PDA

View Full Version : I adopted 3 cats yesterday (pic's)

catfamily
11-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Here's Harry
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/updatedharry.jpg
Here's Mac
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/updatedmac.jpg
And here's Mia
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/mialightenedbykim.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
11-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow!!! Congrats on your 3 new additions!!!:D They sure are goregous and I hope that they'll get along well with all of your other furkids.:)

Did Mia just have a bath? She looks a little bit wet.

Can you tell us a little more about them?

Husky15
11-11-2006, 12:36 PM
My goodness they are beautiful! I'm so happy for you and I know they're gonna love their new home!

Can you tell us a little more about them?

Yes definitely! I'd love to hear more about the cuties as well. :)

kimlovescats
11-11-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm so happy for them and you both!!!! WELCOME 3 new PT babies!!!

Hugs,
Kim ;)

Freedom
11-11-2006, 12:46 PM
What nice kitties! Where did you adopt them from? How many do you have now? Tell, TELL!

catfamily
11-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Harry was found as a stray(lost,or just neglected.).With tons of earmites.He gets along with cats and people just fine.
Mac is wonderful also found as a stray but was not neutured so the shelter neutured him.He has heart problems and about 4 years old.He's great with people and cats also.
Mia(I named)was brought in the day before so she wasn't named yet.She was found by a landlord with other animals left behind when his tennents took off without their pets.She's about 8-10 years old.very dirty.Needs a bath but I want to wait.She's skin and bones.I'll need to check her blood at the vets in case of kidney failure.But I gave her pedialyte and she seemed better.She is in the mudroom.(I may sleep in the mudroom with her.there's a futon there.)
The other 2 are snuggling together in the upstairs bathroom for now.Till they all get use to everything :)

Grace
11-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Those poor babies - now they are set for life with you and Mike. What is your grand total now? Could you line them up in a row and take a picture?

catfamily
11-11-2006, 01:33 PM
I may some day line them all up for a picture but then everyone would know how many I had. :D :D :D
OK...I'll try to get them all in a siggy someday.
Just know that they are all well cared for in a clean home with fresh clean water, quality food and regular visits to the vet.It doesn't matter how many I have.
It DOES matter if I can care for them.And me and Mike can...so that's Great for them :)

rg_girlca
11-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh Carla, what a big heart you and Mike have. Bless you for taking on 3 more kitties to love and care for. They are all so adorable. :)

:mad: At those B@#$*&%'s who left those cats behind.

catfamily
11-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh Carla, what a big heart you and Mike have. Bless you for taking on 3 more kitties to love and care for. They are all so adorable. :)

:mad: At those B@#$*&%'s who left those cats behind.
Lorraine that cracked me up.The:
B@#*$&%'s (well put!)
I think I'm going crazy!I feel so bad for all those cats at a shelter...especially having to listen to that awful dog barking 24/7.I went crazy listening to the dog barking just being there for the day.
Poor cats.Their ears are so sensitive.

kimlovescats
11-11-2006, 01:57 PM
I may some day line them all up for a picture but then everyone would know how many I had. :D :D :D
Just know that they are all well cared for in a clean home with fresh clean water, quality food and regular visits to the vet.It doesn't matter how many I have.
It DOES matter if I can care for them.And me and Mike can...so that's Great for them :)

I couldn't have said it better!!! That's how I feel too! Just being in a loving home with shelter, food and water alone is better than most of these kitties would have ever had! :(

jenluckenbach
11-11-2006, 02:24 PM
WOW! You don't do anything small time, do you??! 3 at once (4 at once the last time). But they sure are gorgeous and they are VERY lucky!!

Congratulations.

my guess is that you are up to 25 kitties ;) ;) (am I close?)

catfamily
11-11-2006, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=jenluckenbach]WOW! You don't do anything small time, do you??! 3 at once (4 at once the last time). But they sure are gorgeous and they are VERY lucky!!

Congratulations.

my guess is that you are up to 25 kitties ;) ;) (am I close?)[/QUOTE
Under 20.And keeping it that way. :confused:

jenluckenbach
11-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Under 20. And keeping it that way.

Well then you only have a "handful". ;) :D

Grace
11-11-2006, 03:48 PM

Oh I know they are loved and well cared for - there was never any doubt in my mind about that. I was simply curious what your grand total is, and wondered if they would all fit in a picture ;)

Prairie Purrs
11-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Three wonderful (and lucky) kitties! And look at Harry's face--he looks quite pleased with himself for managing to find such an excellent home! :D

catfamily
11-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Oh I know they are loved and well cared for - there was never any doubt in my mind about that. I was simply curious what your grand total is, and wondered if they would all fit in a picture ;)
Oh I know that Grace.I'm just toying with everyone.And having fun at it :D :D
I'm going to make everyone wait for the magic number when I get all my PERFECT pictures in order for someone to put together for me for a siggy.
I'm not that bashful about how many cats I have.I like to tease though.
And Mike loved your post about lining them all up for a picture.He laughed so hard thinking of getting them all ready for their picture.Like school boys and girls :D

Uabassoon
11-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Congrats on your three new additions! They are all beautiful :D

jazzcat
11-11-2006, 04:50 PM
They are gorgeous Carla and very lucky to have been picked by you and Mike.

Congratuations!

orangemm
11-11-2006, 05:05 PM
How wonderful, Carla, for you and Mike to bring these homeless ones into your home. It brings tears to my eyes when I look at them and think about what they went through before you, the angel, came and swooped them up and took them to their furrever home!

They all look happy to be there!

Let's hope those heartless people get a good dose of the same medicine someday. How could ANYONE do that???? :mad: :eek:

CultureJunky
11-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Congrats on your new additions :) They are all lovely, I am especially taken with Harry! What a handsome dude he is. Bless you for taking in these needy furkids ;)

catfamily
11-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Congrats on your new additions :) They are all lovely, I am especially taken with Harry! What a handsome dude he is. Bless you for taking in these needy furkids ;)
Did You Say DUDE???LOL :D
Wow...the only other orange cat we had was named Dude...we got Harry because we miss Dude.
Too funny! :D :D
Here is Dude...he died at 19 years old
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/dudedownsized.jpg

Donnaj4962
11-11-2006, 05:30 PM
WOW! Carla.... each of your newbies is gorgeous! What wonderful pictures! How lucky for each of them that you and your husband are so kind and caring!

catmandu
11-11-2006, 05:51 PM
I understand exactly what you mean Carla.
My Cats are all happy, they have regular Vet Care and are not bothering anyone.
And then someone calls in the SPCA to be spiteful.
And tries to spread lies about the Hotel.
But I passed the test, and things are fine.
Theres a Black Stray The Tubster whos getting close, and I think the Tubbies have been talking to him.
Congratulations on the New Arrival, they have just had thier Gotcha Day in Paradise!!!!
We hope that Mia will be able to recover from her ordeal.