PDA

View Full Version : Gracie is going to have babies...

angelbow20
11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
I finally got an appt at the vet today and found out gracie IS pregnant, and has atleast 2 puppies in her but atleast shes healthy and so are the puppies so far, she is due 2 weeks before xmas, and the vet tech we asked didnt think she was pregnant a few weeks ago but i wasnt too sure so had to wait a few weeks to get in for the appointment and the vet checked her and said it would be more healthy for her to deliver they pups then abort them, so the begining of dec i will have golden pups.

tikeyas_mom
11-13-2006, 07:57 PM
do you plan on breeding her? Was she bred to another golden retriever? How old is she? has she had puppies before? :confused: Were you thinking about aborting the puppies before??:eek:

Do you have any pics of the "soon to be" momma?

dab_20
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
do you plan on breeding her? Was she bred to another golden retriever? How old is she? has she had puppies before? :confused: Were you thinking about aborting the puppies before??:eek:

Do you have any pics of the "soon to be" momma?

I think angelbow posted a thread before that it is an accidental litter. I may be wrong, though.

Please get her spayed after she has her puppies! It will be better for the both of you, along with the many homeless pets that are out there already. Hope everything goes smoothly with the delivery and that all her puppies are nice and healthy. Please keep us updated.

angelbow20
11-13-2006, 08:03 PM
shes over a yr and i was planning on getting her fixed after christmas when i had more money, i was thinkin about aborting the pups but he said she would be safer at this time to just have them so im doing that, He breeds labs for show so he knows alot of about retrievers and hes also a very good vet. I wasnt going to breed her though so i will just get her fixed after now since thats the safest way for he right now, he did have her seperated but she jumped our 5 to 6 ft fence when she was in heat and got out which she never done before.

angelbow20
11-13-2006, 08:05 PM
I did have pics but i dont have them on my computer anymore one of these days i will put a pic on her, atleast the vet said she's healthy and seems to be fine with everything and he thinks hse going to be a very good mother so i hope she will and im hoping she doesnt have alot of pups at all, I do have homes for them already though atleast.

BOBS DAD
11-13-2006, 08:17 PM
i know that we all (most) discourage pups, unless we are show quality dogs, but pups are gosh awful darn cute and the whole birth, raising, weaning thing is something you'll never forget. i am glad you have homes for them already. good luck and i hope all goes well.

angelbow20
11-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Thank you so much BOBS DAD! I hope so also, and yes atleast i can look forward to those adorable puppies that i can play with and take care of until they go to there new homes!

sammy101
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
I hope everything goes well for you and gracie! :) I'm glad your getting her spayed after this litter.And share some pictures ;)

angelbow20
11-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I hope everything goes well for you and gracie! :) I'm glad your getting her spayed after this litter.And share some pictures ;)

Thanks :) i will find some pics and send them sometime soon!

CathyBogart
11-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Yay Puppy Breath!! :) :) :)

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I finally got an appt at the vet today and found out gracie IS pregnant, and has atleast 2 puppies in her but atleast shes healthy and so are the puppies so far, she is due 2 weeks before xmas, and the vet tech we asked didnt think she was pregnant a few weeks ago but i wasnt too sure so had to wait a few weeks to get in for the appointment and the vet checked her and said it would be more healthy for her to deliver they pups then abort them, so the begining of dec i will have golden pups.
If you need any help with this, I am here... God bless you..

angelbow20
11-13-2006, 08:57 PM
yes I love puppy breath!!!!! now im getting excited, ive been so upset about it for sooo long but now that I have talked with my vet and he said she should be fine and seems so healthy and everything the best i can do now is be excited!!!! the only thing is being there when she gives birth seeing how I dont know anything about dogs giving birth. I have seen cats but they seem to go alot quicker and I never had to help the cat out at all. I def. cant wait to show pics of them if everything goes great though! :D

angelbow20
11-13-2006, 08:59 PM
If you need any help with this, I am here... God bless you..

Oh believe me i will need help or advice, she should be due around my BDAY so my bday will most likely be spent at home watching my doggy hoping she is fine with everything, but i dont know the exact day just know its already less than a month!

BC_MoM
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
It was a mistake - you know it. It was not intentional. While you have the right to be upset, instead of being upset, prepare yourself for these little trouble makers!! Heehee! We will, of course, demand MANY MANY pictures!