PDA

View Full Version : Battery - What Should I Do?? (Found!)

sandragonfly
11-09-2006, 11:09 PM
I usually don't ask this question, I'm worried sick. :( so far as of now...all cats are fine.

this morning I woke up, found my clock had fell off the wall and shattered into pieces (clock, battery holder, wheel part and battery) - only thing I couldn't find is the battery.

I came back home from school, looked more harder under bed, drawers, litterbox, under couple of tables/chairs.. hoped cats batted it somewhere...not a piece of it!

I'm afraid one of my cats might swallowed it?? :eek: :confused: I have ten and I can't really tell! I did thought of my dog.. well, he almost never eat or chew anything off the floor except for toys I give him ... but, who knows!

I've squeezed everyone's (except crayola) tummy gently to see if I've felt anything, no. I'm not sure what to do, than to keep an eye close on everyone. I pray it's out in litterbox by tomorrow morning.. :(

Catty1
11-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Gina, how big is the battery? Is it an AA or one of those?

kimlovescats
11-09-2006, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it, Gina! I can't imagine a kitty wanting to swallow a battery! Just keep your eye out for it, and I'm sure it will turn up eventually! Try not to worry so much! ;)

Kim

sandragonfly
11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
heh...sigh. well, I'm trying to not. not awhile ago, my half of my ark went lost for a month and I lost three cats - I just cannot take this matter lightly.

catty, (alkaline) AA.

Catty1
11-09-2006, 11:34 PM
With an AA battery...I would think most cats would try to bat it around rather than eat it. It rolls like a toy.

Crayola doesn't go around eating strange stuff, does he? I know some dogs do, but he doesn't strike me as that type.

I hate when I lose little things like that...and one day I am looking for something else, and I find it in the toe of my old shoe or something!

Hopefully one of the kitties will stat batting it - and Crayola will notice!

I hope you find it soon.

hugs!

sandragonfly
11-09-2006, 11:41 PM
no shoes here, I'm the sandal-girl! except for boots in closet.. how wish I'd find it now in there.

if it was crayola, I'll be sure to post out this breaking news.

Sonia59
11-10-2006, 03:11 AM
It seems big to me to be swallowed. Perhaps they played with it and it rolled very far. Keep us posted

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-10-2006, 04:30 AM
AA batteries are perfect to play cat-hockey with :D . But swallowing it??? I don't think so! I am sure it is kicked somewhere under your fridge or so.... :)

Freedom
11-10-2006, 07:29 AM
I also doubt very much that a cat would swallow a battery.

I do just want to ask one thing, as this is the type of thing I would do; are you sure a battery was in there? Is this an electric clock with battery back up? I have been known to remove the battery to buy a new one and . . . . well, you get the idea. If this is a battery operated clock, well then I guess there was a battery and now it is hiding somewhere.

Hoping you find it soon!

sandragonfly
11-10-2006, 10:18 AM
lol, it'd be so nice if I could have fridge in my room! it's downstairs.. ;)

yeah.. me either, DON'T think it was swallowed but.. goodness, it's not anywhere! I swear I've looked into every square of this master room and the other room. oh geez, I feel like I'd need to break and search all-through the walls!

well, cats do surprise us really well sometimes so I gotta be prepare. I remember my baby boy gus, (second or third smallest cat of the ark) ate a mouse that's about the same size as this battery.. I think I'm gonna go up online and research for battery-swallower symptoms in case I see something wrong. everyone ate well today, sigh.

freedom, yup, it was in there, I just moved in and fixed that clock! it was in boxes for almost ...yikes, a year.

OH, please not it be.. not be.. :( :(

jazzcat
11-10-2006, 10:24 AM
I agree with the others that it's probably too big for a cat to swallow but I would be more concerned with Crayola. More than likely it's just become a new cat toy that got swatted underneath something. I know some day when we move out of this house I will find a toy mousie and milk ring burial ground. Dozens have gone missing without a trace.

catmandu
11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
The Only Battery I Could See A Cat Swallowing Is One Of Those Tiny Round Ones That They Use In Watches.
It Probably Got Swatted Into Another Room.
We Pray That This Is The Case.

sandragonfly
11-10-2006, 08:44 PM
just before I left for play rehearsal, I found it!! :D :D :D

you wouldn't believe where I found it... :o it must have bounced off the carpet into wall heat-bar! ..not sure if I used right word or you understood me...hmm, lemme google.. aw, can't find a picture of it but anyway, there laid a left battery inside the heater (about four inches off the carpet).

so, all safe! *PHEW* :)

Karen
11-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm guessing it had cat-paw help to get there! Rolly toys are such fun, mom!

Glad it is found, and you don't have to inspect the litterboxes so carefully!

sandragonfly
11-10-2006, 08:55 PM
well, may be one of cats who had it in there but I tested from the clock's level and dropped the battery, it could bounce off the carpet about a foot high!

thanks.

kimlovescats
11-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Glad you found it! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-11-2006, 11:17 AM
YIPPIE!!! Battery found!!!!

Husky15
11-11-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm glad you found it. I was gonna say that I couldn't see a cat swallowing an AA battery, not even an AAA. I'm just happy it wasn't swallowed; that would be a problem. I agree with catmandu, I can only see a cat swallowing a watch battery. Anyway, I'm happy that it was just swatted somewhere :).