PDA

View Full Version : pics of my beautiful Nikkita and Ellie-mae

carole
11-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Well I thought it was about time i posted some new pics of my two new adoptees, who have now been with me for over nine months, so without further delay here is Mama cat Ellie-Mae, the black,ginger and white calico kitty and her even cutier daughter Nikkita.

Both kitties are doing extremely well and have gone from skin and bone to nice filled out kitties, actually according to my vet a little too so, so now the whole four are on restricted intake,Nikkita was literally skin and bone, she now needs to loose 300 grms,oh dear i can never just get it right,lol, so enjoy my furbabies.,Thanks for taking time to view my girls.

carole
11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
this was Nikkita after she was spayed, and before she came to live with me permanently, she was skin and bone, i think you probably can get an idea by this picture, compare her now from the new pics.

kimlovescats
11-14-2006, 08:11 PM
They are both beautiful girls! Yes, I definitely see the difference your loving care has made!!! ;)

Freedom
11-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Lovely ladies, please show them off more often!

That early pic of Nikkita, she is all head, her body just didn't have the nourishment to keep up its size, poor dear. All over now, she is happy and with her mom cat, that is just so fine for both of them!

Don't feel badly about the overwieght bit. Some of that is the regular good meals, but some of that is due to their having done without for so long they can't believe this regular stuff will keep going. I have experienced that with many I have taken in as foundlings who were having a difficult time finding food for themselves.

Just think of all the fun you will ahve adding a 5 minutes play time in their routine, oh joy!!!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Ellie Mae is the perfect name for her! lol She is lovely!

And Nikkita, Her colors are amazing. Absolutely beautiful kitties!

Thank you for helping them to become happy and healthy kitties *HUGS* Katie and kitties

carole
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks, I think the girls are beautiful too, I always admired them when they were owned by that horrible woman, i even took pics of Nikkita as I thought she was so amazing, I love her face with her black mask on one side,they have both turned out to be the most loving cats and so cute, I am very fortunate and blessed, I always wanted a tortie girl too, now Ellie-Mae used to be called Duchess by that woman, i decided i was not going to keep their names, but had been calling her Duchella for some time, so i needed to stick with something similar to that is how she became Ellie-mae, first it was Ella and is still sometimes, yeah i kinda think it suits her too, she is a real character prob got the most purrsonality of them all, she is nawtee to her daughter though, probably ascertaining her dominence over her, and is quite vicious at times, she is not as bad as she was originally, but has her moments, she has the most lovely little chirps and quite a different sounding noises than the other kitties, she also almost does back flips when playing, and when you pick her up and cuddle her she squeaks, these little miaows out , anyone else who did not know her would think she was being hurt,but we know it is just her.

Nikkita and my Lexie are very alike in purrsonality, very sweet, gentle loving kitties, and Ash and Ellie-Mae are similar,poor old Ash just wanted an easy retirement, now he has these three dominent snappy females at him at times, Ellie quite often will give him a smack just for the hell of it, he takes it in his stride, a very laid back ole boy is Ash, he was dominant over Lexie and quite often would do the same to her, and she just wanted to love him to bits, so i guess what goes around comes around lol, yes it can be quite entertaining watching the four of them interact at times.

Morning feed times are funny, they are all hanging around me, i don't know which kitty to feed first, and Lexie is so hungry look out any kitty who goes near her feeding patch, swiped they will be.

All my kitties are on measured amts of food now, but it is very hard to stop them stealing each other's food, Ellie needs to loose 400grms,Nikkita 300grms, Lexie 1kg, and Ash probably 2kgs, although he is a naturally big cat, he is twice the build of all the girls, he still needs to drop some weight, to help his sore back legs from arthritis and his heart murmur, so i am trying my hardest to practice tough kitty love when it comes to feeding times, they look at me with those cute lil faces and i melt, but i have been good and are getting stricter by the minute, he he. ;)

Killearn Kitties
11-15-2006, 02:23 PM
I was about to complain to you about the lack of any kind of pictures over the last few months! These pictures are gorgeous! I'm so glad that everyone seems to be getting along well. Nikkita and Ellie-Mae are just gorgeous!

Now how about some new photos of Ash and Lexie. It's been ages!!

carole
11-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I tryed posting some yesterday of Ash and Lexie, they are on my daughter's computer but had a problem so will give it a go today, so hopefully you will see my other two cutie pies soon. CHEERS. ;) :D

carole
11-15-2006, 03:10 PM
As per your request here is Lexie and Ash, I think one photo is older but the one on the woollen underlay is new, enjoy.,he is looking a tad grumpy in that pic,but that is my old boy for ya, he is a cat who has lots of expressions on his face, he frowns and looks worried at times, quite funny,none of the others do expressions quite like him. ;) :D

Killearn Kitties
11-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Gorgeous, Carole, absolutely gorgeous! Lexie has that adorable little white patch in just the same place as our Smantha has one! :D I love it so much!

catmandu
11-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I think that if theres one thing that we Pet Talkers are guilty of, its letting Our Friends have a bit too much at feeding time.
Have you tried the Nutro Complete Care Indoor Light, as I find that that Food has helped trim down the Found Cats nicely.
I know we feed out of love, and I myself know that I have to be more careful.

carole
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
I have tried a light version of the biscuits i give them, and alas was not to their liking, also it does not sell at my supermarket and is more expensive elsewhere, and I do have to watch the finances, Lexie and Nikki are both eating excellence made by virbac, it is high quality, and is especially for Urinary Tract, has no preservatives ,colours etc,but it obviously tends to make them put on weight, mind you the lack of exercise does not help either,Lexie is not really one to play much, even though i do encourage her to.

I have to say black kitties with a white tuft on their chest seem to be very popular, have seen so many Lexie look a likes, infact must tell you last night i was looking out the window at my neighbours verandah and spotted who i thought was my lexie, turned around to tell steve as she never does that normally and there she was, yep a lexie look alike right down to the tuft, on taking a closer look I could see kitty was a bit different in the face and had more brownish tonings to the black fur,my Lexie spends very little time if any in the sun, this is a newbie to the neighbourhood, luckily is no stray ,looked well and happy,of course my Lexie has her unique little stubbed tail,maybe just as well,as Lexie's seem to be everywhere, even saw one identical to her on the telly the other week, as well. Lol ;) :D

rg_girlca
11-15-2006, 10:09 PM
That picture of Nikkita is so pitiful, but WOW, look at her now.

Bless you Carole for taking in these two beauties and giving them the love and care that they so deserve. :)

It's good to see pictures of Ash and Lexie. They are both so adorable.

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Carole, it's wonderful to finally see pictures of your 2 new furkids. They sure look happy, healthy, and very beautiful.:) It's also nice to see Ash and Lexie too.:)