PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My Home Kishii!

Kalei
11-13-2006, 07:14 PM
I want to welcome my new bunny to my home (which is my room, hehe). Kishii has only been here for less than a week and she is doing great! I made sure that she got the biggest cage in the pet store that even has tall plastic walls going up it so that my parents don't have to get mad at me for shavings or hay getting on the floor. :rolleyes: Here is a pic of her nice big cage!

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2262/scagezh2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

After the cage, her food and litter, I even went up and got her some toys so she wouldn't be so bored when I'm not there. Bored bunnys are not good lol. So I hope she is feeling right at home.:D She is a very happy bunny, always has her ears up and looks around and man does she ever like to be free. I let her out of the cage and run around my room a few times in the day and she just loves it!

Although she does do one thing that I wish she wouldn't. She likes to run and hide under my dressers, especially when I move or try to get her. She probably just does it cause she is still not use to me of course. Hopefully someday she won't run away from me anymore. But when I take her out of the cage and just hold her she enjoys it, its just when I let her free that she doesn't want to be touched again. Oh well, I still love her so much! Here is another pic of her!

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1914/kishii4ks3.jpg (http://imageshack.us) I tried to get rid of the redeye but it just didn't work for me.

My rabbit has really different colored eyes too for a black bunny. Most black bunnys I know all have brown eyes, but Kishii has blue eyes with little brown speckles on the outsides of them. They are really neat looking!

Its great! So far my cat Bobo and Kishii get along just fine! Bobo even lets Kishii crawl over him and everything. So far there isn't a wide food variety that Kishii likes, I tried carrots and cabbage with her and she loved them other than her regular pellets and hay. I'm introducing the vegetables slowly to her body since she is still so young and not use to that type of food.

Kishii is certainly loved very very much and I can't wait to keep creating a bigger bond with her!

I had a bunny way back in 2001 and her name was Baby, she was a white mini rex rabbit and she and I had such a bond that she would let me do anything with her. She would sleep with me at night, would let me hold her in my hand like a cup, she would float on her back in the bath tub while looking up at me. She even came when I called her name and then she would lick my nose! I will always miss her so much, even now sometimes I think of her and start to cry. She had to be put down because she had a large tumour in behind her eye which was making her eye pop out. It was so sad, and she was only 2 years old. But now she is in a better place with all the other cute bunnies that have passed.

Anyway thanks to the people who have read this! :)

Argranade
11-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Welcome To PT Kishii! :D

Your bun bun is very beautiful and cute! I love black rabbits! that cage is perfect how much was it? I would like to get one.

Great photos! post as many pics of your bun buns as you want as PT loves there bunnies! :D

Kalei
11-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Aww thank you so much, it means alot to be welcomed. I am already addicted to this site and it hasn't even been a full day yet!:) Kishii is so glad you have welcomed her! I plan on getting more pics soon, lol it can be so hard getting pics of bunnies, specially when she really likes to run around.

yeah the cage is amazing! I got it at a Pets Unlimited for 119.99 plus tax, so together is came to like 125.00 and it comes with a water and food holder and a litter box too! Oh and not to mention a wonderful hay rack! It's like four feet long! And my little bunny is small too!

Thanks again!!:D

RockyRoad
11-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Kishii is absolutely adorable! You're right, she's probably just running away because she is afraid. My bunny Floppsy used to run and hide as well. But before you know it she'll warm up to you. That's so cute that your cat gets along with her too! It seems to me like you are a very responsible and loving pet owner and that Kishii is going to be very happy in your home! :D

buttercup132
11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Welcome!! Sorry to hear about Baby. Was she fixed? That could be the reasoning of such a early death. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about her.

Chilli
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Kishii is gorgeous! And is a lucky girl to have an owner that spoils her so greatly. ^__^
Welcome to the PT family, Kishii!

Kalei
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
You guys are all so so sweet! I am so happy! And to answer Buttercup132, no Baby was never fixed. Back then I was involved in a 4-H club and no one ever told me that she should be fixed. Ever since I got Kishii last wensday I have been looking at alot of rabbit health sites and every one of them tells me that spayed rabbits are much healthier and happier bunnies! So now that I have a job and can afford it no problem I plan on getting her fixed! But I can't until she is passed four months old of course. I hope the fixing would go well cause I'm kind of scared what Kishii might do when there is stitches sticking out her belly. If you have any advice I would just love to hear it!:) Is your bunnies fixed!

Once again thank you all! Kishii and I loves ya! I will have to creat another thread the day that Kishii goes to the vet.

Husky15
11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh, Kishii, you are a great bun. You are so cute and not afraid of people at all. It was fun having you out tonight on the bed, you were so cute! You had me giggling almost the whole time. I know that Kalei will take wonderful care of you, as she did Baby. Welcome to the wonderful PT family! You and Kalei will love it!

buttercup132
11-13-2006, 08:55 PM
You guys are all so so sweet! I am so happy! And to answer Buttercup132, no Baby was never fixed. Back then I was involved in a 4-H club and no one ever told me that she should be fixed. Ever since I got Kishii last wensday I have been looking at alot of rabbit health sites and every one of them tells me that spayed rabbits are much healthier and happier bunnies! So now that I have a job and can afford it no problem I plan on getting her fixed! But I can't until she is passed four months old of course. I hope the fixing would go well cause I'm kind of scared what Kishii might do when there is stitches sticking out her belly. If you have any advice I would just love to hear it!:) Is your bunnies fixed!

Once again thank you all! Kishii and I loves ya! I will have to creat another thread the day that Kishii goes to the vet.

Yes my boys are both fixed or it would be impossible to have bonded them.

What I did when I had my girl and she got spayed I just cut a sock and made a pee hole and leg holes . You could also use a E collar.
Where in Canada are you located?
I can help you find a good rabbit savvy vet.

Baby being not spayed is probly to reason of her passing then. Its the most common especially with females because they get the cancers easier.

Im VERY surprised she was so good with you without being spayed. They usually develope a teenage attitude at the age of 4-6 months and if they are fixed by then the attitude can stay wich is something you most definatly dont want. It's VERY unpleasent.

BC_MoM
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Kishii is beautiful! What a lovely name. I'm sure she'll enjoy that cage! It looks very cozy. :)

Kalei
11-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks so much for the advice! I am most definately getting her fixed and hopefully her attitude will be nice like she is now:) Poor Baby, if I had only had money then I may have been able to go through sergury, but then again I may not have. Baby is now waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge:D

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments and welcomings! I will have to put up some more pics of her soon.

Husky15
11-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Baby is now waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge:D

That she is. She is waiting as patiently as she can for you to come back. One fine day she will hop into your arms again. :)

Kalei
11-14-2006, 01:21 PM
oops I forgot to tell you where I live in Canada, I live in South Shore Nova Scotia Canada! The best vet I know is Called South Shore veterinary, or the Lunenburg one.