PDA

View Full Version : How to fix my phone cord..

wolfsoul
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Do any of you know how I can fix a broken phone charger cord? I peeled off the rubber coating and twisted the wires together but that didn't work. My friend told me I have to put it under a flame so they can melt together -- and I've seen him do it before in video game cords and it has worked -- but if I could leave fire out of it, that would be great lol.

Any tricks?

BitsyNaceyDog
11-13-2006, 07:44 AM
I don't know. I'd just buy a new charger.

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 08:36 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hand it to my husband- he can fix it.. lol.. But he is at work now.. But I will ask him when he gets home if he has any ideas.

wolfsoul
11-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I fixed it, then decided to fiddle around with it some more and broke it again LOL.

I can't get a new one -- the place is closed Saturday to Monday fpr Rememberance Day. Will have to wait until tomorrow. :( Darn, I had some important calls coming in this weekend and it's my only phone.

caseysmom
11-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Do you have a target nearby? They have compatible chargers for most phones.

wolfsoul
11-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Nope, no Target here -- I don't believe we have them anywhere in Canada? :confused:

I'll take a visit to the mall later -- perhaps they are open today (though I can't tell because I can't call them :rolleyes: ).

slick
11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Jordan, everything should be open up there....I know it is down here (well, except maybe for the "Mom and Pop" stores. The only businesses that are closed for the stat today are banks and liquor stores. I know the bigger ones like Wal Mart, Safeway and all other grocery stores are open today. Which is sort of good. I remember when all businesses used to be closed on a stat holiday. Now, the only two they respect are Easter and Christmas Day.

Edit: I just called London Drugs to fill some prescriptions and every they are open today. You can certainly find a charger there. Good luck.

sheila03280
11-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I am with Borzoi, hand it to my husband, lol. I know he has done it many times exactly like you said you did. I can't imagine why it won't work, maybe try again. For a better connection.

Your pups are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! I would love to hug them. :)