PDA

View Full Version : Christmas music

davidpizzica
11-13-2006, 03:53 PM
There is a radio station in Pittsburgh that is ALREADY playing all Christmas music! Is this rushing the season and are there other statioms starting to play Christmas music, too?

caseysmom
11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I noticed that here over a week ago :rolleyes:

Karen
11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I love my iPod - no Christmas music until *I* say so!!!!

I rarely listen to music radio stations at all any more.

lvpets2002
11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
:) Yup there is some trying to do it here too.. I have seen more commercials on TV though.. Bla Bla.. Just wait till after next week..

elizabethann
11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
David, I just went to 3 stores at lunch time & everybody was playing Christmas music. And of course, the Christmas decorations were up the day after Halloween (some even before Halloween). This past weekend, I went through a small town and their decorations were hung on the lightpoles already - and they were lit up!

I think it's rushing it WAY too much. I LOVE Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday - being around the family, not having to worry about presents, watching football, going for a long walk afterwards, eating tons of turkey. Ahhhhh...I just love Thanksgiving. Christmas can wait.

BC_MoM
11-13-2006, 04:08 PM
My family and I always get our lights of on the night of Rememberance Day. It's been tradition years before I was even born.

I don't mind it. But anytime before Nov. 11th, is STUPID.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-13-2006, 04:09 PM
The radio stations aren't playing Christmas music yet. It's hard to pry them away from country music even for Christmas. The stores are blasting it though. Of course, they are hoping to put everyone in the Christmas spirit so we will spend more money!! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-14-2006, 10:21 AM
I know what I would do: turn off that radio!!! It is way to early for X-mas music... :rolleyes: . I mean, I love X-mas music, but not NOW :rolleyes:

JenBKR
11-14-2006, 10:22 AM
David I know! I woke up to 'Feliz Navidad' this morning! toooo soon

cmayer31
11-14-2006, 10:27 AM
I was channel surfing this morning and came across Christmas music. I love the holidays but at this rate I'm going to be in holiday overload before December!

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 11:59 AM
They are just using suggestive sales as next friday is black friday, and they want people to remember their store for christmas shopping.

catlover4ever
11-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Not here...at least not that I have heard. One station will start with 24 hours of Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving.

Miss Z
11-14-2006, 12:55 PM
My nearest Tesco had its first Christmas stock in September! Christmas is everywhere now, with Hallowe'en and Bonfire night out of the way. Most retail adverts on the TV are now mentioning Christmas, and I think pretty soon decorations will go up in places like the Trafford Centre. Personally, I absolutely adore this time of year to go shopping will all the beautiful lights, decorations and music - bliss ;)

davidpizzica
11-14-2006, 02:03 PM
David I know! I woke up to 'Feliz Navidad' this morning! toooo soon
Yep, Jen 3WS started it way TOO soon!

JenBKR
11-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Yep, Jen 3WS started it way TOO soon!

haha yep that's the station my alarm is set to! I don't know how that happened, it used to be y108.....hubby must have changed it on me ;) In any case, one holiday at a time please! The day after Thanksgiving is soon enough I think ;)

davidpizzica
11-14-2006, 02:12 PM
haha yep that's the station my alarm is set to! I don't know how that happened, it used to be y108.....hubby must have changed it on me ;) In any case, one holiday at a time please! The day after Thanksgiving is soon enough I think ;)
I agree. When you start hearing Christmas nusic this early, when Christmas rolls around you're SO tired of listening to it!

cyber-sibes
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I agree. When you start hearing Christmas nusic this early, when Christmas rolls around you're SO tired of listening to it!...especially when you work in retail! Our store had Christmas music starting right after Halloween last year - ugh! our customers complained loud & clear -- they did NOT like it one bit. I'm glad they complained. So this year, the music won't start till the day after Thanksgiving, like it should. Yeah!
I'm pretty excited - I just ordered a CD of Celtic Christmas Music last night!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-14-2006, 03:20 PM
I agree. When you start hearing Christmas nusic this early, when Christmas rolls around you're SO tired of listening to it!

That is very well said!!! I love X-mas music, but not NOW!! :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Meh, I was actually in a Christmass-y mood until yesterday, I might have enjoyed it.

But I agree, I don't want to be sick to death of Christmas music by the time Christmas is here. SO glad I don't work retail anymore.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-14-2006, 09:04 PM
I listen to Christmas music all year long. I had all my Christmas cards addressed before Halloween and I hope to have the majority of my shopping done before Thanksgiving. My Christmas tree and decorations have been up for a few days now too.

chocolatepuppy
11-15-2006, 04:59 AM
I like the Christmas music to start the day after Thanksgiving. ;)

Vette
11-15-2006, 05:22 AM
Hey its better then having to put up with country or rap music ;)