PDA

View Full Version : Izzy

sumbirdy
11-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Izzy died yesterday from heart failure. She was only a year old! I didn't know that could happen. It's a mystery on why it stopped. Izzy was a beautiful chocolate lab that we got from my dads friend. Do chocolate labs have a history of heart problems? I miss my Izzy girl. I wrote a poem for her:
Izzy
The touch of you
the touch of death
the dying of
that last breath
my brown haired girl
with golden eyes
you uttered not
but one last cry
You were fast
but your heart was slow
you knew at once
no where to go
I remember not
that very last day
except for when I got there
you were gone away
I got out of the car
I didn't get to say goodbye
I tried to tell you I was sorry
but could only cry
My brown haired girl
with golden eyes
I sit by your grave
and say that goodbye
I know, my love
that I'll see you again
I'll sit here and remember
those days back when
I could see you
running through the field
back home
to the dreams that you build
you loved everybody
you loved everything
every tree, every flower
every butterfly wing.
And as I sit here and remember you
my Isabelle Raine
My Izzy of Sunshine
I'll see you again

Isabelle "Izzy" Raine
June 4 2005-November 14 2006
R.I.P Izzy girl. Say hello to Dixie and all the rest :(

tatsxxx11
12-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm so sorry, so sorry to hear of your precious Labbie's untimely passing:(:( :(
I've had Labs my entire life, work in Lab rescue but have never heard of heart failure, especially in young Labs, being common to the breed. My heart breaks for you as I know how your heart if breaking.:( What a beautiful tribute to your beloved Izzy, your brown haired girl wth golden eyes, your Isabelle Raine,
your Izzy of Sunshine. How blessed she was to have you as her forever Mom. For sure your baby girl has earned her angel wings and is watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge, sending you her love. My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. Never forget she waits for you at the Rainbow Bridge, reveling in every flower, every tree, every butterfly wing, patiently awaiting that joyful day when you and she will be reunited in love, forever. You will see her again, you will.
{{{HUGS}}}
Love, Sandra and Star

Cataholic
12-06-2006, 11:23 AM
How sad to lose Izzy at such a young age. My deepest sympathies for your loss. RIP, Izzy. Hugs to you.

captain
12-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Izzy.

{{{hugs}}} to you and your family.

dukedogsmom
12-06-2006, 05:21 PM
So sorry to hear about Izzy. What a short life she held but I'm sure you made sure it was full of love. Dogs know when they're loved so don't be sad about not getting to say goodbye. And that poem brought tears to my eyes. Duke will take good care of her for you until you can meet again.