PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Says Hello!

Purr-tender
11-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Hello eveyone, I'm new to the forum, but not to Pet of the Day. My morning ritual always includes checking out the new Cat of the Day. I wanted to join the forum to be able to share my love of animals, especially cats, with people who understand and feel the same way.

RedHedd
11-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Great! Welcome to Pet Talk! You will love it here, but you must be warned that it IS addictive!

Purr-tender
11-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi Red,

Ok, I've seen a lot of people that have been "frosted" what is that?

GreyhoundGirl
11-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Welcome to PT !

jazzcat
11-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Hello and welcome to PT! Are you owned by cats? I have 5 cats and two "foster" kittens who may become regular residents.

CultureJunky
11-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi Purr-tender, welcome to Pet Talk, I checked cat of the day for months before I joined the forum. You'll love it here, it's just cats cats cats, and what more could a cat lover want! :cool:
I've been frosted is a message that's been going around to people's private message boxes, and then when you've recieved the message from somebody you put I've been frosted in your signature. it's just a bit of fun

Can't wait to see your pictures of your cats/pets, I have two cats Jack & Sunny who you can see in my signature. I love them to bits :)

Freedom
11-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Welcome. Purr-Tender, nice choice of screen name! Tell us about the kits that own you!

CatLuvrs
11-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello Purr-tender I am owned by a 1 year old cat Myles and a 3 month old doxies Bailey. IT is great here I hope you enjoy

jenluckenbach
11-12-2006, 12:13 PM
WELCOME!

So glad that you've joined us. Tell us about your kitties.

I have the 17 fur faces as seen in my siggy, but I also have 7 foster cats and 2 tiny foster baby cats.

("I've been frosted" is just a game where each person passes it on to another pperson....etc.)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Welcome to this forum!!

Purr-tender
11-12-2006, 01:18 PM
I am the proud momma of Binky, my black poodle, my cats: Big Mo, Callie, Stitches, Rudy, Lily aka Momma, Lily's babies: Emmy Lou, Squeak, and Punkin Puss; Pluto the albino frog and his aquarium buddies, Pinkie(Pink Kisser 5") and Spike(pleco 6"). Big Mo is a hefty 25 lbs. and is actually the only cat that I adopted, the rest adopted me. When I figure out how to add photos I'll show them to you.

kimlovescats
11-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place! I hope we will get to meet your kitties soon! ;)

Kim

Karen
11-12-2006, 01:47 PM
There a good tutorial for posting pictures here! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7406)

Felicia's Mom
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi and welcome to Pet Talk! :)

momcat
11-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi and welcome to Pet Talk! So happy to have you with us. When it comes to cats, this is definitely the place to be. There are several folks here who are extremely knowledegable about cats. With the exception of a good vet, the best advice you'll ever find is right here. Oh, be prepared to fall in love over and over again. Pictures are mandatory here, all PT kitties are special and absolutely adorable... then there are the babies! I'm owned by 5 year old Groucho and hope to post a few pictures of him later.
Looking forward to seeing your sweeties and hearing from you again very soon. Enjoy the experience!

catmandu
11-12-2006, 05:21 PM
As a Veteran Pet Talker and Cat Guardian, I The Found Cats, Porch Cats and All Our Pet Angel Companions want to welcome you to Pet Talk, and we are hoping to see All Your Friends very soon.
We All know that you will love it here with people who truly love and appreciate thier Companions.

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi and welcome to PT!!!:) I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about your furkids.:) You'll love it here.:D

Freedom
11-12-2006, 06:51 PM
If I counted right, you have 8 cats. Welcome, you BELONG here, ha ha ha!

At some point, let us know how the poodle gets along with the clowder? Who arrived first, cats or dog, what was the transition like?

I have 7 cats. Always planning to stop; no more, no more. Ha, something always comes up for an exception to be made. I finally stopped and decided to foster. That is how I got #7. my first and only foster cat. I could never give her up, after a short half hour!

rg_girlca
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi Purr-tender, a Big Hearty WELCOME to Pet Talk.

Sounds like you have a wonderful crew there and I can't wait to see pictures of them and hear more about you. :D

catfamily
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi,I'm Carla married to Mike with a lot of cats that we got from either a shelter or from a girl I know who traps homeless cats/or kittens.That's all we do is care for our cats.Mike is retired and I stopped working from health problems, so we're home 24/7 to take great care of our cats.Welcome to PT. :)

Purr-tender
11-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks everyone for such a warm but "Frosty" ;) welcome! I'm working on getting pics of my crew together to show off to you. My rotten little one, Emmie Lou, is trying to help. Her and her three brothers turned 6 mos. old today. I'll tell you all about them soon.