PDA

View Full Version : dog dryers

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 07:51 AM
As you all know by now, I am adding a collie into my group. I dont have to use dryers for the Borzois, but will need one for the collie. Metro is great, but soooooo expensive.. Anyone have any ideas on other brands? The problem I am having is that I am finding lots of cheaper ones, but without being able to see the dryers in person, its hard to decide. I figured peoples own words on what they use with their own heavy coated dogs would help..

M&M's Mommy
11-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Ohh, I'll be checking back for an answer. Im also looking for a dryer for my ShihTzu.

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Its hard.. I mean soooooooo many on line but I am looking for a brand strong enough..

buttercup132
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Do you know HOW to use one on a Collie? If not done right their fur can become easily matted and tangled wich I'm sure you know is not very nice.

Wolfsould uses the sameon I do at work I'm not sure what it's called so maybe she can help.

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Do you know HOW to use one on a Collie? If not done right their fur can become easily matted and tangled wich I'm sure you know is not very nice.

Wolfsould uses the sameon I do at work I'm not sure what it's called so maybe she can help.
OF COURSE I DO... ROFL!!!!!!! how many champions have you had? ...

buttercup132
11-13-2006, 03:12 PM
OF COURSE I DO... ROFL!!!!!!! how many champions have you had? ...None I work at a dog groomers. I was just asking incase you didn't know.. no need to get snappy...

And last time I checked you dont need to have champions in order to know how to blow dry a type of dog properly.

And you have Borzois not Collies right now?

caseysmom
11-13-2006, 03:13 PM
OF COURSE I DO... ROFL!!!!!!! how many champions have you had? ...

Wow...that wasn't very nice.

wolf_Q
11-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I recently purchased this dryer http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/category.asp?categoryCode=6020& but it ended up being out of stock so I won't get it for 3-4 weeks. It doesn't show the price there, but when I ordered it, it was about $89, not bad for a metro dryer.

I wanted to get this one http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/productList.asp?categoryCode=2352&startItemCnt=1 that is the kind we use at work and it is very nice, but I just could not afford that much right now.

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Its rather silly question- I have had 19 champions at least... I am just trying to find a dryer that will be good enough, considering I havent had to have one for 8 years.
She has noooooooooooo idea what my previous married name was, and all I get is an answer that is condensending at best...
I have only been a copeland for 2 and half years... I dont understand her reason is questioning I know how to use one. I will just avoid both of your posts for now on. I never seem to get a real answer from either of you caseymom or buttercup ...

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 03:23 PM
I recently purchased this dryer http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/category.asp?categoryCode=6020& but it ended up being out of stock so I won't get it for 3-4 weeks. It doesn't show the price there, but when I ordered it, it was about $89, not bad for a metro dryer.

I wanted to get this one http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/productList.asp?categoryCode=2352&startItemCnt=1 that is the kind we use at work and it is very nice, but I just could not afford that much right now.
wow= both are nice- how are they for less noise? I had a metro for years but boy was it loud!!

buttercup132
11-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Its rather silly question- I have had 19 champions at least... I am just trying to find a dryer that will be good enough, considering I havent had to have one for 8 years.
She has noooooooooooo idea what my previous married name was, and all I get is an answer that is condensending at best...
I have only been a copeland for 2 and half years... I dont understand her reason is questioning I know how to use one. I will just avoid both of your posts for now on. I never seem to get a real answer from either of you caseymom or buttercup ...Apparently we were supposed to know that even though she has never said that.

wolf_Q
11-13-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't know about the first one, I have not received it yet. We had metro dryers in the shop at one point a few years ago, but I don't remember how loud they were.

The second one I use at work every day and it really is not too bad as far as noise goes. I usually put earplugs in when using them and sometimes I put cotton in Nebo's ears too, just because I don't want to listen to it.

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 03:34 PM
this guy is only 7 months old. I would have started him out early with a dryer. I am looking for low noise. Its hard with all the new ones on the market that I cant see as I live in a rural area... With my other collies, I had a metro 1500 I think. Wasnt loud but didnt do much either. It took a longgggggg time with the back brushing to get my collies dried.

luvofallhorses
11-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Wow...that wasn't very nice.

