PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Ban on Pit Bulls

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 08:11 PM
PLEASE DO SOMETHING... I only owned one pit in my life, and I was a child her name was clipper. But what makes me sick= the fact that a pit is banned is why my friend is in jail. If her dog had been a golden retriever that went over the fence, it would have been a slap on the wrist, the fact it was a amer staffy put her in jail.
I have been accused to being against pits- I am not- I am looking at this as an adult the complications it brings to my financial life for owning a certain type of dog= BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS SO... If we dont do something, the only ones having a pitt will be the criminals... Not homes like myself as a child- the criminals for a fast buck in dog fighthing and drugs.
I agree not all breedings are good in this, but banning the dog just puts the dog in the hands of those that break the law. I know they are are not good around other dogs- but neither are my breed around cats either...
Try to stop the ban on pits- people can not afford the money to insure them.. I pay less for 4 now 5 dogs than I would for one pit type... Its not a matter of the breed- its what the law says they can sue for, and a dog running at large is just that= running at large...
STOP FIGHTING AND GET ON THE POINT HERE- as long as it is illegal to have a pit, there wont be any good ones. Even our therapy group that works with kids with cancer bans pits. The hysteria has gotten out of controL... They dont understand the issues= this dog wont let off an attack, barred from most police forces because of this= but a dog is a dog is a dog... They should not have to pay more for insurance, or have the dogs registered with the pd becasuse of what the dog is.. Clipper wasnt a monster- pushy- yes- bossy yes= but a MONSTER HECKKKKKKKKKK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Husky15
11-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I agree.

I am sorry that your friend is in jail, and it is true - if her dog had been a Golden - she would have just gotten a slap on the wrist.

My parents and I just had a conversation about this tonight and I do not agree with the banning of them. I really wish I could adopt a Pit Bull and prove that they're not monsters, but my parents do not want anymore dogs in the house.

This is such a touchy subject for me and I get mad easily when I talk about it. I do not think that they should make people pay more just because of the breed of the dog. A dog is a dog. A Chihuahua is a dog, and so is a Pit Bull. They shouldn't be judging a breed. And I'm sure that Clipper was a great dog.

It's a sad, sad thing.

If I was a person who would get vists from therapeutic dogs, I would just love to see a Pit coming.

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Its only going to put these breeds in the hands of criminals if they dont stop this...

Husky15
11-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Its only going to put these breeds in the hands of criminals if they dont stop this...

Exactly. Criminals are criminals, they do things against the law. So banning them isn't going to help, it'll make it so that the only place for a Pit to go is in the hands of a criminal because doing things against the law is a cakewalk for them.

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2006, 02:04 PM
and I thought you hated pits? Sorry, I don't know you very well, and you don't know me.. But.. Whatev.. My point is.. I have a Pit Mix, and she's harmless.. sooo.. yeah.

Husky15
11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
and I thought you hated pits? Sorry, I don't know you very well, and you don't know me.. But.. Whatev.. My point is.. I have a Pit Mix, and she's harmless.. sooo.. yeah.

You have a Pit mix? That's awesome. I always wanted a Pit or Pit mix. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until I get a place of my own. It's so sad how people judge a dog immediately just because of its breed. Like I said to my mom last night, if someone owned a Lab and it was tied up in the yard and people walked by and it started barking, nobody would think anything of it, but if it was Pit that was tied out, everyone would be scared and think it's a mean dog.

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2006, 02:19 PM
You have a Pit mix? That's awesome. I always wanted a Pit or Pit mix. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until I get a place of my own. It's so sad how people judge a dog immediately just because of its breed. Like I said to my mom last night, if someone owned a Lab and it was tied up in the yard and people walked by and it started barking, nobody would think anything of it, but if it was Pit that was tied out, everyone would be scared and think it's a mean dog.
Yep, she's the love of my life. (in my sig :)) and yeah, I agree. (btw, love your sig. I miss lost :()

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 02:23 PM
No you are right- you dont know me.. I dont hate pits- I think there is too much of ownership and people not able to understand the legal limits on this breed in a attack is awful.
As I stated- had my friends dog been a golden retriever, she would have only paid for the medical bills- it would not have been a crime..
I have seen a side to these breeds I wish I had not seen- but if they dont get the breed in with the people that care- not the dog fighthing, not the gangs, this will never change.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I am against the clubs denial there is a problem. I am against the idea of having a macho dog ends up at the dogs expense. I am against people that have no clue this breed will not let off of an attack, and training etc is no just important- but DOWN RIGHT NECESSARY.. I am against the insurance companies that states one pit will cost someone over 700 dollars a year in insurance because the laws allows others to sue for these awful amonts - 300 grand and up is the going rate...
THese are breeds that went past being a guard dog, to one that finishes a fight in death. And the clubs just stick their heads in the sand and ignore it while owners that never hear the other side ignore the warnings ...

