PDA

View Full Version : lens scratch repair?

wolfsoul
11-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Unfortunatly my puppy got a hold of my glasses lastnight. :( The cat I'm catsitting needs to be in the puppy's crate because she pees on everything,so the puppy is loose -- guess my cat knocked my glasses off the computer and the pup got a hold of them. :(

I'm not extremely worried about thje frames, but the lenses --- they are completely scratched up, I'm having a hard time seeing anything. I always hear about these liquid lens repair kits and such -- do they actually work? My glasses cost $400, and I only got them a few months ago. I really can't afford more. :( Can you buy these kits in the store? I don't have a credit card so I can't buy anything off the internet.

I'm having a pretty bad day. First this, and then I go into my bathroom and see that my rat cage is covered in blood. I guess my rat's bumblefoot opened up and drained blood everywhere. I will have to put him to sleep this week I think. :( My little Oliver.

borzoimom
11-12-2006, 12:20 PM
I had a puppy get mine once and the glass place was able to salvage the lenses. Also- if you had accdient insurance on them, they will replace them for free.
That new stuff you put on the lense that repairs scratches works. My daughter has done hers several times.

wolfsoul
11-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks for replying, I will take them to my optometrist and see if I had accident insurance. If not I will just see if they can fix them for me. They are pretty bad...:( I hope they can be fixed.