PDA

View Full Version : Tx Women Killed Her 2 Girls & Served Only

lvpets2002
11-10-2006, 09:07 AM
:( I am realy upset about this & would like some others feed back.. Tx Women Killed Her Two Girls Three Years Ago {due to heard voices telling her too} and Is Already Out Of the Mental Institute After Only Three Years Served.. Now She Is to Report Every Day or Week to A Doctor & ect.. Please Help Me Understand.. :confused:

Pawsitive Thinking
11-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Some things can never be understood

JenBKR
11-10-2006, 09:17 AM
I remember that case - I'd say not nearly enough time served. What really surprises me is that this happened in Texas......that state is usually hardest on crime, especially murder.

lvpets2002
11-10-2006, 09:21 AM
For Real & we already sentenced one women to death & Andrea Yates & another women is serving Life & Susan Smith is still serving: to that why this case is so confusing..

ramanth
11-10-2006, 10:43 AM
She should of served more years.

The town I live in, a woman murdered her adopted son, had her husband dispose of the body, they then called police claiming he ran away. Our town searched for him for months. Then police started to suspect things weren't quite right. The husband confessed and led police to Ricky's body, 6 months after they claimed he ran away.

At least she'll likely get life in prison.

Lisa Holland, who has been convicted of first-degree felony murder and first-degree child abuse, is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 28 to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

A sentencing hearing for Tim Holland, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, is scheduled for Nov. 15.

:(

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006611060333

Catty1
11-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Without knowing all the stories, I would say that a distinction was made between 1) plain nasty premeditated murder 2) Mental illness, where no recovery or any sense of remorse[let alone admission of guilt] was seen, or 3) Mental illness, where remorse was expressed, and person/patient is recovering well.

I think one of those deserves a chance.

JMO

Twisterdog
11-14-2006, 01:01 AM
They probably needed more cells empty in the prison for meth users and dealers. :rolleyes:

Scary legal system we have. Truly.

Husky15
11-14-2006, 11:04 AM
If someone is as mentally ill as to hear voices in their head, and goes as far as to kill their children [or anyone at that matter], then they should serve life in a mental institution, or prison. Personally, I think that murder should be met with the death sentence.

But I think that lots of people claim that they have a mental illness and were hearing voices just so that they will get off easier. If it is proven that they are mentally ill, then I think that they should spend lots of time in a mental institution and get help.