the changing weather. I worried about the little orange kitty outside up on the car. I hoped he went to find cover. I started running downstairs to check on the cat. There it sat, on top of the Olds, soaking. Every night I would cry thinking about the kitty. Mornings and after work I started trying to make friends with it, talking to it softly, visiting with it regularly. I bought a box of Friskies cat food and started putting down a little pile and mvoing back. It started to eat, and then to eat while I sat down a ways from it. Then I could pat it - but not too much.

One Thursday evening, as the clouds were building for another rain, I couldn't stand it anymore. I grabbed an old sweatdshirt, went down with my hand full of Friskies, and managed to snatch the cat up and run inside and upstairs. That was my first cat ever, in my life. Amber. What happned fro that point to the next 24 hours is a whole 'nother story, full of adventures for both of us!

So Ginger looks so comfy and snuggly and yes, we all want all of them to be that way. That is why we are a part of this forum, I guess!

kimlovescats
11-15-2006, 07:31 PM
That certainly is a comfy kitty you have there!!!
I know what you mean about all the stray outdoor kitties. I always start thinking about them when the weather turns cold and nasty. :(

rg_girlca
11-15-2006, 10:25 PM
That is such an adorable picture of Ginger. Looking so safe and warm.

I try not to think about the stray cats as I get so darn depressed about it.

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2006, 12:12 AM
She sure looks comfy and cozy there.:) I keep telling my furkids how lucky they are to be indoor cats when it rainy or cold outside.;)

Sonia59
11-16-2006, 03:05 AM
I wish every kitty could sleep so comfy and live so long! Lucky Ginger :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-16-2006, 04:03 AM
awww, how adorable!!!

Donnaj4962
11-16-2006, 09:28 AM
She sure looks comfy and cozy there.:) I keep telling my furkids how lucky they are to be indoor cats when it rainy or cold outside.;)

That's exactly what I tell my girls every time the weather is nasty outside! And I think they know it, even though they both will go out (supervised) on occasion. They like the fresh outdoors, but know that the best life inside... all snuggly with their Meowmie!

Ginger is gorgeous, and looks very comfy!

catmandu
11-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I tell the Found Cats all the time.
There for the Grace Of God go you.
I am not sure they are getting the point, even though most of them were Lost Cats at one time.

cassiesmom
11-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Safe and sound is the best place for a cat any time of the year. I know cats are versatile, but still there are feral cats, there are cats reproducing who might be better off spayed or neutered, and there end up being cats needing homes.