View Full Version : Stolen show dogs

Danegirl2208
11-13-2006, 11:30 PM
CROSSPOSTING FOR OWNER:

I need everyones help and prayers today. Yesterday on the way to a show in
Greensboro, NC my handler stoped at a rest stop and took a Golden puppy out
for a walk in the dog area behind the building. When he came back a window had
been broken and the other 7 dogs he had with him were taken. 3 were mine and
I am devastated for myself, 1 other client and my handler as 3 were also his.
There were 3 Maltese. My 1 year old female Nikki, my 7 month old male (that
I co own with my handler ) Geno and 8 month old male Peanut. Both boys were
wrapped. Also in the van was my 1 year old Pom Magic. He is 3 1/2 to 4# is
an orange sable with a lot of black, very dark. The other 3 were Chihuahuas.
All 3 are smooth coats 2 are fawn. One of the fawns is the dam of a number of
champions and is subject to seizures if she becomes stressed. She is bred
and will require a c section. Her name is Ellie and she is very quiet and
sweet. 1 has unusual coloring. She is a silver color with black sabling. She has
a black saddle and a silver blaze. She is microchipped her # is Avid

Please post and cross post this anywhere and everywhere you can think of and please pray for their safe return.
Thank You, Darlene

You can contact me at this e mail address or on my cell phone 678-471-6912
and you can contact my handler
Rob Storey at _RStorey@BMNet. Com_ (mailto:[email protected]) or
865-621-4424 .

BC_MoM
11-13-2006, 11:31 PM
That's devastating! I hope this person gets every single dog back! :(

lute
11-14-2006, 12:13 AM
this was posted on my myspace group. i hope they find all the dogs!

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 06:19 AM
I sent this to the two handlers I use as they go from show to show to spead the word. I forwarded this to a handler magazine. They will have to check the facts, but if they can put it in there, it might be easier to find the dogs.

Danegirl2208
11-14-2006, 03:05 PM
its just awful isnt it? Thank you for helping out Borzoimom!

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
My sources are looking for more avid chip numbers. Please pm me...

Lori Jordan
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Wow what a shock,This has been happening alot more lately,i hope they are found,the owners must be freaking!

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
That's a TN number, isn't it?! I hope they find their dogs.. :(. I'll keep a lookout for anything up my way.. Greensboro is pretty close to me, too.

crow_noir
11-16-2006, 03:15 PM
I crossposted this on a MI rescue board

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 07:12 AM
I wish more dog shows would do what Westminster does. Westminster they scan dogs at will for the chip numbers of the dogs. They say they do this to verify the dogs in the ring are the actual dogs. The first time they scanned one of mine, I didnt know they just do this at random. Good thing I had his number on my shot records.
As people that show know, you have to take your shot records with you to shows to be viewed by the vets if asked. Its a good idea to make sure your microchip number is on those records. With Zubin and Galina for their heath certificates to go into the hospitals, they put their chip numbers on their too.

pitc9
11-17-2006, 07:20 AM
OMG!
I pray for the safe return of all of the pups. :(

bluebird
11-17-2006, 10:05 AM
I hope they find them all safe and sound. When were the dogs taken? Has there been any news of them?

Let's clear this up: "I wish more dog shows would do what Westminster does. Westminster they scan dogs at will for the chip numbers of the dogs. They say they do this to verify the dogs in the ring are the actual dogs. The first time they scanned one of mine, I didnt know they just do this at random. Good thing I had his number on my shot records.
As people that show know, you have to take your shot records with you to shows to be viewed by the vets if asked. Its a good idea to make sure your microchip number is on those records. With Zubin and Galina for their heath certificates to go into the hospitals, they put their chip numbers on their too. "

It's been awhile since I've been to a dog show. When did it become mandatory to carry shot records to dog shows? New York city does require a health certificate for every dog that is entered, but the majority of other shows do not. :confused:

Each exhibitor entering a dog at Westminister is issued an exhibitors admission ticket and dog identification pass. That is all that is necessary to get in the door. They do not scan them for microchips at ringside! If they did, a notice of the requirement would have to be clearly noted in the premium list.

Entry at Westminister is by invitation only and only open to Champions of record. There are no individual classes like there are in regular dog shows.

Logan
11-17-2006, 12:45 PM
I do think this was this past weekend or the weekend before. Sure would like to get an update from this original message.

I've seen it posted several places and I got it by email many times, but it is always the same message.

