PDA

View Full Version : Leila Almost Lost Her Life Today!;)

K & L
11-13-2006, 05:48 PM
As some of you know Leila has been secluded to our bedroom for some months now due to peeing issues. She has been quite content there, but in the last week has seemed to have gotten "cabin fever". Yesterday we decided to let her out amongst the living and she seemed to have done very well. Today after work I let her out again, and it wasn't long she stood right in front of me and peed all over the kitchen cabinet! :mad: She's lucky she ran as fast as she did ;) and I didn't get my hands on her. Back to the bedroom she goes where I haven't had one peeing issue with her since her seclusion. She's lucky it wasn't out the backdoor!

kimlovescats
11-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Yikes! Nawtee girl!!!! So much for freedom! :rolleyes: ;)

jenluckenbach
11-13-2006, 07:18 PM
What a brat! LOL :eek:

slleipnir
11-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Oh no! lol. She doesn't waste time, does she??

It's not an infection, is it??

Freedom
11-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Female or not, that sounds like marking her territory the way you described it! Oh Leila, you need to live with everyone, not on your own!

Lizzie
11-13-2006, 08:28 PM
She is very lucky to live with someone who understands that some cats just can't stop themselves doing this. Although understanding doesn't mean you don't want to bang your head on the counter or scream, anything to let out the steam building up inside you. I was going to ask how old she was, in case she might stop with age, but I remembered that I had a male cat that continued to spray into his mid-teens, even up to a few weeks before he died of cancer. Are you prepared to live with this for years and years? Any more hope of extended your cat run outside?

K & L
11-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh no! lol. She doesn't waste time, does she??

It's not an infection, is it??

No, it's all behavioral. She got a clean bill of health from the vet, and she doesn't do this in "her" bedroom. Only when she's out among the rest of the cats.

jazzcat
11-13-2006, 08:37 PM
You have my sympathy. Ripley is doing the same kind of thing. He started to spray right in front of me just because he was mad. He wanted water in the master bathroom sink and I didn't fill it up.

Sometimes..... :mad:

K & L
11-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Are you prepared to live with this for years and years? Any more hope of extended your cat run outside?

She is old enough to know better! :rolleyes: Since she was a rescue and already an adult, we have no idea her age. We're guessing a few years.

Yes, at this point in time I'm prepared to deal with it. Seems we have it under control as long as she's secluded in her own room. When the day comes I'm too old and tired to deal with it, then I'll cross that bridge. :) It would be awhile before we could ever/if ever extend the cat run. It was not a cheap addition and we had way less cats then. Finances are getting tighter as the clan grows and we have the never ending rescues (TNR) at the park along with all the food we buy weekly.

krazyaboutkatz
11-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Lisa, you scared me with the title. I really thought that Leila almost died today.:eek: I guess she just has to stay put in your bedroom. At least this stops her from peeing. Good luck and be sure that your new digital camera is always put in a safe place.;)