PDA

View Full Version : Our First Experience

K & L
11-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Of all the rescuing we’ve done in the past nine years, we’ve never had a mom cat together with her kittens. It has always been kittens dumped in the park with no mom. I’ve got to say this has been one of the most heartwarming experiences. Sable has been what I consider the perfect mom. She trusted us to capture her and her kittens and settled right into our household. She has trusted the grandchildren and the other cats. She stands guard when they’re out playing and if Chowder becomes too rough, she scolds him. She will leave them for a bit only to come back and ensure they’re safe.

As I write this she is on the desk next to me purring and cleaning herself while Gable & Garbo are playing. Sable is such a gentle soul and if someone did dump her they don’t know what they’re missing. All I can say is THANK YOU to them because this has brought us more pleasure than I can write. She and babies have been the perfect house guests and it will be sad to say goodbye.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
That is so heartwarming. And it is their loss *the owners*. Good luck in your new furrever homes Gable & Garbo. I know your kitty mom and your meowmie will miss you so much!

kimlovescats
11-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Oh Lisa, I know exactly what you mean. I have had some wonderfully loving and nurturing kitty moms here too! No one can tell me that they don't LOVE their babies!!! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Lisa, I could tell from the pictures that Sable has been a wonderful mom to her kittens.:) Too bad all 3 of them won't be able to stay together. They sure make a wonderful little family.:) I can't imagine having to say goodbye to any of them. This must be so difficult.:(

It sounds to me like you're becoming very attached to Sable. Maybe she's already in her new loving forever home.;)

Freedom
11-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Sigh, this is so nice to read . . . .

Barbara
11-14-2006, 10:12 AM
It would be a long story to explain how our Grisette 27 years ago had not only kittens once but twice :o
But I am glad I had the experience. The second time I was close to her - and I will never forget that. She was such a purrfect mom.
And of course we found purrfect homes for everybody. (Parallel to the second birth we found a litter of four dumped in the woods- so I was very much in cat rescuing at that time ;))

jenluckenbach
11-14-2006, 03:10 PM
:) :) :)

catmandu
11-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I had the same qualms when they took Pouncette and her Babies away, but I knew it was for the best.
And now they all have Great Homes.
Its tough to say Goodbye to the Cats that we POOF, but so far they have all done very well.
God Bless You for giving Gable and Garbo a chance at a Furr Ever Home.

kb2yjx
11-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks for sharing your story with us!!! You will have wonderful memories(and some photos, too!)to remind you of this time!!!

I've been frosted!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-14-2006, 09:39 PM
The good news is that you're not loosing them, a new home is gaining two wonderful kitties, and hopefully soon Sable will have a great home of her own too.....if she doesn't already have one. ;)

Hard to believe after all those years this is the first time, but I'm glad you shared the experience with us. :)