Logan

Ginger's Mom
11-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Well...I found this (http://animalresourcescentral.homestead.com/LostAndFound-PHOTOS.html) update (dated today) asking anyone within 50 miles of where they were taken to check the area flea markets. But, it still doesn't indicate where they were taken from. And with a week to move these pups why within 50 miles. Has anyone contacted any of the people involved?

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 01:33 PM
I hope they find them all safe and sound. When were the dogs taken? Has there been any news of them?

Let's clear this up: "I wish more dog shows would do what Westminster does. Westminster they scan dogs at will for the chip numbers of the dogs. They say they do this to verify the dogs in the ring are the actual dogs. The first time they scanned one of mine, I didnt know they just do this at random. Good thing I had his number on my shot records.
As people that show know, you have to take your shot records with you to shows to be viewed by the vets if asked. Its a good idea to make sure your microchip number is on those records. With Zubin and Galina for their heath certificates to go into the hospitals, they put their chip numbers on their too. "

It's been awhile since I've been to a dog show. When did it become mandatory to carry shot records to dog shows? New York city does require a health certificate for every dog that is entered, but the majority of other shows do not. :confused:

Each exhibitor entering a dog at Westminister is issued an exhibitors admission ticket and dog identification pass. That is all that is necessary to get in the door. They do not scan them for microchips at ringside! If they did, a notice of the requirement would have to be clearly noted in the premium list.

Entry at Westminister is by invitation only and only open to Champions of record. There are no individual classes like there are in regular dog shows.
It is mandatory at any show you have the shot record of any dog. Also I have the vet my chip numbers on the papers incase they check it. Westminster requires chips to verify the dog in the ring is the dog listed.
Several of our big shows do scan shows. Zubins last Best Of Winners they scanned him as well as the breed winner ( Poseidon) that took Westminster Best of Breed the 2006. Westminster is done by the top 25 of each breed as an invitational. However- if a puppy has gotten alot of points and fast and top honors, they are invited.
Westminster is WILD! I usually stay out of town and just drive in for my class as my dogs never did well in a " concrete jungle." Its a benched show, which means the judge comes through as the dogs at a bench alias like wood etc cubicle, picks out the best, then those selected go into the breed ring to compete for Best of Breed. They have 25 slots for the top 25 in the breed, and if one declines they take the next highest winning puppy. But by then, like my guys, they are older.
We are out this year- although Zubin has enough points to go, it takes up to 3 years to get a good coat in a Borzoi. And.. it is a serious amount of money to compete.
Zubins dad took AOM ( Award of Merit) at the Eukenuba championships last year. Award of Merit is like - you have a BOB ( Best of Breed) then Best of Opposite Sex ( the opposite sex of the BOB) then Best of Winners is the top of either male or female ( bitch) - meaning that the winners of the classes like Open Dog/Bitch and Bred by Exhibitor, and of course the puppy class winner ( if n/a) - ( these are usually adult dogs that could win against the Best of Breed comp class them), Then - AWARD OF MERIT MEANS= the dog/bitch was a Champion so they could not take Best of Winners but deserved ( by the judge) to be Recognizes.
Technically speaking- if the BOB could not show in the group ( in my case hounds) the BOW's is to go into the ring. They had a case with bealges at Westminster last year that sprained his leg. THE BOW went in for him. Opposite sex means its the best of that sex of the breed in the ring- and they can call for a judge against BOW and the BOW and that winner could take the ring..
I know my dog show lingo is alot- but I have been showing dogs since I was a junior handler and a child.. Second nature to me.. I think I included all the possiblities here..

lute
11-17-2006, 01:36 PM
*huff* i hope to someday go to Westminster! i would probably scream with excitment! :o the closest thing we have to it is the IKC shows in Feb. it's the only benched show i've ever been to. i was entered with Gracie last year. it was her last show. :( i'm going as a spectater this comming year with Megan! YAY! :D

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 01:38 PM
*huff* i hope to someday go to Westminster! i would probably scream with excitment! :o
Next year when we go, you can be my guest but I stay 35 miles out of the city. We have a great hotel that allows dogs, and they can rest.

lute
11-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Next year when we go, you can be my guest but I stay 35 miles out of the city. We have a great hotel that allows dogs, and they can rest.
ooo...how WONDERFUL!!! when i go to shows i often stay a ways from the show site too.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 01:44 PM
ooo...how WONDERFUL!!! when i go to shows i often stay a ways from the show site too.
My guys relax better. They are use to hotels and crash. They need grass for uh business, and chill. We have huge shows here in Virginia. Pm me- maybe we can meet up???? I go to Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Delaware, NJ, Pa., NC,SC...

