PDA

View Full Version : A Kitten!

Argranade
11-14-2006, 09:22 AM
There's a fluffy black kitten and I'm off to catch it! wish me luck! :D

I'll have some photos!

Freedom
11-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Where's the kitten, where? Back yard, side yard, cellar? I bet you get some exercise catching it!! Good luck.

kimlovescats
11-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Good luck. Waiting for update.

Argranade
11-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Ok I tried to catch the little monkey (cat) but it was so fast and slipped under my next door nabours house, I put out some cat food but it did not even try to take some and when I went to grab it wen't back under the house.

It was meowing and it looked like it wanted it's mother, I'm scared cause there's non stop traffic and it was heading towards it ... I have not seen the kitten for the rest of the day I think it's still under the house poor thing, I just hope I can catch it because it's perdy fast!

I'm going to try looking for it again!

kittycats_delight
11-14-2006, 05:46 PM
They can be purdy quick is right and purdy sneaky too if they are scared or don't want to be caught. All fingers, toes,tails and whiskers crossed here that you can caught the little pooper and he doesn't get hurt before you can. GOOD GOOD LUCK !!

Argranade
11-14-2006, 06:01 PM
They can be purdy quick is right and purdy sneaky too if they are scared or don't want to be caught. All fingers, toes,tails and whiskers crossed here that you can caught the little pooper and he doesn't get hurt before you can. GOOD GOOD LUCK !!

Good news it seems this kitten has a mother, bad news this kitten is in danger from the roads and racoons, my dad said if we catch the kitten we can keep it in the house and as for the mother she will be spayed.

I almost had the kitten ( well my dad too lol) if I just would have grabed in but I waited too long. The mother cat seems more tame and is willing to take food from my dads hand so I'm going to catch her put her in the cage then when she startes meowing the kitten will come as it keeps following her.

Freedom
11-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Wow, what action packed drama - one family group v. another family group. Go, go, go! Please let us know how things progress.

kittycats_delight
11-14-2006, 06:04 PM
The mother cat seems more tame and is willing to take food from my dads hand so I'm going to catch her put her in the cage then when she startes meowing the kitten will come as it keeps following her.

Good idea I was going to suggest using momma to lure in the baby. Fingers crossed that it works quickly. And P.S. so good to hear that dad it helping in this rescue. :D

catmandu
11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
What a coincedence as I am trying to catch a Black Cat myself.
Hes not a Kitten but is elusive!
I hope we both are crowned with sucess!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats519.jpg

Argranade
11-14-2006, 09:23 PM
I think somting might have hurt or killed the kitten, cause I heard it screaming for a while but when I ran over towards the sound it stop then went on a bit more then finaly stoped .. it sounded like a fight :( . There was another cat around do you think it would kill the kitten? I don't know for sure if that kitten is alive or not but I seen it's mother 3 times after the kitten was screaming and she was all alone with out her young one.

I have been outside for about 4 and a half hours now just sitting and waiting, I seen the kitten almost got it but again it's fast, I hope it's ok cause I realy wanted a kitten in our home and I wanted to help the cats out.

Well there is still hope for getting the mother spayed, I just pray the kitten is still ok! :(

Pawsitive Thinking
11-15-2006, 04:39 AM
Any news?

Argranade
11-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Any news?

No sign of the kitten, it's probably and hopefuly sleeping under the house .. I'm going to go back out tonight and check around for it, I saw it's mom kill a mouse or rat yesterday! :eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
11-15-2006, 10:31 AM
No sign of the kitten, it's probably and hopefuly sleeping under the house .. I'm going to go back out tonight and check around for it, I saw it's mom kill a mouse or rat yesterday! :eek:

Hopefully kitty is stayiing safe under the house while Momma feeds it. Thanks to you and Dad for your efforts - I hope you catch them both

Argranade
11-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Hopefully kitty is stayiing safe under the house while Momma feeds it. Thanks to you and Dad for your efforts - I hope you catch them both

Thanks, either way if I catch it or not I'm getting a kitten! :D

Well my dad is the one who wants one in the house lol!, I hope I catch this stray kitten and it's mom as they would be in a safe and loving home, right now I can't search for the kitten because it's on my nabours side and it's rude just to go around there, I'm going to wait till they leave at night (My nabours just rent the large house for papper work cause there so darn rich lol) so right after they leave BOOM it's off looking for the lost kitten of cute-ness!

Logan
11-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Can you borrow a trap from the Humane Society, or buy one, to use to trap the mother and kitten? I know you would feel much better if you could get them safely inside.

Logan

mruffruff
11-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Can you borrow a Hav-a-heart trap? It would be much easier to trap them than trying to catch them.

The best time of day is usually just as the sun comes up or goes down. That's usually hunting time.

Sure hope you're successful!

Argranade
11-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I just remembered my nabour has a racoon trap that I used and it works very well! :D

I'll put some cat food inside it then when the time is right BAM! I'll hopefuly have the mother or kitten caught, this is making me so hyper Lol!!!.

Argranade
11-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Well I have not seen any cats last night, I hope the kitten is ok.

I don't want a new kitten I just realy wanna have this stray cat.

If I don't catch him I'm not going to get a kitten.

Reachoutrescue
11-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Good luck with this kitten. It seems that it keeps giving you and your dad the slip!! Please keep us posted.