PDA

View Full Version : Oh I'm a bad meowmie and Rocky proves it!

jazzcat
11-13-2006, 07:56 PM
This is gross!!! Rocky is notorious for eating plastic bags but I just found out it goes beyond that.
Look at what he threw up!!! If the site of cat barf/hairballs makes you sick don't look.

This is how it looked in the paper towel after I got up off the door mat.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/yak1.jpg

This is how it looked after I picked it apart to find out what all he has eaten. Yes I know that is gross but I had to know what all he'd eaten.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/yak2.jpg

Clockwise from the top right is part of a handle of a white plastic grocery bag, below it is the actual hairball, below that is clear two sided tape (sticky paws) that we used on some furniture to keep him from scratching and mixed with it at the bottom right is part of a small white bungee cord from a cat toy, the black thing in the middle is the same type cord from another hanging toy and the far left is the rest of the white bungee cord.

I have no idea when he ate all this stuff and I feel awful. We try to keep all plastic bags put away and I had no idea he'd been eating that Sticky Paws tape. The cord is my fault. Those toys had been in the sunroom and I moved them out when we let the kittens go play in there and I guess Rocky discovered them and decided to have a snack. I had no idea he would eat that.

I feel so bad. My big guys have been so neglected with the sick kittens here. I'm such a bad meomie!!!!! I just pray that he threw up everything he ate and there is no blockage going on inside.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-13-2006, 08:03 PM
I say THANK GOD he threw it all up! He sure could have been blocked from all of that. Poor Rocky!

And dont feel bad, Puff is the plastic eater here. She also eats toys (the whole furry mice, eyes, tail and all. But hers comes out "the other end".

Just watch him to make sure he is eating normally and pooing normal.

And Rocky, DONT DO THAT! You silly boy. Are you jealous the babies are getting your much deserved attention?

Cats. That is exactly why I dont have children. It takes too much to watch 8 cats, a husband AND a child. lol ;)

rg_girlca
11-13-2006, 09:43 PM
HOLY TOLEDO LORI!!!! :eek:

Thanks goodness is right that he threw all this stuff up. I think you are going to have to cat proof your house like I had to with Poppy. He also enjoys plastic bags, ribbons, elastics, small string and ribbons. ESPECIALLY ribbon.

I pray that if there is anything left that he is able to have it come out the other end. Now that you know he has an appetite for these things, you are just going to have to remove them from the house.

Lori, one thing for sure is that you are NOT a bad meowmie. Like i've said before, we cannot keep a watch on our kitties 24/7. They always seem to manage to get into something when our backs our turned.

kimlovescats
11-13-2006, 09:43 PM
OH MY GOSH, Lori!!! :eek: How in the world could you stop that??? He's determined to eat weird stuff. Bless your heart!
Shame on you, Rocky!!! Quit worrying your mommy like that! :confused:

krazyaboutkatz
11-13-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm so glad that he threw it up and hopefully this is everything. You're not a bad meowmie. Cats will get into things like little kids. Remember when my Pearl pooped out a red elastic string. Luckily she got rid of everything.

Just watch him to make sure that he acting normal and eating and drinking well. The ER also told me to watch out for vomiting or diarrhea too. I hope he'll be fine now.

catfamily
11-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Oh don't worry.You can't be with them 24/7 each one and everyone knows that's totally impossible.They all have the best home in the world and Rocky knows it :)
I'm sure he'll be fine and don't worry...he'll let you know if he needs further assistance.

Reachoutrescue
11-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Oh the poor baby! I sure hope he got it all out! Please keep an eye on him. Good luck and please keep us posted.

shais_mom
11-14-2006, 12:00 AM
aawwww
you are doing fine - you didn't intend for him to be a garbage disposal! :)
feel better Rocky!
I don't feel so bad now that the tails are missing on the toy mice!

catfamily
11-14-2006, 03:39 AM
I'm still looking at everything he threw up.Gosh what are we going to with that pretty boy.Just keep an eye on him like everyone said.I have Rufus that chewed up all my wires in the house.He still chews at 9 months old(all black kitten).and thank goodness we have the thick black ugly coverings over every SINGLE wire in the house now.What a pain THAT was putting in.And cost us hundreds with new phones lamps and computer stuff.Poor guy though....we were happy he wasn't electricuted!
He loves to chew chew chew.I don't think it will stop.But we have everything covered and we love him so he's a happy loved camper still and not chinese food.lol
kidding!
And I put some stairs(cat stairs,fairly cheep for the corner of a chair that I don't want them scrathing up.And on the other side of the chair I put a scratching post.We did all the furniture over in microfiber which is beautiful to look at and they say pets can't scratch it.They haven't so far.We did the 2 coaches and 3 different chairs.They scratch the ONE chair we didn't do over.And with micro fiber the hair wipes right off.
I hope Rocky is OK.I'm sure he's fine though.
I'm sure you were and still are so upset with worry.Try not to worry yourself sick.That's why we're here.

orangemm
11-14-2006, 04:24 AM
Wow, that is some serious 'throw-up'. Better out than in!

What in the world could be appealing about a plastic bag? Yech.

Kirsten
11-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Holy Sh..!!! :eek: I'm glad all this came out!! Poor Rocky must have felt awful with all this in his stomach!!!

You know, we can be as careful as possible, they always find a way to eat these crazy things! Some weeks ago, Lily ate a piece of these "curly ribbons" that you use for gifts. I forgot to close the door of the room where the present was, and when I came back a couple of minutes later, a part of the ribbon was missing. Gave her a lot of malt paste after that incident, but so far, nothing came out. :o

Kirsten

Freedom
11-14-2006, 09:23 AM
My goodness, what a collection he ate!

Sparkle eats elastic bands, and they come out the other end. I used to keep a few on a doorknob for when I need them. Sparkle is a long / tall cat. She would stretch up and start snapping them until on bounced off the knob and onto the floor. I had to move them to the inside knob of a closet so I could get them and SHE CAN'T.

Cat proofing is an ongoing job; it is never completed. That doesn't make you a bad mom, don't beat up on yourself.