bluebird
11-17-2006, 02:15 PM
It is mandatory at any show you have the shot record of any dog. Also I have the vet my chip numbers on the papers incase they check it. Westminster requires chips to verify the dog in the ring is the dog listed.
Several of our big shows do scan shows. Zubins last Best Of Winners they scanned him as well as the breed winner ( Poseidon) that took Westminster Best of Breed the 2006. Westminster is done by the top 25 of each breed as an invitational. However- if a puppy has gotten alot of points and fast and top honors, they are invited.
Westminster is WILD! I usually stay out of town and just drive in for my class as my dogs never did well in a " concrete jungle." Its a benched show, which means the judge comes through as the dogs at a bench alias like wood etc cubicle, picks out the best, then those selected go into the breed ring to compete for Best of Breed. They have 25 slots for the top 25 in the breed, and if one declines they take the next highest winning puppy. But by then, like my guys, they are older.
We are out this year- although Zubin has enough points to go, it takes up to 3 years to get a good coat in a Borzoi. And.. it is a serious amount of money to compete.
Zubins dad took AOM ( Award of Merit) at the Eukenuba championships last year. Award of Merit is like - you have a BOB ( Best of Breed) then Best of Opposite Sex ( the opposite sex of the BOB) then Best of Winners is the top of either male or female ( bitch) - meaning that the winners of the classes like Open Dog/Bitch and Bred by Exhibitor, and of course the puppy class winner ( if n/a) - ( these are usually adult dogs that could win against the Best of Breed comp class them), Then - AWARD OF MERIT MEANS= the dog/bitch was a Champion so they could not take Best of Winners but deserved ( by the judge) to be Recognizes.
Technically speaking- if the BOB could not show in the group ( in my case hounds) the BOW's is to go into the ring. They had a case with bealges at Westminster last year that sprained his leg. THE BOW went in for him. Opposite sex means its the best of that sex of the breed in the ring- and they can call for a judge against BOW and the BOW and that winner could take the ring..
I know my dog show lingo is alot- but I have been showing dogs since I was a junior handler and a child.. Second nature to me.. I think I included all the possiblities here..

I can't believe what I'm reading!
For your information; Westminster is America's First and Only Champions Only Dog Show Entry limited to 2,500 dogs. Dogs who have not completed their championship cannot be entered under any circumstances other than in Junior Handling competition.

From the Westminster website:
BENCHING

"The benching of dogs is an integral part of the dog show, the importance of which cannot be overstated. Dogs are received only at the exhibitors' entrance at 33rd St. & Pennsylvania Plaza between 7th and 8th Avenues, beginning at 6 AM each day. Dogs must arrive by 11:30 AM on the day they are judged. Dogs arriving after that time will not be admitted. All dogs must be removed from the benches by 11:30 PM. Tuesday evening to the designated holding area. Breeds to be judged on Tuesday will not be admitted until 9 p.m. Monday evening.

Dogs and equipment cannot be removed from the show either day before 8 p.m. All dogs must be removed from Madison Square Garden by midnight Tuesday. There will be separate areas for grooming or crates. Stacking of crates on breed benching will not be permitted, except in the case of Toy Breeds. Crates will not be permitted in any aisle, at any ring or on any floor space. All crates must be on the benching or in grooming area. Tack units must be on the bench.

No judging of any sort is done in the benching area. Ever! Every dog that is entered and is present gets it's chance in the ring to be judged.

If the BOB winner doesn't show up for group no one replaces him/her! The breed is simply not represented in the group that day.

Shot records are not required at dog shows, though a health certificate is required at Westminster. The exception to shot records would only be if there is a rabies outbreak in the state the show is in. Then a proof of Rabies vaccination would be required when you cross the state line. Not at the show itself.

All of this probably doesn't mean a darned thing to those that aren't interested in showing. But for those that are; let's get the facts straight.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Some of the top 25 dogs of each breed in points, are not able to show. That is how they do it to fill the quota.
I have never had a puppy invite in Westminster. All of mine have been adults- but thats how they do it. As long as they use points to determine, but a dog can change alot from January of one year to the next coming months and retired. etc..
Thats why you see sometimes ( not often) a certain dog take the breed that is NOT a champion.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 02:24 PM
A dog cannot be entered at Westminster unless it is a Champion!

Go to the Westminster website and read it for yourself!

