PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaaaack...

moosmom
11-15-2006, 10:03 AM
unofficially, that is. I've finally moved into my apt. and have been getting things situated. I still don't have my laptop hooked up yet, so I'm posting from my daughter's and my best friend's computers.

The break was short, but much needed. The stress has finally lifted and I'm feeling 100% better.

The move went well. Mark isn't giving notice to the landlord until after the first of the year, so I don't have to rush back to get the remainder of my stuff out anytime soon. Although I'd LIKE to get the hooded litterboxes, as Mollie Rose has the bathroom floor COVERED in Yesterday's News :rolleyes:

The place has alot of charm and apartment living idiosyncracies, such as slamming doors, people talking in the parking lot late at night, etc. But I don't care. I love it and it's all mine!! :D

It's good to be back!! I've missed you all very much!!

Logan
11-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Welcome back, Donna! I know it has to feel good to be in your own place, even if it is a bit noisy!!! :)

Husky15
11-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Woot! Welcome back! I'm happy that everything is situated fine and that you're in your own apartment now! Congrats! And hopefully you'll get your laptop hooked up soon. :)

pitc9
11-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Glad to hear from you!
Good to hear that you're settled in!

Queen of Poop
11-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Welcome back Donna. We have missed you. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
11-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Welcome home Donna - glad to have you back with us

Karen
11-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Welcome home Donna!

Sevaede
11-15-2006, 10:37 AM
WEEEEEEEEEELCOME BAAAAAACK! :D:D

Do one thing for me? Shake your fist or something at the door-slammers. Me neighbours do that. all. the. time. That drives me batty but my windows do not open so I cannot express my irritation! :D Along with fighting and playing music VERY loud at obscene hours.

Donnaj4962
11-15-2006, 12:09 PM
From one Donna to another.....

WELCOME BACK HOME!

We sure have missed you! Glad you are (mostly) moved in and feeling better. How are the kitties adjusting????

Argranade
11-15-2006, 12:17 PM
WELCOME BACK!!

Glad your back and your move is going well :)

PT missed you very much! lol. :D

caseysmom
11-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Welcome home! I have been missing you!

ramanth
11-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Run Away! ;)

Seriously... Welcome back Donna. I'm glad the move went well. :) *HUGS* :D

trayi52
11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Welcome back, Donna!! Good to have you back where you belong, and good to hear you have your own home now.

Willie :)

Pembroke_Corgi
11-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Welcome back!

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your new place, too! :D

GreyhoundGirl
11-15-2006, 03:28 PM
WELCOME BACK ! :D

cyber-sibes
11-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Welcome back & congrats on your new lace - nothing like "home sweet home"!

kimlovescats
11-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Welcome back, Donna!!! I'm so happy to hear that you are all moved and settled into your new HOME!

Hugs,
Kim :)

kittycats_delight
11-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Welcome HOME Donna. I am back too. What a day for homecomings huh?

buttercup132
11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Welcome back! I was going to pm you the other da to see how you were.
Glad to hear you are doing so well and that your feel better.

Dorothy39
11-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Welcome back to your new Home and of course, Pet Talk :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Welcome back Donna!!!:) I'm glad to hear that you're in your new place and feeling a lot less stressed. Relax and enjoy.:)

CatLuvrs
11-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Yay!!!! Glad you are back and settling into your apartment!!!!! Can't wait till you are on all the time again. Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

moosmom
11-16-2006, 06:45 PM
I went back to New Haven to pick up a few more things, like clothes, the covered litterboxes and some other odds and ends. Guess who greeted me?? Fluffy! She came flying across the parking lot meowing her little head off. I poured out some crunchies (Sharrie the paralegal downstairs feeds them the canned stuff now). I didn't realize how much I miss the girls. Didn't see Mama anywhere. She might've been sleeping.

The only thing left to do is break down my big computer and pick up the remainder of my clothes (mostly dressy stuff). Mark said I don't have to rush as he'll be there till at least the first of the year. That's good to know.

I THOUGHT I had cable in my new place. Well, at least I got 2 free days. Anyway, I came home to find it was disconnected. So, the guy is coming out tomorrow to install it for real. I can't deal with not being able to watch my favorite soaps, not to mention Law & Order SVU and CSI.

I hung a bunch of stuff on the walls which makes it even homier. Now all I need to do is buy food. That's next week when I get paid. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I've really missed posting here.

kitten645
11-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Congrats! Here's a link you might find useful:

Apartment Living (http://www.squidoo.com/apartmentliving) :p

jackmilliesmom
11-17-2006, 07:09 AM
I went back to New Haven to pick up a few more things, like clothes, the covered litterboxes and some other odds and ends. Guess who greeted me?? Fluffy! She came flying across the parking lot meowing her little head off. I poured out some crunchies (Sharrie the paralegal downstairs feeds them the canned stuff now). I didn't realize how much I miss the girls. Didn't see Mama anywhere. She might've been sleeping.

The only thing left to do is break down my big computer and pick up the remainder of my clothes (mostly dressy stuff). Mark said I don't have to rush as he'll be there till at least the first of the year. That's good to know.

I THOUGHT I had cable in my new place. Well, at least I got 2 free days. Anyway, I came home to find it was disconnected. So, the guy is coming out tomorrow to install it for real. I can't deal with not being able to watch my favorite soaps, not to mention Law & Order SVU and CSI.

I hung a bunch of stuff on the walls which makes it even homier. Now all I need to do is buy food. That's next week when I get paid. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I've really missed posting here.

What is it with any one of us who work in Legal work I love those programs too and I also love NCIS and LAw and ORder Criminal Intent and so on - it must be bred into us. One of my favourites at the moment is Bones she is sooooo coooolllll. All the girls in my office love them too....

My husband who is a plasterer loves to watch programs on restoring old houses so it must be something that is kinda bred into you that you like programs kinda associated with your job....;)