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2006, 02:43 PM
No you are right- you dont know me.. I dont hate pits- I think there is too much of ownership and people not able to understand the legal limits on this breed in a attack is awful.
I've just heard otherwise from my well-known around here friends, but okay, I'm not trying to start an argument. It's just funny how you hate them one day then here you are saying how abused and disliked they are. Anyways, I'm not trying to start an argument, and I do agree that pits have a bad rep, and it's not their fault it's the owner's. (and this has been discussed in this forum many times over.)

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I never hated- I am hurt my friend has to suffer so for a dog bite- any other breed it would have been a fine.
I know the attacks are more vicious but still.. If people knew the truth better with these breeds, they might be more prepared to do what is right in prevention.

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I never hated- I am hurt my friend has to suffer so for a dog bite- any other breed it would have been a fine.
Okay, whatever..

I know the attacks are more vicious but still.. If people knew the truth better with these breeds, they might be more prepared to do what is right in prevention.
Umm, :rolleyes: A golden retriever could attack just as viciously as a Pit bull. and don't say you didn't say that the attacks are more vicious cuz ya just did. If they knew the truth better they might be more prepared to do what's right in the prevention? That sounds to me like you're trying to say pit bulls should be banned or something.. :confused:

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 02:52 PM
In light of the controversy of the thread in the breed section I would think that starting this thread may be in the interest of trouble so I have purposely stayed out of it.

I noticed on your other forum borzoimom you suggested that pit bulls should be completely eliminated.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Not acknowledging there is a problem with these breeds, is like the Borzoi club to ignore the fact my breed will chase- potentially kill- cats... Our club and breed knowsssssssss there is a problem with small dogs and cats- we acknowlege that. After all- my breed will chase a plastic white bag for God sake.
As long as the clubs do nothing to inform, this will continue..

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Its like basic fire arm safety.. You have to know how to operate a gun- and never let your guard down.. Same thing here..

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
But there is NO problem if the dog doesn't have some idiot-brained for an owner. My dog could be a vicious killer, but she's not. The dogs don't have a problem the owners do.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:05 PM
HOney- my friend was one of the most skilled trainers I ever met.. If the breed clubs dont help, nothing will be done.
Take Kommondors for example- they only take their family, and puppy buyers are told this.. Or any sighthound about small animals or terriers with rodent type pets- but they refuse to do anything about this ... All pits are banned here, and mixed. The reason is to make people think before getting these breeds. If they are totally outlawed in the US, the only ones that will have them are the drug dealers for fighthing.... Or as they said here- shoot on sight.. That is sick to me.. If you really cared you wouldnt get on your ivory tower but try to help. Educated people on what is required.
If I took one of my borzois to a toy breed dog show, they would wear a racing muzzle. The same responsiblity needs to go here...

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:06 PM
But there is NO problem if the dog doesn't have some idiot-brained for an owner. My dog could be a vicious killer, but she's not. The dogs don't have a problem the owners do.
BTW- how many have you owned?

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
HOney- my friend was one of the most skilled trainers I ever met.. If the breed clubs dont help, nothing will be done.
Take Kommondors for example- they only take their family, and puppy buyers are told this.. Or any sighthound about small animals or terriers with rodent type pets- but they refuse to do anything about this ... All pits are banned here, and mixed. The reason is to make people think before getting these breeds. If they are totally outlawed in the US, the only ones that will have them are the drug dealers for fighthing.... Or as they said here- shoot on sight.. That is sick to me.. If you really cared you wouldnt get on your ivory tower but try to help. Educated people on what is required.
If I took one of my borzois to a toy breed dog show, they would wear a racing muzzle. The same responsiblity needs to go here...
Okay, but that's not what you were saying. I am an educated person. I own a pit mix. If they were banned here, I know my mom would make me rehome her, but I would rather fight for the breed than have the breed clubs do something, because they wont.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Isnt it sad you will loose your pet because the club wont help and stop the government from banning them?
I wouldnt stay where I am if they did the same with sighthounds...
Here the ban is pit breeds and mixes. If a pit mix ends up in a shelter, sweet or not, it is put down... Dont you think that is sick??? Alllllllll because the clubs do nothing to help here. Nothing- they dont admit the dog will go after another dog-
When I had clipper, we didnt use muzzles in public. Nothing what I know now, I would ... For one reason- she couldnt hurt someone and I would not have to loose her by being put to sleep- ie KILLED...