Westminster Website (http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2007/show/info.html)

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Also in our tri state area, shot records are required to be with the dog, available on presentation if asked. Health certificates are required for dogs out of state at any show. We just carry ours as mine being shown already have them for Therapy work.
Microchips are necessary to verify the dog being shown is the registered name. Its better not to have the question, take months to get the points than loose them.
We have HUGE shows in this area. Everyone carries shot records, complete with microchip numbers, if we go out of our state health certificates as a animal crossing state lines, and a bench show , like westminster, determines the class of each dog at the bench.
Unless the rules have changed in the last two years when we were there, those are rules. Even here they randomly scanned Zubin as well as others for his last win. The reason is that some breeders are using other champions, to show in the ring for another dog. A " black and white" is a black and white. A belgium is black.. etc.. Its easier for the dogs to be chipped to remove the question. All of us in our breed look at better to have than get it later- . National specialities most will scan the winners.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Some National competitions might require scanning and also that the dogs have been DNA tested. But the shows on the dog show circuit do not. Not every dog is microchipped so it would be pointless and a complete waste of time and money to have scanners at every ringside.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 02:43 PM
MBF and Rau Requires the above to show in a AKC show.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Does it state that in the premium list?

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Does it state that in the premium list?
Yes- let me scan one and post.. maybe we just do this on the east coast maybe?

bluebird
11-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Guess it's possible they do things differently in other parts of the country.

If you can scan it, I'd love to see it. I've never heard of those requirements until now.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Guess it's possible they do things differently in other parts of the country.

If you can scan it, I'd love to see it. I've never heard of those requirements until now.
Well microchips verify the dog- and also its the right dog in the ring but they can use it to verify your dog is the one scanned. Its easier to have them scaned then it removes any doubt right there.
I thought the shot records and if the dog came out of state was standard. My guys have them, so it never mattered.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 03:20 PM
So then it's not in the premium list, it's just something you do to be on the safe side in case it ever came up?

bluebird
11-17-2006, 03:22 PM
I can't quite picture the judge handing the handler a ribbon and then saying, "wait a minute I have to scan your dog". :D

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 03:22 PM
So then it's not in the premium list, it's just something you do to be on the safe side in case it ever came up?
No it is on the premium list. They give the option how to prove this is the dog entered- microchip, tattoo, and attached the same number to the shot record.
I dont tattoo anymore. I do microchip and its listed on their shot record.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 03:29 PM
The point of this, since the dogs were stolen on the east coast, if they have the chip numbers, they can easier put out an alert as any dog at any show on the east coast can be scanned with proof of ownership by the shot records.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Maybe. Did you check out the Westminster website and see that only Champions can be entered, all dogs are judged in the ring and that the dog must be on the show site, on the benches, the entire time other than for grooming, walking and when they're in the ring?

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Maybe. Did you check out the Westminster website and see that only Champions can be entered, all dogs are judged in the ring and that the dog must be on the show site, on the benches, the entire time other than for grooming, walking and when they're in the ring?
Yea I saw that this year. They must have had confirmed champions attending and no reason to fill it. I cant wait to see the show. Also the hounds and herding have been complaining for years not being able to show the gaits as well as the rest. Maybe they got their wish..

bluebird
11-17-2006, 03:43 PM
What! :confused:

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I can't quite picture the judge handing the handler a ribbon and then saying, "wait a minute I have to scan your dog". :D
NO your dog is scanned at random when you pick up your number badge. It can also be scanned after the judging when they are logging who won.
Sorry I should be have more clear bluebird. At Westminster, they can be scanned before judging.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 04:00 PM
"Yea I saw that this year. They must have had confirmed champions attending and no reason to fill it. I cant wait to see the show. Also the hounds and herding have been complaining for years not being able to show the gaits as well as the rest. Maybe they got their wish."

Are you still insisting that dogs that aren't Champions are eligable for entry at Westminster? Didn't you also see that the dogs must be in the building during the entire day they are to be shown? If a handler removes the dog from the building before the designated time, they will not be invited back! :eek: The information is there. All anyone that is truly interested would have to do is read it to understand it.

There is nothing about scanning in the premium list!

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 04:06 PM
If the top 25 do not fill in the list, they will take top awarding puppies. Keep in mind- this isnt babies= its ones close to championship and up to 18 months old at the cut off. This happens alot in rare breeds.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 05:12 PM
If that's the case why do the claim to be; "America's First and Only
Champions Only Dog Show Entry limited to 2,500 dogs"?

