PDA

View Full Version : Wilshire the dalmation on Dog Whisperer!

shais_mom
11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Zippy-kat was watching National Geographic Channel tonite and saw a preview for the Dog Whisperer. And tonite is the Wilshire Fire Department's dalmation. Those of us in California this summer met the firemen but not Wilshire.
soooo make sure you check it out!

http://www.larchmontchronicle.com/ArchiveDetail.asp?ArchiveID=647

gini
11-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Staci, thanks for posting this - the show comes on at 9 pm - in the east and the same time pacific zone.

slick
11-13-2006, 12:32 PM
I don't get that channel........yet!!! ;) For an extra $3.00 per month I can get any two extra channels that I want so I think I'll sign up for it along with BBC Canada.

I've missed too many good shows on the National Geographic Channel to not do this. I'm sad that I will miss this one....anyone want to tape it for me?? :p

Edit: Ha! I should have known. On top of the extra $3.00, they will charge me an extra $12.00 per month to rent this piece of hardware to attach to the TV so I can get chose channels.

I don't think so. :(

anna_66
11-13-2006, 01:12 PM
How very cool! I'll set the DVR right now:)

ramanth
11-13-2006, 01:33 PM
How neat! I saw the commercials for that all weekend. Had no clue it was our very own PT department. ;) :D

I'll be sure to set the VCR.

Cinder & Smoke
11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
:D

Here's a link to the National Geographic Channel web page
for the Dog Whisperer show tonight >>>

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/ET/popup/200611132100.html

I'll be at the FD tonight for drill - HOPE our cable gets that channel!

:D

Cincy'sMom
11-13-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm watching, but I forgot until about 9:10! I caught it in time to see most of Wilshire, but I'll set the DVR for the replay at midnight.

Cinder & Smoke
11-13-2006, 09:43 PM
:mad:

NUTZ!

NO National Geographic Channel out of the 60-some piped into the FD.
Grrrrrrrrr!

Soooo ... who made one of those "antique VCR TAPES" of the show?

;)

gini
11-14-2006, 09:29 AM
I had to attend a meeting last night so I barely got home in time to watch the show.

It is on a couple more times so I will try to record it (on a VCR).

Is Wilshire ever cute!!

shais_mom
11-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I got to see bits and pieces of Wilshire's segment. But I did record it on the DVR. I kept saying isn't he cute too Gini- course I was saying that about Wilshire AND the Firemen! ;) ;) :p:p

gini
11-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Captain Reyna is the fireman that I know from the Station. He did most of the talking on the show. He is the one I talked to at our Rotary meeting the day we honored the Fireman of the Year.

What is fun is that you can tell they just LOVE that dog! The way he was telling me all of the stories about Wilshire you could tell he was really into it.

He said that Cesar Millan put doughnuts all around Wilshire and that dog sat there and didn't touch ONE.

shais_mom
11-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't either! ;)
I never did see Captain Finn - there was one guy behind another one that I thought maybe was him but never showed his face.
We cracked up at the bit where he peed on the floor. Right after that they showed a fire call and my coworker thought they would show someone sliding on it!
Course the segment after Wilshire - I got to see most of it - Butch made Wilshire look like an ANGEL! w:eek:w

gini
11-14-2006, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't either! ;)
I never did see Captain Finn - there was one guy behind another one that I thought maybe was him but never showed his face.

That's because Captain Finn is with the other shift of 16 firemen. I think they came in the next day - and this shift had three/four days off.

Randi
11-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Not fair - I want to see that program too!! I CAN watch NG, but not sure it's the same they show here. :confused:

This is what's on tonight - tuesday:

18:00 Megabygninger = Megabuildings

19:00 Stormhistorier

19:30 Det vidste jeg ikke = I didn't know

20:00 Livets triumf

21:00 Den 11. september

22:00 Katastrofer

23:00 Jagt på jægeren = Hunt the hunter

00:00 Kriminalteknikere på sporet = Criminal tecs. on the track

03:00 Abernes verden = The world of monkeys

03:30 Forældreløse dyr = Animals with no parents

RICHARD
03-14-2008, 08:36 PM
I forgot to post this site. There was a rerun of the show today!
http://wilshirethefiredog.org/

Catty1
03-14-2008, 09:28 PM
They have videos one can play....maybe the different segments add up to the whole show for those who missed it or don't receive it in their area?

http://wilshirethefiredog.org/pages/multimedia.htm