PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Have A Dog!!!

Aspen and Misty
06-10-2002, 12:13 PM
We went to the pound this morning to pick up my puppy! OMG is he cute! He is an australian shepard mixed with a west highland terrior. I cna't get over how cute he is! To have a dog of my own has been my dream since..I was born! Well atleast as long as I can remebr. But, anyways. I would like some helpfull hints from you guys on what I should do or shouldn't do. And we also are still nameing HIm so if you could please give me your fav. male dog names. Thank you so much!

Ash

Barbiro
06-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Just give him a lot of love, can't go wrong there. As to the name, it all depends on the dog. I always just stare at them really good and a name usually pops up in my mind. Do you have a picture?

mugsy
06-10-2002, 12:53 PM
I can't wait to see pictures!! How about Chauncey!! lol For some reason that's the name that jumped into my head...we don't even have one named Chauncey...or how about Sir Duke...keeping with the British theme, even though Aussies come from the U.S. hehehee

Aspen and Misty
06-10-2002, 12:57 PM
I was thinking Alexander- Zander for short. Or Tucker. He looks like both. I don't know. He is sleeping.. I wanna go wake him up. But he needs his sleep

mugsy
06-10-2002, 01:07 PM
I like Zander better, but Tucker is cute too.

pupper-lover
06-10-2002, 01:11 PM
I think your idea of Zander is cute! I've never meet a Zander before, but the name name is not too weird or un-pronouncable. If he's Zander to you, he's Zander.:)

manda99
06-10-2002, 01:32 PM
I like Zander, too!

wolf_Q
06-10-2002, 02:31 PM
That's great! I can't wait to see pics of that pup! That is a very unique dog mix! It's hard to say what name until I see what he looks like....but I like that Zander name....unique name for a unique doggy. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Congrats on the new puppy! How exciting it must be for you!

Zander sounds like a great name! I am sure you and your puppy will be bestest friends in no time!

Pictures, please!

slleipnir
06-10-2002, 02:47 PM
Congrats!! Can't wait for the pics! hehe! Zander is such a cute name :]

Aspen and Misty
06-10-2002, 02:58 PM
He is to loyal. LOL. Is that possible? When I'm not in the room he crys till I come back. He also has to sleep RIGHT next to me all the time! He follows me everywhere. He is so much fun! Well gtg he is tryign to escape!

Cincy'sMom
06-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Congrats on the new puppy!! Can't wait to see pics!

Aspen and Misty
06-11-2002, 09:33 AM
I need help. I don't know what to do. My puppy will bit our feet and fingers and we tekll him no and give him his toys but he juts goes and do it again. So what do I do? Can anyone help me?

ramanth
06-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Keep with the "NO!" Eventually your puppy will get the hint.

Also, if you like try this spray. It's like Bitter Apple and I can't remember the exact name of the product. I would spray a little on my fingers and toes when my grandma's new puppy nipped at me.

After getting that bitter apple taste in her mouth, she realized that was no fun. :)

You may have to try it a few times for it to work and just remember not to lick your own fingers. :eek:

I of course did lick mine. :rolleyes:

LOL!

Congrats on the new puppy and good luck!!

delidog
06-11-2002, 09:27 PM
can't wait for pictures of the new pup!!!!!
give lots of love,food,vitamins,walkies,playtime,balanced with a little correct discipline......
you're dear aspen will be looking after you and him......

Logan
06-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Congratulations on the new addition!! :) Nothing is better than a puppy!!! :D As for the biting, do what you're doing. Say "no" and give him a good toy to bite on. He's probably teething, and it is not unusual for puppies to bite. Praise him like crazy when he does the right thing. He'll get it sooner or later. I promise, they do outgrow that bitey thing!! :D