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 05:19 PM
yes bluebird- very good. exactly!
do you show too? There are many of us here..

bluebird
11-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Your response to this "If that's the case why do the claim to be; "America's First and Only Champions Only Dog Show Entry" is this!

yes bluebird- very good. exactly!
do you show too? There are many of us here.. :confused:

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
They take the top 25 champions by points- some dogs have points , but uh passed on or retired. After the top 25 champions and they dont have the 25 then they turn to points. Puppies qualify if like, in my case, puppies have beaten open dogs/bitches.
I know its complicated- but the purpose of dog shows is to determine breeding stock, and this show is only once a year- verses other KC's ( kennel clubs) that have a fall show etc then a summer or spring show.
You will the comments of " this is a young dog of 18 months" and notice the registered name DOES NOT have Ch. ( Champion) by it.. That is how they got there. LIke cockers are easy or goldens but like Borzois, or Salukis or Beacherons etc- there arent enough pointed dogs to fill the show.. See? Thats how it happens..

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Now Crufts is different- there is no limit on each breed- I have never been there obviously and even how you can show- ie bait or not- but they allow alot more breeds than we do, and only champions. - its done totally off of points in one calendar year or wins in showing life of the dog.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Oh I see now. Didn't someone say you're judging at westminster this year or is it next year? That must be exciting.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh I see now. Didn't someone say you're judging at westminster this year or is it next year? That must be exciting.
lollllllllllllll no but I am a judge. The co- owner of my dogs is though... But even if they could go, they could not compete as he is co- owner.

bluebird
11-17-2006, 05:39 PM
What breeds do you judge? I've done some judging myself

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 05:41 PM
What breeds do you judge? I've done some judging myself
Ohhhhhhhhhhh thats wonderful!!!!! I do herding and terriers. What do you do? Maybe you know my friend Iva.

Suki Wingy
11-17-2006, 05:45 PM
*huff* i hope to someday go to Westminster! i would probably scream with excitment! :o the closest thing we have to it is the IKC shows in Feb. it's the only benched show i've ever been to. i was entered with Gracie last year. it was her last show. :( i'm going as a spectater this comming year with Megan! YAY! :D
there's gonna be no benches now, (still a benched show but no actual wooden benches) I'll be there too, hopefully with a breeder to help!

bluebird
11-17-2006, 05:45 PM
That name doesn't ring a bell though I'm still a provisional judge.

I've mostly done herding and a few sporting breeds. Mostly on the West coast so far.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I pm'd you with the names. I dont feel safe here to say the names, but you will have them. Also- my judge name is under my previous marriage name and I pm'd you with that as well.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
That name doesn't ring a bell though I'm still a provisional judge.

I've mostly done herding and a few sporting breeds. Mostly on the West coast so far.
Too far for me- I am east coast but maybe you know my friends I pm'd you with..

wolfsoul
11-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I think I'm more shocked that the seizing chihuahua that needs C-sections is the dam of many champions...Wow, good choice for your breeding program! :eek:

I've never heard a show that actually checked dogs microchips/tattoos. Used to be mandatory to check tattoo numbers, waaay back when, but nowadays nobody does it (atleast where I am). Marla has seen dogs entered as other dogs and win. I always joke, "we should just enter Visa as Jag. Then Jag will finish alot faster!" I think they should definatly make it mandatory.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 09:28 PM
I think I'm more shocked that the seizing chihuahua that needs C-sections is the dam of many champions...Wow, good choice for your breeding program! :eek:

I've never heard a show that actually checked dogs microchips/tattoos. Used to be mandatory to check tattoo numbers, waaay back when, but nowadays nobody does it (atleast where I am). Marla has seen dogs entered as other dogs and win. I always joke, "we should just enter Visa as Jag. Then Jag will finish alot faster!" I think they should definatly make it mandatory.
Oh I know- several other breed too.
We are in a heavy populated dog show area- they wan a form of id- either tattoo or microchip if someone challenges the dog in the ring is the name listed. Its standard here.
I will say I microchipped because these are my babies- and easier to get back if there were uh a uh kidnapping kind of thing..

bluebird
11-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Oh wait a minute, that wouldn't be the lady that breeds and judges Whippets and Junior Showmanship would it? If she's the one, we had a judging assignment at the same show once and I met her briefly at the Judges dinner.
Nice lady with a big smile!

Wolfsoul that's the first thing I thought of about the chi too. What the heck are they doing breeding a dog that has seizures and needs c sections?

borzoimom
11-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Oh wait a minute, that wouldn't be the lady that breeds and judges Whippets and Junior Showmanship would it? If she's the one, we had a judging assignment at the same show once and I met her briefly at the Judges dinner.
Nice lady with a big smile!