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Borzoimom, What was the intention of this thread honestly? More arguing? Do you really care so much about not banning pit bulls?

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2006, 03:14 PM
I've owned ONE pit Mix, but I've met more than one. I know alot about my dog's breeds. I don't plan on losing my dog. If something like that happened here, then I would move or pay all the money I had to keep her. The breed clubs don't care. They don't listen to the owners, they listen to the stupid media. I'm tired of arguing with you, because I believe you do want the breed banned. I don't want to waste my time arguing awith someone who hated my dog before even though she said she loooves the breed. Whatever. I'm wasting my time and I'm preaching to the choir. :rolleyes:

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:14 PM
I am trying to force the breed clubs to start to work on the problem. I know you are young, but the connections go deep. People are not looking at what this breed is.
Just like shepherds- if they dont get out and about, they are very territorial. Well they are supposed to protect their homes- and I had a JRT once kill a childhood friends guinea pig.. Each situation is in a certain breed as form to function- this was a pit dog.. I mean they took the bull dog, and now they are sooooooooooo loveable as they worked to help the breed survive and become popular pets...

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:16 PM
or like border collies- one of the smartest breeds around- people get the puppies only to have more problems then they imagined from lack of a job. ( my friend that helped out today with BC mom gets those robot floor cleaners to give her dogs something to do...) Its allllllllllllll part of knowing what the problem is, and working to fix it to improve the image of the breeds.

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Please please please do not talk down to our younger members...bri is a respected member of our community and she is treated equal, even to us oldies. Heck sometimes I think the youngsters know more than I do and I am willing to admit it.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Please please please do not talk down to our younger members...bri is a respected member of our community and she is treated equal, even to us oldies. Heck sometimes I think the youngsters know more than I do and I am willing to admit it.
Then I hate to say it, just like I did with borzoi breeders. you need to listen to those with experience. Age or not, and I know how old you are, but its true.. You dont want to hear what people are saying, and I think its because you dont understand that things can happen with a breed... If they dont do something soon, it will be almost impossible to own a pit type, and only the worst will survive in the breeds.
I saw a american staffy once try to take out a cocker spaniel at ring side. This was a socialized dog that had just won breed ... Lost not only points, and banned from showing, but I heard also was sued for a ridiculous price and won...

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 03:26 PM
I never see jadapit here anymore because you broke her heart with all your hate talk about pitbulls. Just give it a rest for gods sake.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:31 PM
YOU are the one that makes attacks at me. I know you are not legal age, but this is to petition the breed clubs to do something.. Temperment tests anything...

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 03:32 PM
I am 45 what do you consider legal age?

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:33 PM
I am 45 what do you consider legal age?
What experience do you have with the breed? How many have you owned and what have you done with them. ...

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Well on the other board you claimed you were a veterinarian...I don't need to show off and make stuff up, I just don't see what purpose you are serving starting these thread about pit bulls all the time, you have hurt a lot of people.

buttercup132
11-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Then I hate to say it, just like I did with borzoi breeders. you need to listen to those with experience I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say we have had enough of YOU.

All your lies, thinking your the greatest thing in the world,you thinking you know EVERYTHING about EVERY breed, your TERRIBLE spelling, and you talking down to the younger members. Just STOP already!

Noone wants to hear what you have to say! I honestly dont care if I'm being rude right now because it seems very few will speak up and you are driving the well respected members out of here.

Dont say that I dont know you and that Im judging you either because with what youve said on here already has proven enough of who you are and quite frankley I dont want to get to know you.

Hmm I wonder why you were drivin out of your last forum ..maybe cause you where the same there dont you get it that nobody likes it.

You already spoke your mind about PitBulls on the other thread and said how you dont like them. And now your causing more arguments..Just STOP!

