PDA

View Full Version : All of the sudden...

catnapper
11-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Allen has become quite the lover boy with me! He's always been loving with hubby and son, but never too interested in me.

When I spoke with the psychic, Nancy, a few months ago about Allen and his peeing, she suggested I spend more time giving him love and attention. I thought it sounded odd that Allen wanted it from *me* but I have been doing so and the big orangie has been an absolute dream! He sleeps either ON me or curled up next to me every night.... which is interesting because that's Abby's spot. So now those two rotate throughout the evening as to who is where :rolleyes:

Hubby was shocked the other night when he was on the couch watching tv.... Allen came up and took a nap on his lap! He's NEVER done that!!! :eek:

He's still peeing and pooping everywhere, so the loving hasn't helped that at all. I did get good results with the Cat Attract litter, except I ran out of money and can't afford to keep it up. :o

I sam just amazed at how much he's changed since I started loving on him more.... I always thought he was annoyed when I loved him.

Freedom
11-13-2006, 08:11 AM
What a wonderful surprise! Enjoy it!

And maybe over time, if he loves you more he will want to please you more?

BitsyNaceyDog
11-13-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm glad Allen is enjoying his special time with you. I'm sorry that he's still going potty out of his box.

We're having a similar experience in this house with my brown tabby, Oliver. Oliver has always been my baby, he loves and cuddles with me, but never with my husband. One of Oliver's favorite places to hang out is in Justin's office. The last few months Justin has been working from home almost everyday so Oliver has been spending a lot more time in the same room with him. Oliver used to never let Justin pet him, but more and more he's letting Justin pet him. This morning, for the first time EVER, Oliver laid in bed with Justin rather than with me.

Catty1
11-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Could you get a small bag of Cat Attract and mix a bit in with the regular?

I wonder what is IN the Cat Attract....might be easier to get some of the scent and spray it in!

How nice he is getting more cuddly!

catnapper
11-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Could you get a small bag of Cat Attract and mix a bit in with the regular?
I'm ahead of you on that one - I already tried it and it failed. Oh well.

Catty1
11-13-2006, 09:26 AM
LOL! Well, do you still have the bag? What's IN that stuff??? Ya gotta wonder!

Maybe spray Tuna Extract into the box??? ;)

catmandu
11-13-2006, 09:29 AM
I have never herad of Cat Attract.
Is it a special kind of litter?
Thats great that you and Allen are making a Love Connection, as Orangies are a very special breed of Cat.And Allens such a Great Cat.

kimlovescats
11-13-2006, 10:52 AM
That's wonderful that Allen is enjoying some extra attention!!!! Give him some from me too, please! ;)

I feel your pain on the potty issues! I awoke to a big stinky pile of poop and a large pee pee spot outside my bedroom door this morning! :eek: :rolleyes: I am pretty sure it was Sammy, as Boots has been hanging out by the litterbox, and hissing at whoever comes along! :confused: Needless to say, Boots has been sent back upstairs.

orangemm
11-13-2006, 04:29 PM
See what a little loving will do? that is definitely good news!!

I'd love it if my boys slept with me every night; love those warm furry bodies.

Keep it up!!

rg_girlca
11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
AWWWWW Don't you just love it when stuff like that happens. :D

I get so relaxed when I have 1 or 2 of my boys laying on me or against me.

krazyaboutkatz
11-14-2006, 11:38 AM
That's great that Allen has become such a love bug towards you.:) My Sunny boy has also been craving my attention and has become much more loving too. I just thought it was due to the colder weather.:)

I hope that Allen's pooping and peeing issues will stop soon. Good luck.:)