PDA

View Full Version : Need name for a Male Rat

king2005
11-13-2006, 03:00 PM
I have a male rat that I hand raised & hes the sweetest fella ever!!! Hes so gentle & just wants attention! He loves the 2yr old & she just loves him!

Hes all black, BUT with a twist (IMO anyway, as I've never seen it before).. the roots of many of his hairs are white.. he has a white hair or 2 on his belly (can hardly wee them) & one of his hands are white... but there is soooo little white you don't really notice it..

Now I need a cute name for him that a 2yr old can easly learn, but something I will enjoy calling him.

This will be her first critter that she gets to touch. I'm always holding him & I'm teaching her to be gentle. I did some tests with him to see how gentle/friendly he was.. I put my finger in his mouth & he did nothing.. I pulled his teeth, pulled a wisker, pulled his ear, pulled his fur, & pulled his paw.

Of course i would never dream of letting the kid do that to him!! But its the same kind of test I do with dogs & puppies, as a just incase. If the animal cannot handle a quick accidental pain/tug, then thats not the right critter, to teach a kid to behave with.

I Showed him to her yesterday. He was just laying on my lap & she was petting him.. She was pointing to different body parts asking what they were, so I was teaching her all his parts.. She poked his nose & asked, whats dat? I said thats his nose. She then gently grabed his eat & asked whats dat? I said thats his nose. She then gently picked him up & held him oddly.. you know 2 small hands around his belly & holding him out... He didn't even squirm or anything. I then asked her to put him down & she gently put him on my lap... She tried to hug him & I said no.. thats not how you hug a rat.. I got her to cross her arms & put him there & I said thats how you hug a rat.. She was happy to give him that kind of rat hug.

So thats his personality.. Any ideas for a name?

P.S. No she cannot get to him on her own. I live in the basement & shes banned from my room (locks, staires & baby gates).

Argranade
11-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Um .....

Cracker

Dylander

Sky

Latrudat

Ratroit

Lol.

Chilli
11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Aww! He sounds like such a squishy boy. =D
Too bad there isn't any pictures...
I'm horrible with names, as most everyone knows, but I've always liked names such as:
Flynn, Quinn, Andy... Dillon. Mason.
... but wait. I'm never around 2 year olds so I'm not sure whats easy for them to say! O:
Ah well.. good luck in naming your special boy!

Kalei
11-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi! It sounds like you have a wonderful pet rat! Such a happy cuddly guy! I've never had a rat before so I'm not sure what to name them, but I just had a choice between a female and male bunny and I got the female which is Kishii! If I got the male I was thinking of naming him either:

Eric or..

Yoru (It's japanese for evening)

I'm just obsessed with Eric from the Phantom of the Opera, that's why I chose that name lol. Just ignore me if they sound wierd haha. Yoru might be hard for a 2 yr old to say too.

Good luck with the name, I'm sure whatever you name it, it will love it's name!:)

I've Been Frosted

Sevaede
11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Riverstone, Thunder Claw, Mourning Glory

king2005
11-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Aww! He sounds like such a squishy boy. =D
Too bad there isn't any pictures...
I'm horrible with names, as most everyone knows, but I've always liked names such as:
Flynn, Quinn, Andy... Dillon. Mason.
... but wait. I'm never around 2 year olds so I'm not sure whats easy for them to say! O:
Ah well.. good luck in naming your special boy!

I like Quinn so far. It should be easy for her to pronounce as its small, as she has no problem saying Jess (actually thats what shes yelling 1/2 the time, shes stuck to me like glue). It also doesn't sound like anyone elses name, so if she starts yelling Quinn, then we'll know what shes yelling about lol

Suki Wingy
11-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Aww! That sounds so cute!
My little sister and cousin both called Niņo something like "EEo" I think Quinn might turn out "Kin" for a 2 year old.