Get the hint already and leave!

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
I have never been a vet... I am a licensed dog trainer, and in breed for showing and training as well as one of the top private trainer in my 3 state area.
I heard many times through pm's you attack people. I figured it was immaturity, but they left because of you...
I am trying to hope that people will move the clubs to do something that shows this is a family dog, but you have to take measures to stop the down spiral...

buttercup132
11-14-2006, 03:42 PM
I have never been a vet... I am a licensed dog trainer, and in breed for showing and training as well as one of the top private trainer in my 3 state area.
I heard many times through pm's you attack people. I figured it was immaturity, but they left because of you...
I am trying to hope that people will move the clubs to do something that shows this is a family dog, but you have to take measures to stop the down spiral...Wow another lie you told me then. I thought you were also a judge..on your other forum you calimed you were a vet. This is all unravaling very quickly. Hopefully more people will see through you and see you for the liar you are like everyone on your other forum did.

If Casey'smom was attacking people through pm's Karen would know about and have put a stop to it by banning her. But shes still here and still a very respected member. Wich I cant say about you. How do you know if she pm's people you have been on here what a whole month?
Nice try.

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Several members here have met me in person so please stop accusing me of being under age. I am 45, not that there is anything wrong with our younger members.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 03:56 PM
I am trying to force people to help the breed clubs.
You came across to me as being younger because well... My age group doesnt attack people. I have pms from people that your comments made them leave.. anyway...
as of this election now you cant have a pit mix here either.. I dont have one, but I am sure others do... The clubs needs to say okay here is a problem and we encourage so in so...

Kfamr
11-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Borzoimom, whoever the heck you are or who you claim to be, knock it off. You are disrespecting many loved members and their beloved dogs with your blatant B.S. and I am quite sick of it.

You have caused too much grief on your short little stay here thus far. You need to stop attacking long-time members and get out of here with your narrowminded views. You are not going to be welcomed here if you feel the need to cause such havok among these dog threads.

buttercup132
11-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I am trying to force people to help the breed clubs.
You came across to me as being younger because well... My age group doesnt attack people. I have pms from people that your comments made them leave.. anyway...
as of this election now you cant have a pit mix here either.. I dont have one, but I am sure others do... The clubs needs to say okay here is a problem and we encourage so in so...Umm listen Missy you dont act your age at all either. You can't even spell right for goodness sake! And you make threads like this to make up arguments..ya real adult like...

Pm's from who? I dont think she has ever caused someone to leave and why would they be pming you anways? She hasnt caused problems with you before so how would she have come up into a pm? And who would be pming a new member saying stuff like that...members sorry cause apparently theres been more then one.

The only respected member that has been missing latley is Donna and that was because of YOU.

chocolatepuppy
11-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say we have had enough of YOU.

agreed ;)

Jadapit
11-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Omg, how dare you say those things to caseysmom! I honestly dont believe she made anyone leave ever. I haven't been coming to PT like I was because you upset me so much with the stuff you said about pit bulls. I dont see why anyone would come to a pet forum and bash a breed of dogs like you did the pit bull. I would never do that its just not right. You say you dont want them banned yet you keep on with the bashing.

I own a pit and a pit mix. Jada has been with us almost four years. Ebony two years in March. I've not had any problems with them attacking each other, other dogs, or any other living animal. I may not be a "trainer" like your friend was but I must be doing something right my butt isn't in jail.

I really think you needs to give the whole pit bull thing a rest. In my heart I know you dont love the breed not at all if you did you wouldn't have said on another forum that the breed needs to die out. That's not loving a breed of dog now is it?!?

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 04:49 PM
I miss you so much Donna :(

LilacDragon
11-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Asking the breed clubs to do more then they are already doing is pointless. I promise you that there are many, many more responsible pit bull owners who DO NOT belong to a breed club than do.

It is up to PEOPLE not clubs to fight BSL. If your city/town/province is talking about BSL - then get up from in front of your computer, go to a meeting and let them know that you will not stand for this! Offer alternatives that target behaviours and not breeds. Make a difference - don't just complain on a forum.

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 05:33 PM
They tried that here. They said the breeds were doing nothing to make sure the breeds were safe- so now what? ...

Karen
11-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I am closing this thread, as you dont seem to realize that this is Pet Talk, where evryone should be treated as a pet lover who deserves respect, regardless of age and "credentials."