I agree. It was uncalled for. :rolleyes:

Freedom
11-13-2006, 03:49 PM
OKAY, borzoimom. For those of us who don't have a clue. WHY do you need a dryer for a collie? Unless you want show quality, I mean.

We had a collie when I was a kid. We bathed her in the sink in the cellar, all her life. In warm summers, we let her out and raced around until she was warm. In the winters, we used towels. Lots of arm work and towels.

Oh, maybe it is the arm work. I forgot about the surgery. Oops, sorry. I guess that is it?

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Apparently we were supposed to know that even though she has never said that. ] you never asked.. Just remember that- you dont know who you are talking too.. For all you know, I am a top akc judge....

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 03:58 PM
OKAY, borzoimom. For those of us who don't have a clue. WHY do you need a dryer for a collie? Unless you want show quality, I mean.

We had a collie when I was a kid. We bathed her in the sink in the cellar, all her life. In warm summers, we let her out and raced around until she was warm. In the winters, we used towels. Lots of arm work and towels.

Oh, maybe it is the arm work. I forgot about the surgery. Oops, sorry. I guess that is it?
Its to blow out the undercoat. Necessary for a young collie. The driers I had when I had my pet supply store were alllllll metro, but they were like 400 a piece and made alot of noise. I am looking for one that isnt as loud, but does enough for just one. I have a regular professional dryer for my borzois, but not enough to get that under coat out in a young collie. We dont have to back brush a borzoi..

wolfsoul
11-13-2006, 07:32 PM
We have a few different kinds of dryers at work -- I forget the name of the portable ones (the blue ones that buttercup also has). My favourite ones are the ones we have at the shop that hang from the roof -- very nice and powerful. We had two metros but got rid of both of them -- our dryers have 10X the power of those things -- the metros were frustrating beyond belief.

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I knew you could help me... the metros are sooooooooo noisy.. and this is a baby..

Husky_mom
11-14-2006, 06:59 PM

not trying to sound rude at all. but the reason she wants a dryer for her collie is something i donīt need to know, maybe for some of us it would be just an exentricity (sp?) or luxury when most can do fine with just towels, just liek some may say why would you want bows in your pups ears, for whatever they wnat IMO............ show quality, pet quiality, just being pretty.........whatever............

I have no experience in dryers but if i could i would get one, with my Huskies thereīs lots of undercoat to dry :P.............

and buttercup, Iīll pm you a little concern I have that might help

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 07:04 PM
not trying to sound rude at all. but the reason she wants a dryer for her collie is something i donīt need to know, maybe for some of us it would be just an exentricity (sp?) or luxury when most can do fine with just towels, just liek some may say why would you want bows in your pups ears, for whatever they wnat IMO............ show quality, pet quiality, just being pretty.........whatever............

I have no experience in dryers but if i could i would get one, with my Huskies thereīs lots of undercoat to dry :P.............

and buttercup, Iīll pm you a little concern I have that might help
Thank you husky- I am just trying to find a dryer that doesnt cost a arm and leg, doesnt get too hot, but blows well enough to dry the coat.
It snows here alllllllllll the time. The borzois dry quickly but a collie wont. I am just trying to get him going. Also here too, I will have alottttt of undercoat to dry, and getting the dead hair is best for the skin as well..

buttercup132
11-14-2006, 07:06 PM
OKAY, borzoimom. For those of us who don't have a clue. WHY do you need a dryer for a collie? Unless you want show quality, I mean. Its not just for show dogs...dogs who go to the groomers are blowdried with them and they are PETS. Its nessicary to blow any dogs coat.

I think most people DO know what the blow dryers are for.

.sarah
11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
] you never asked.. Just remember that- you dont know who you are talking too.. For all you know, I am a top akc judge....
Can you please drop your attitude that everyone needs to bow down to you?

borzoimom
11-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Its not just for show dogs...dogs who go to the groomers are blowdried with them and they are PETS. Its nessicary to blow any dogs coat.

I think most people DO know what the blow dryers are for.
exactly! Its good for coats and skin.. They have lots but I have to have something shipped verses being able to see them where I am at. I am hoping someone has a model number etc... But not make alot of noise as he is a puppy- I dont want him scared by it...

caseysmom
11-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Can you please drop your attitude that everyone needs to bow down to you?

I'll second that.