PDA

View Full Version : I came thisclose. . .

davidpizzica
11-10-2006, 08:19 PM
to redesigning the front end of my Colbalt! Tonight I was going out and I was driving down the road and a DEER jumped out in front of me! Thank goodness for good brakes. The deer looked at me as if to say, "What are you doing on MY road?!" All I can say is I'm glad I missed him!

moosmom
11-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm glad I missed him!

So am I, honey!! ;)

Karen
11-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Whew! Thank goodness for good brakes!

kimlovescats
11-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Thank God you were able to stop! Lots of fatalities from hitting deer!!! :eek: I'm glad you are OK, David!!! ;)

Lori Jordan
11-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Thank goodness you are ok back in 99,I hit a Deer,Lets just say i rode my truck off.

borzoimom
11-11-2006, 08:30 AM
WHEW!!!
I will tell you the people around here use those whistle things on your car and they work. The reason is the deer have nooooooooooooo clue you are going as fast as you are. They also expect you to change your path, and they are watching you to see which way you are coming at them.. The whistle thingees let the deer know just how fast you are moving.
I hit a deer once- luckily no one was in the passenger seat in the front as he hit the windsheild. I have had these whistles for years now- and even with allllllllll our wildlife- havent hit one since ( knock on wood.. lol)

Felicia's Mom
11-11-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm glad the deer, your car and you are OK. :eek:

RedHedd
11-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Whew! Scary! I'm glad all of you (car, deer, you) got out of that unscathed.

JenBKR
11-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Whew! How scary! It's that time of year, gotta be extra careful. I hit a deer once, years ago. Such a scary experience, glad you're ok!

davidpizzica
11-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Whew! How scary! It's that time of year, gotta be extra careful. I hit a deer once, years ago. Such a scary experience, glad you're ok!
Jen, I'm glad I have a new car with very good brakes and I'm sure that deer was thinking the same thing! However a few years ago I DID hit a deer and he did a number to the front end (not the same car). I believe I injured it and it ran off. Jen, you're SO right, you have to be very careful this time of year!