Wolfsoul that's the first thing I thought of about the chi too. What the heck are they doing breeding a dog that has seizures and needs c sections?
Yes she is and a very dear friend of mine!! Say hello to her for me would you? I am not active judging anymore because of my health, but we have been long friends. She is a sweetheart and also loves dogs. !!!!

wolfsoul
11-18-2006, 09:07 AM
borzoimom, what happened to you judging Westminster? :confused:

bluebird
11-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Yes she is and a very dear friend of mine!! Say hello to her for me would you? I am not active judging anymore because of my health, but we have been long friends. She is a sweetheart and also loves dogs. !!!!

Wouldn't it be funny if we discovered you and I had met somewhere? But ofhand I don't remember meeting any female Borzoi, breeder judges! I remember meeting a delightful Borzoi breeder from NY, but we spent most of our brief visit talking horses, not dogs.

borzoimom
11-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I would love to meet you. I wont be showing for at least two months because of health issues, and family obligations with the holidays. All our kids are in college, but that is when we see them the most. And judging taking expenses. Hotels etc., and you cant have your own dog in the show at the same time- or even co owned. As it is, I am limited where I can go out west or farther north, because the co-owner of my dogs is the top respected judge in Borzois.
Have heart- the spring circuit is coming, and we will probably be headed out your way. I will let you know. Cant miss us- we should be ( I hope) the couple with two white and black borzois, and a merle collie for obedience trails.. lol..

bluebird
11-19-2006, 01:38 PM
It's always fun to meet judges from other parts of the country.

I'm considering an assignment for the CDVFA to be held May 29. If I accept, the details should be wrapped up soon. That's in your neck of the woods isn't it? Maybe you can pull some strings and wangle an invitation to the Judges dinner. That would be a great place to meet, maybe even run into some old friends.

I'll let you know!

borzoimom
11-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I would love too, but I would have to personally know you etc. . I really want to finish these two this spring- then of course, pray for puppies... lol.
It's always fun to meet judges from other parts of the country.

I'm considering an assignment for the CDVFA to be held May 29. If I accept, the details should be wrapped up soon. That's in your neck of the woods isn't it? Maybe you can pull some strings and wangle an invitation to the Judges dinner. That would be a great place to meet, maybe even run into some old friends.

I'll let you know!

bluebird
11-19-2006, 02:10 PM
I agree, we all need to be cautious and never take anyone at their word! If you are hesitant I understand. This is the reason I suggested meeting at the judges dinner which is by invitation only. You'd also have the opportunity to verify that I am judging from ringside.

If I accept the assignment I'll let you know what breeds I'm judging and you will see my name in the premium list. You can decide what you want to do then.

borzoimom
11-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I appreciate that. As you know judging yourself, we are a select group- once in- in like flint.. lol Finishing my guys now, and getting ready for Galina with puppies is of a higher priority right now. Its hard enough to find shows that is not affiated with the co owner of these two. ( I pm'd you with his name before.. lol)

tikeyas_mom
11-19-2006, 02:36 PM
omg!!!!
WEho every stole those dogs should seariously goto jail..
thats not very good at all!!!.. I cant even begin to uinderstand the kind of fear, worry, and sadness those owners must feel right now.. I wonder what kinda person would do this.. I heard of a lady stealing show dogs in canada before, she was selling them for alot of money after she had stolen them...

bluebird
11-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Okay I understand! If you just happen to be at the show, stop by ringside after the judging.

I haven't gotten any PMs from you.

borzoimom
11-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Okay I understand! If you just happen to be at the show, stop by ringside after the judging.

I haven't gotten any PMs from you.
Now see what I mean.????. lolllllllllllllllllllll...

buttercup132
11-19-2006, 05:09 PM
borzoimom, what happened to you judging Westminster? :confused:Thats what I was wondering she told us both she was judging the working group this year at Westminster.

Karen
11-19-2006, 06:06 PM
She said she was hoping to go to Westminster, not to judge Westminster. Easy mistake to make.

auntievenom
11-24-2006, 11:22 AM
http://animalresourcescentral.homestead.com/GreensboroTheft-CLAUDIA.html

My Mother-in-law, Claudia bred two of these maltese and owns one, co-owns the other. Above is a link to pictures of the dogs. Her contact information is also included on that site (it was originally excluded from the posts). She is understandably confused as to why the dogs were left unattended and is very concerned. She has shown many dogs through other handlers without ever having anything happen to them.