PDA

View Full Version : Well I spoke too soon...

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-10-2002, 08:30 AM
There was a stray cat outside the glass door today...
The hubby woke me up and wanted me to check on the kitties cause they were making some funny noises...
Tinky was at the sliding glass door going crazy... There was a beautiful gray tabby sitting right at the door nose almost touching it.... didn't care about me or Tinky... I went back to bed but couldn't help to think that it might be homeless so I got back up to bring it some food.. I went outside and did my here kitty kitty but it just laid down on the porch so I walked around to get closer and he started walking away... the funny thing though he sprayed my house as he left... Silly Kitty I guess he was letting me know he lived here....
Well I am worried about him I know he is homeless.. he is skinny and his fur is dirty and a little matted.... How can I go about trapping him? I don't want anything bad to happen to him!!!
He has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen!! He is a beautiful cat!!! He is a gray tabby his fur is kinda long and his coloring is so pretty... and his eyes are a very light grey... he is so pretty.... I WANNA HELP HIM!!! Any advice on how I can trap him?

C.C.'s Mom
06-10-2002, 09:15 AM
Here's what I did to get Brian Boogieman to trust me. I simply put out wet food for him, and he ate it. After a few days I could pet him, a few days later he was sleeping on my bed.

Maybe he needs some time before he starts to eat?

Brian also always sprayed when he was around. I think he felt he was the boss, even though we had Rudie and Eddy.

Good luck!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-10-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks C.C.'s Mom,
I just got back from school and he hasn't touched the food... I hope he comes back and eats!!

C.C.'s Mom
06-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Maybe it's one of those who only come at night or early in the morning.

We had a stray who would only come when it was dark and peaceful outside.

emily_the_spoiled
06-11-2002, 07:41 AM
Hello Sara

I am in the same position, I have a stray Mommy and little one who have been hanging around. At first they would run away the minute they heard anyone coming. I have taken to feeding them over the last few weeks and while I have been feeding them I have talked to them. That way they start to recognize my voice. We have now reached the point where they don't run away or hiss at me any more. We haven't quite gotten to the point where I can get really close to them, but that will come with time (I hope).

The ultimate goal is to catch them. There is someone in the complex who will take the kitten and we are trying to do a TNR for the Mommy. So hopefully everything will turn out. But it takes time, so give yourself plenty of time for the tabby to get used to you.

Randi
06-11-2002, 07:56 AM
Perhaps it would be a good idea to build a little house for them, we did that in out backyard and the strays moved in immediately! :D You can do it very cheap and it's easy! Give it a go! ;) See other thread about stray cats and building houses!

emily_the_spoiled
06-11-2002, 08:06 AM
Good morning Randi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have put towels and rugs out for them to sleep on (and they do in the evening). The problem is that during the day it is getting extremely warm here (about 35C without the humidity), so they will go and hide in the "cool" places were we can't get at them.

I am hoping that in the next couple of weeks I will be able to get them (we have already rescued another one of the kittens).

lynnestankard
06-11-2002, 09:57 AM
GOOD LUCK to you both Sara and Emily - slowly, slowly seems to be the answer - your both doing a great job - good on you!

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-26-2002, 01:21 PM
Sara, any luck with the gray tabby?

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-26-2002, 03:24 PM
NO....:(
He seems to be coming around every two three days..... but every time I go outside to bring him some food he takes off..... I keep leaving the food outside for him... so hopefully he will start to feel welcome and I can get close to him....

barclaysmom
07-06-2002, 12:44 PM
Good luck to you both! I hope he comes back. are you gonna keep him??

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-06-2002, 11:44 PM
NO :( Eric will not let me keep him.... HE IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL though... I want to trap him and get him to the vet and cleaned up real nice and I believe it will be real easy to find him a home... He is a gray tabby with beautiful colors and markings medium hair AND HIS EYES!!! They are such a light gray that they look silver... he is just so beautiful... If I ever catch him I will take a picture!! :)

ChewmonkeyBC
07-07-2002, 11:45 AM
Hey,
There is a little stray kitten living under my house.she looks bout 6 weeks and i saw her mother but we think her mom died:(
the kitten(Smitten) fallowed my kitty Casper up to the house.i think Casper is the daddy becuase Smitten would look just like Casper if she was gray....

Any ways.today i was out side feeding the cats again and i had casper up with me and the kitten came over and i was able to pet her and pic her up.i was going to bring her in but i decided i would let her because used to us.....the cats are watching out for her......

well i g2g ttul tt4n

-Kayla:D

lovemymaltese
07-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Any luck catching the cat, be careful he may come out fighting. I sure got scratched good one time trying to save a kitten, it was born to a homeless mother who we could never catch, but her babies found wonderful loving homes.