PDA

View Full Version : new borns

slleipnir
06-10-2002, 08:49 AM
This probably doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I thought I'd post anyway. I just finished my writing work for the yr and have to ocupy my time somehow ;D lol.

Has anyone ever seen a cat having a c-section? When I was at the Vet clinics last year for the co-op program, I got to see one, and it was interesting! This cat had came in and it had given birth to 2 kittens (which where there, 1 day old!) and 2-3 (what they thought) still in the mother. They needed to take them out. The little kittens where so adorabe! I don't think I've ever seen a new born kitty before :]

Anyway, I got to watch as they took the kittens out of the mother, the 1st one was fine, I had to hold her and kinda rub her with a towel as they took out the 2nd kitten. The 2nd one wasn't so lucky :[ he had a broken arm (it was all bent out) and he either was already dead, or he died later. It was sad. It was a neat experience though, I definitly saw amazing things there :D

06-10-2002, 10:06 AM
I envy you Slleipneir !!!! Most be an enormous experience !! I still remember me as a 8-year old girl , watching my pet-cat giving birth to 2 kittens !!! :)
http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

slleipnir
06-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it was a great experiance, I saw a lot of amazing things I most likely wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to have..at my age anyway. Vets around here usually don't hire anyone unless your intraining, or experianced.

lut: your kittys are so adorable!

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2002, 12:39 AM
I also remember seeing my cat giving birth to six kittens. I was about 8-9 years old at the time. It was a very educational experience for me. I've also seen this on t.v. but it's just so different seeing it in person.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-11-2002, 12:47 AM
There is a show on Animal Planet called That's my Baby....
That is the sweetest show... where they show the momma through her pregnancy till birth...
I watched one where a cat gave birth to three babies... IT WAS SOOOO SWEET!!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2002, 11:19 AM
I also saw that show. They had it on Mother's Day. They kept running back to back episodes of it all day. I really enjoyed it.

slleipnir
06-13-2002, 05:44 PM
Sounds interesting :D