PDA

View Full Version : 60 Puppies die in vehicle crash

Sevaede
11-11-2006, 02:58 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14360161/

Poor puppies. :(

BC_MoM
11-11-2006, 03:08 AM
Ugh. What an uneccessary death. These puppies wouldn't have been killed if it weren't for pet stores. Puppies are transferred in trailers?? I wonder how many normally die on their way to pet stores........

Sevaede
11-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Ugh. What an uneccessary death. These puppies wouldn't have been killed if it weren't for pet stores. Puppies are transferred in trailers?? I wonder how many normally die on their way to pet stores........

You echoed the thoughts in my mind!

I was discussing that (transporting puppies to pet stores) with my mom not too long ago. She was saying that because of the horrendous conditions in a lot of mills that a lot of them die because of diseases they are already carry, or have caught from other pups, heat, etc. It is so sad and I mourn for these animals that this happens to (as well as the parents subjected to mass, unethical, overbreeding). :(

GreyhoundGirl
11-11-2006, 05:59 AM
:( :( :(

I agree that it was unnessesairy, and is all to blame on pet store/puppymills. However, I'm not as angry at this case as some of the other intentional ones, like the abuse ones. But it still wouldn't of happened if it weren't for Puppy Mills. :(

buttercup132
11-11-2006, 07:46 AM
“The puppies were all beautiful, healthy purebreds that were on their way to quality retailers in the northeast and eventually to loving New England families,” What a load of s**t and everyone knows it.

If irresponsible people didn't breed their dogs this would have never happended.

Argranade
11-11-2006, 08:37 AM
That's so sad. :(

pitc9
11-11-2006, 08:50 AM
RIP Sweet Puppy Mill puppies... :(

IRescue452
11-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Lots of puppies die on the way to pet stores. If they survive the puppy mills, they are loaded up in trailers and semi-trucks. If its too hot or too cold, they die on the way. It liks being in the cargo bin of an airplane. I'm surprised they even had a fan at all. Every truck that pulls into the pet store usually has a handful of DOA puppies.

Sevaede
11-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Lots of puppies die on the way to pet stores. If they survive the puppy mills, they are loaded up in trailers and semi-trucks. If its too hot or too cold, they die on the way. It liks being in the cargo bin of an airplane. I'm surprised they even had a fan at all. Every truck that pulls into the pet store usually has a handful of DOA puppies.

I know this.

:confused:

WolvesRawk
11-12-2006, 12:10 AM
RIP, sweetie. This is so sad. Words can't even describe how much I hate things like those stupid mills and pet stores, not to mentin the prats who buy them.

Argranade
11-12-2006, 08:39 AM
RIP, sweetie. This is so sad. Words can't even describe how much I hate things like those stupid mills and pet stores, not to mentin the prats who buy them.

What would happen to the puppies if people did not buy them?

caseysmom
11-12-2006, 10:17 AM
IF everyone quit buying them they would quit the whole cycle.

IRescue452
11-12-2006, 10:19 AM
-Their diseases would catch up to them in the store rather than at people's houses, purchased or not, many die anyway
-The store would offer discounts, give them away, or bring them to a shelter
-The store would not need anymore puppies from the supplier
-The supplier would cancel orders
-The puppy mill would go out of business (we all hope)

signorelli21
11-13-2006, 05:12 AM
omg , do a google on hunte corp.

i live in missouri so this really makes me sick/angry

this is the first thing that came up when i searched hunte corp

http://www.petstorecruelty.org/Hunte%20Corp.htm

a thought just occured to me, why is it that all these activists are so dead set on torching research labs for using animals in experiments, but they never touch puppy mills, which are unguarded and cause way more harm?

http://animalliberationfront.com/index.html

elizabethann
11-13-2006, 07:30 AM
I looked at the name of the town and said "not again". Then I looked at the date. It's from August (so I'm glad this isn't a repeat of what happened back then).

I remember when that happened. It was all over the news. It was very sad. :(

RIP poor puppies.