PDA

View Full Version : 8.1 quake rocks Japan, Tsunami Warning!

RICHARD
11-15-2006, 05:55 AM
An 8.1 quake rocked the northern tip of Japan.

A tsunami warning was given.

The wave was predicted to hit the northern islands at 0401 hrs PST. :eek:

Pam
11-15-2006, 06:03 AM
I am just hearing that now on Good Morning America Richard. How scary! By the way aren't you up at a strange hour? .... 4:00 west coast time?

RICHARD
11-15-2006, 06:10 AM
I am just hearing that now on Good Morning America Richard. How scary! By the way aren't you up at a strange hour? .... 4:00 west coast time?

monitoring the news so you don't have to! :confused:

Insomnia?
Unemployment?
A white cat running around? :rolleyes:

Rachel
11-15-2006, 06:18 AM
monitoring the news so you don't have to! :confused:

Insomnia?
Unemployment?
A white cat running around? :rolleyes:

Dear Richard, it's time you had a pity party....complain, bitch, rant... whatever. It clears the gut and helps you sleep better. The cat will sleep better too knowing that the *you know who* was well roasted.

borzoimom
11-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Does anyone know if after the December tsunami that they put a warning detection ( wave height something..) . NBC4 is saying they are not even sure if there is one- just a huge earthquake of 8.1.
Richard- I am sorry you are unemployed. I will put it in prayer. They have had alot of lay offs around here too. GM closed this plant in the area, and threw everything into a tizzy.

sirrahbed
11-15-2006, 07:21 AM
my daughter Missy and her family are still in Japan - but I cannot get through by phone :confused: I only get a recording for the air base??

argh - they are leaving to live back here in the states this Saturday.

Missy - can you call or send email if you see this???

borzoimom
11-15-2006, 07:24 AM
NBC4 says it was like 16 inches tall." A 16-inch wave hit the port of Nemuro on Hokkaido at 9:29 p.m., and live footage from the area showed calm seas. The agency warned that larger waves could follow."

RICHARD
11-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Please do not feel sorry for my unemployment.

I am doing well and am going back to school in January.

Right now I am having the time of my life...I can hang with the cat, my mom and the TV guide!

Thank you for your prayers :)

caseysmom
11-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Debbie, Missy was the first thing I thought of...I will pray for her.

borzoimom
11-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Please do not feel sorry for my unemployment.

I am doing well and am going back to school in January.

Right now I am having the time of my life...I can hang with the cat, my mom and the TV guide!

Thank you for your prayers :)
Richard I am relieved. Sometimes we all need a break.. Forced or not.. Take care.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Hope this helps

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1692592006

slick
11-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I was watching the news this morning and they reported that a possible Tsunami could hit BC. Thank God that's been lifted now. We are in the middle of one of our worst rain storms this year.....flooding everywhere. Still, it's not as bad as what Japan is experiencing. Deb, I pray Missy is OK. Please let us know when you talk to her OK???