PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting your dog(s) for Christmas?

Riptide
11-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Just thought it would be fun to share what we plan to give our beloved pups for Christmas :D

I'm planning on getting each of the girls a new bed, the kind that's REALLY soft and has a flanel (sp?) top to it. Right now all they have are these little mats, and they work, but I'd like to give them something a little better than that.

I'll also be picking up a buttload of rawhide and toys from Petsmart, and I'll be making them homemade cookies :D I can post the recipe if anyone wants it ^^

What about you?

Kfamr
11-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll probably end up getting them WAY too much. :rolleyes: :p

Here's SOME of their loot from last year.

http://petevents.com/~simba/Post1-2-2006/42.jpg

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 04:07 PM
I went to our local SPCA on Saturday to turn my daughters volunteer app in and they have very good prices on their toys. I got the dogs each a stuffed squeeky toy.

By the way there is a 1 year old male terrier that broke my heart with his sad eyes :(

Riptide
11-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I'll probably end up getting them WAY too much. :rolleyes: :p

Here's SOME of their loot from last year.

http://petevents.com/~simba/Post1-2-2006/42.jpg

:eek: HOLY COW! Pshht, I'll be sending my girls to your place this Christmas, lol.

Sevaede
11-14-2006, 04:10 PM
(Since Chihuahuas are susceptible to the cold and Spanky seems to be one of those that is VERY much so) I will be getting a couple of sweaters for Spanky. I will probably get her some canned food, some chewies, and some toys too! :D

buttercup132
11-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Some treats and raw bones. My dogs dont play with toys:( So I don't have many options. Im not allowed to buy them collars either.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 04:30 PM
I am looking for another woozle for hottie. Galina and zubin need new rubber toys, and femka wants a new bed in the loft ( 4 are not enough..)
Then major- well Tim- what does he want???

MajesticCollies
11-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm some fun chewy pigs ears and maybe a sqeaky. He loves the rubber duck I gave him.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 04:35 PM
done!!! I will get them on my way to the hospital thursday at the petsmart..

cyber-sibes
11-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Not sure yet, except that they'll be getting extra special treats. The Yummie Chummies are on their way with dad from RI! Star will get a new squeeky baby of some kind, and Sherman will be happy with extra cuddles. I'm going to look at fleecey mats or beds, too. Star's getting up there - she would probably like something cozy.

GoldenLuv
11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
toys and tons of treats I will take a pic tonite of the toys that they have so far and i plan of getting them some more...

Ginger's Mom
11-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I may be getting Ginger a new collar, and she will certainly get treats and maybe one new toy from Santa. She exchanges gifts with several of her doggie friends so I have to be careful not to get her too much.

Have you picked out your girls new beds yet? Can we see? :D

GreyhoundGirl
11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
A big, fluffy pillow, she gets a new one added to her bed every year, and this year it seems to have gotten especially flat. ;)

I mean, isn't it enough abuse to not let a Greyhound on the couch? No, she definatly cannot have a flat bad. :p

Riptide
11-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Have you picked out your girls new beds yet? Can we see? :D

I'm not entirely sure which one I'll be getting them, but I'm leaning toward something similar to this one...but with different fabric (my mom is obsessed with everything matching, lol).

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Product_R_3611_PC_productlist_Nav_177_N_22+1 09_cp_6_Nao_60_sku_940763_familyID_12409.aspx#deta ils

chocolatepuppy
11-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Lacey's getting a new collar and a new blankie, she doesn't play with toys. Layla is getting some new toys, right now she's killing all of her toys so don't know how that will go. :rolleyes: Of course they'll get some special treats in their stockings. :D

IRescue452
11-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Not much Autumn needs. Probably just a new squeaky toy and some cheap stuffies to shread. She hasn't even finished the free bag of rawhide chips and bucket of treat from work this summer. We've also got half a package of carob cookies and a half dozen beefeaters bones. Autumn will be the one giving away pressies this year. She'll get a special meal though. Even the fish get special food for holidays, chopped cranberries, oranges, peas and cucumbers.

.sarah
11-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Salley Harrell Dog Tags - https://www.sallyharrell.net/products.asp

Lots of toys and treats of course. And new collars.

AllAmericanPUP
11-14-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm hoping to get Eli a very nice lather collar ( http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c326/PetesDogGear/Collars/Leather/1-5inBlGrDomedRivet2.jpg ) and a new coat and some rawhides and maybe a bed
Ozzy will get lots of toys because thats what he loves
Keesha will probably get some rawhides and stuff like that and maybe a few toys(she's not big on toys but sometimes she plays with them)

and of course lots of treats for all 3 of em

and i unfortunately probably wont have shadow or sheeba by christmas time but if i do they'll get rawhides and stuff because they dont like toys. might get sheeba a new collar too

luvofallhorses
11-14-2006, 11:49 PM
I plan on getting them each a new collar, new toys, and treats. :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-14-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't know. Probably a few toys for Tango and nothing else. She doesn't need anymore collars, she has a bed, and she has everything else she needs. I'm saving a bit of money for agility classes (again) in hopes that she'll continue to get better/more relaxed around other dogs and not be so reactive, so I won't be spending much on Christmas for her. I probably won't get the others anything as they too have everything they need. They destroy toys within two seconds, so I don't want to get them any toys unless they're really inexpensive. This year definitely isn't going to be a very exciting Christmas for them, but I'm sure they won't mind.

k9krazee
11-15-2006, 12:12 AM
They get to have ME home with them for the holidays!! :D :D

And I'll probably throw in a few new toys/treats too ;)

Sevaede
11-15-2006, 12:19 AM
This is on my and Spankys wish list! :D

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/6569/

pitc9
11-15-2006, 07:25 AM
They always get new Nyla bones, treats and a squeekie. But I always have to get Bud an extra special gift because I picked Christmas day to be his B-day too! (I always make sure to wrap one of his gifts in B-Day paper!! :o )
I don't spend too much on them, instead I buy tons of treats and stuff for a few shelters in my area and pass them out to them. I feel my pups have enough as it is and they's rather spread the wealth!

lute
11-15-2006, 08:27 AM
well, my pups got early Christmas gifts when i got back from Alabama. i picked up two of the biggest pig ears i'd ever seen, a bull pizzel, and a giant knuckle bone. Gracie loves her knuckle bones!LOL of course the pups will have something to open on Christmas too.

elizabethann
11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Toys, toys and more toys. :D

Vela
11-15-2006, 12:38 PM
http://skelsch1.zoto.com/img/45/108743672c1afb7a92803473502855e2-.jpg

Mine are each getting one of these, with their names on them, and i have about 45-50 different toys, ill probably only give them some for now LOL.

Sophist
11-15-2006, 12:53 PM
I promise my three plenty of attention, and plenty of time in quiet, familiar places away from the surrounding chaos. I think they'll like that better than toys or treats that they get through the year as warranted, without regard to dates that hold no meaning to them.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-15-2006, 03:08 PM
I will probably get them some chewies, and a few toys each. They will get the best gift, though, when my mom comes for Christmas! She spoils them rotten. ;) (We have nicknamed her "Grandma Peany-butter" because she will hand out treats and food- especially peanut butter- like candy).

elizabethann
11-15-2006, 03:09 PM
and i have about 45-50 different toys, ill probably only give them some for now LOL.

45 to 50 toys!? When I die, I want to come back as one of your pets. :D