PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Pet Talk Meeting

mugsy
06-10-2002, 08:44 AM
I'm taking the poll to see when most people can be here. That I have no clue to post a poll, I'm trying, but if it doesn't turn out, will someone help me??? These are the weekends that I came up with, make your choice:

1. July 13
2. July 20
3. July 27
4. August 3
5. August 10
6. August 31

If none of those work, we could go into September. Let me know.

slleipnir
06-10-2002, 08:55 AM
Hey, why not come to Canada next time?! lol j/k ;D Have fun everyone!

ramanth
06-10-2002, 08:56 AM
I'll check my calander and with Andy and get back to you on this. :D

Karen
06-10-2002, 09:39 AM
I will let other midwest folks post choices before I kick in! ;)

Corinna
06-10-2002, 10:10 AM
What area are you considering mid west?

mugsy
06-10-2002, 10:54 AM
We kind of decided on Fort Wayne, IN because Mike and I have 14 dogs and can't travel with all of them. It's kind of a trip from Montana, but we would love to have you. Once we decide on things I will get the pet friendly motels and good stuff like that.

pupper-lover
06-10-2002, 11:13 AM
Sorry, I'm a newby . . .

What is this meeting and what constitutes for the midwest?

mugsy
06-10-2002, 11:23 AM
No problem P-L. We are trying to pick a date where everyone can meet here in Fort Wayne, IN for a day at the dog park and lunch and all that good stuff. EVERYONE is welcome, if they want to make the trip. We just need to pick a date so I can get everything arranged. I hope you can come!!

wolflady
06-10-2002, 12:28 PM
I'll actually be in Indiana around the week of Aug 19-25...the days may vary depending on what flight I can get at a reasonable price. I'm coming for a wedding, and if time allows...a mini pet talk meeting! LOL :)

manda99
06-10-2002, 12:33 PM
My boyfriend, Smokey and I will be driving home from MI on the 13th... How far is Ft. Wayne from Southwest Michigan?

mugsy
06-10-2002, 12:34 PM
I just didn't put those 2 weekends in August because we go back to school on the 19th, but if that weekend works for everyone else, that's fine...the kids can do without!! lol

mugsy
06-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Manda, it depends on where you are...Ft Wayne is in Northeastern Indiana. We are about 2.5 hours from Gary and that area and about 2 hours from South Bend/Niles, MI area. Where is it that you're coming from??

manda99
06-10-2002, 12:45 PM
About 45 minutes north of South Bend - South Haven, MI.

Hmmm... if it works out that for that day maybe we can make a small detour. I mean, what are the chances of me really meeting those in your House O' Fun (and all the others) other than it randomly working out that day? Probably slim to none...

So, I vote the 13th :)

AdoreMyDogs
06-10-2002, 12:46 PM
I may be able to do either late Aug or early Sept, depending on when the house purchase finally happens. I am 85% sure I can do a meeting in late August or early Sept. but for sure could not do any sooner.

I will for sure bring Graham and I would like to bring Kersey as well but we'll see how she is with her car sickness. As for pet friendly hotels, if they have a pet limit (only one dog per room) I would need someone to babysit either Graham or Kersey if I do end up bringing both dogs, the same thing that Aly did at the TX meeting.

Cincy'sMom
06-10-2002, 03:54 PM
I didn't vote for any date yet...I'll have to check with Ralph. I can tell you know thought that July 27, Aug 3 and Aug 10 are out for us. After the the 10th I think would be best for us, trip to florida and my best friend's wedding over and done with.

wolf_Q
06-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Well it sounds like fun, but there's no way I could get to Indiana. And if I was going to drive anywhere, I'd be Ohio--so I could meet Rachel, Anna, and Rosie! :)

mugsy
06-10-2002, 07:09 PM
Well, depending on where in Ohio, Fort Wayne may be on the way!!

lizbud
06-10-2002, 09:28 PM
Mugsy,

I voted for Aug. 31st, but am actually pretty flexable about
the dates. I don't have any travel plans until maybe October.
I'm so close to Ft.Wayne that Bud & I could probably come
around late Aug. or early Sept. Weather might be better too.
Thanks so much for trying to get this organized, I'm the worlds
worst at organization & planning something like this, but I'd
make a great guest.:D Thanks again, Liz & Buddy.:)

aly
06-10-2002, 10:07 PM
I actually might be able to make it in early August. If it gets too much later, I will be busy preparing for my NYC trip :)

UGH! Off the topic but I just saw I have ringworm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

ramanth
06-11-2002, 09:20 AM
As Molly knows, Andy and I have been discussing taking Kia camping this summer. She informed me of a campground within Ft. Wayne that sounds nice.

Still need to figure out which date works the best for us.

We'll be driving down from the Lansing area. :)

mugsy
06-11-2002, 04:25 PM
That's about a 2 hour trip Kimmy. Just a straight shot down 69 and you're there.

lizbud
06-11-2002, 06:29 PM
Aly,

WHAT ? Do you really have ringworm? Hope you've gotten
it checked out by now. Where is it? On your hands?
Should I put out a call for Nurse Sandra? LOL.:eek:
Really, I hope you find out soon what it is & get it cleared
up quick.:)

mugsy
06-11-2002, 07:17 PM
When I was still teaching 6th grade Science, the kids were amazed to find out that ringworm really isn't a worm at all, but a fungus. Aly, I hope it clears up soon!!

Cincy'sMom
06-12-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
As Molly knows, Andy and I have been discussing taking Kia camping this summer. She informed me of a campground within Ft. Wayne that sounds nice.

Still need to figure out which date works the best for us.

We'll be driving down from the Lansing area. :)

we just drove through Lansing this past weekend on our way up to a wedding on the lake coast (in Shelby, MI). I hadn't been up that way before...just to Ann arbor and Detroit. It is beautiful!

aly
06-12-2002, 04:23 PM
Yup! I do have ringworm on my finger. I found out today that my little bottle babies have it :( Treating them isn't going to be fun. I have to dip them and let it dry on its own. I can't dry them with towels. Now they'll probably get a URI.

ramanth
06-13-2002, 08:46 AM
Cincy's Mom: Glad you got to see some of the finer scenery our State has to offer. :)

Aly: I hope you get better soon. *hugs*

And to the topic at hand.....

Andy and I voted for July 20th, but to be honest, all of the July dates mentioned works for us as well as most of the August dates. The only one that doesn't work for us is Aug. 31st.