PDA

View Full Version : And MY dumb question...cat clippers

Catty1
11-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Okay. I wound up with a pair of REAL cat nail clippers, and can't for the life of me figure out which part goes where.

Easy enough to see where the claw ITSELF goes in - but at what angle???

Thanks for any help you can give.

C

jenluckenbach
11-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Can you show us what they look like?

Catty1
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Wow...I finally read Tale of Two Cities for the first time in my life, and find out these clippers are called Guillotine. LOL

http://www.cat-alog.com/grooming/safariguillotinenailtrimmer.jpg

slleipnir
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM
http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/clientEd/images/dog_nails/trimmers_labled.JPG

I don't know if that would help any? I don't know the exact angle? I've never used them before

Catty1
11-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Well...it answered some questions...but are the cat and I looking at the respective sides downwards or straight at it?

I'll figure it out. Asked Oscar and Cole who wants to be first to volunteer!

Has been REALLY quiet here since then! :)

catmandu
11-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I just hold the Cat, and do a bit at a time, before the beast awakens in them, and they get angry.
I am not sure what angle I use!

jenluckenbach
11-12-2006, 05:43 PM
OK, I do not use this type, but lets see if I can explain.

Hold the non-moving handle against your palm and the moving handle against your fingers. Got that?

Place the toenail in the "hole" and squeeze just enough to see where the blade will hit the nail (to make sure it isn't going to be cutting too close to the quick).

If positioned correctly, finish the squeeze to clip the nail.

Freedom
11-12-2006, 07:00 PM
OK, once you figure it out, let us know what you think?

What have you been using?

I started with one cat and used a pair of First Born nail clippers for human babies. That was a bit rough cut, but what did I know? Never owned a cat before.

Now I have a pair of cat nail scissors, and they seem to work fine for me. But as I keep adding cats and have to do more trimming, I like to keep up with what is available.

I looked at that web site posted by slleipnir, and boy, I can see why you call the clippers the guillotine!