PDA

View Full Version : Jazzcat- Update on babies???

kt_luvs_kitties
11-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I wanted to know if we could get a new update on Moxie Moo and Decker? How are they doing? Eating the yogurt? Less diarrehea? Please let us know when you get a chance! Thanks... Katie and kitties :D

kimlovescats
11-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, I'd love to hear how things are going! I hope they are getting better, and no one else has gotten sick!

Kim ;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2006, 11:01 PM
I'd also like to know Lori. I hope that they're both improving and will get well soon.

jazzcat
11-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for asking about them. Moxie is doing much better and is now having slightly formed but still very soft stools. Decker on the other hand is now at the full runny liquid stage but he doesn't act like it's bothering him in the least and thank goodness no drips. Moxie is very active and her inner eyelids are finally staying down so she looks better too. They are both taking their meds and now they both are eating their yogurt with a little pumpkin mixed in. I don't know what brought on the change of heart about the yogurt but I'm not complaining.

If we don't see a big improvement by Sunday I will start them on boiled chicken and rice along with everything else per vet orders.

Decker climbed into my lap, up my shirt and licked me on the chin this morning, can you believe it? My little wild guy is really making progress.

I'll try to get some pictures this weekend.

kimlovescats
11-09-2006, 11:13 PM
That's great news, Lori!!! Hang in there! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the good update. I'm so glad that Moxie is doing much better and hopefully Decker will become better soon too.:) I'm also glad to hear that they like the yogurt pumpkin mixture.:) When Starr had coccidia he also had very runny poo and acted totally normal.;) Decker sure sounds like a little sweetheart and I think that you rescued him just in time to socialize him.:)

Freedom
11-10-2006, 07:35 AM
great news!

K & L
11-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Glad to hear they're doing better. Any sites of mom cat yet?

jazzcat
11-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Glad to hear they're doing better. Any sites of mom cat yet?
No, she hasn't been seen for just over a week now. I'm so glad we didn't try to release Decker with her because she probably would have just taken off and left him. Thank goodness that vet tech started working with him after his neuter and told me. If she is coming around it must be at night but all I've seen eating the food at that time are wild critters.

Update - this morning the litter box was full of runny diarrhea. :( I thought Moxie was on the upturn but now it doesn't look that way. Her little bottom looks so bad, all the hair is gone at the base of her tail. Poor little girl! At least they are still playing and acting much better. I'm so ready for this to be over and to be able to them out with the big cats. I'm sure they are too.

kimlovescats
11-10-2006, 05:31 PM
It can hang on for weeks, Lori! I hate it!!! Just keep using the Albon and if that doesn't help be sure to ask for something else. Eventually it will get better!

catmandu
11-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Thats Great News Not Only About Thier Health, But The Socialization Of Decker.
Its Amazing What The Power Of Love Will Do.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I got excited, and then kept reading :( I was hoping that they were improving.
It took Penny along time to get better. But the time she was sick, it was awful for her, as well as me.
It is a good sign that they are playful, and thank God they are eating their yogurt and pumpkin. It really does seem to help.
Prayers will continue for Moxie Moo and Decker. And also the momma cat. I hope whereever she is, she is safe, warm and happy.

Thank you for helping these babies and momma cat. *HUGS* Katie and kitties

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Lori, I'm sorry to hear that they're both still very sick.:( I know that Starr probably went through at least 2-3 bottles of Albon and it seemed like weeks of him having this before he finally cleared up. He only had it for about 1 week when he was with me but he had already had it for several weeks with his foster mom.

Like I mentioned before, you might want to buy the disposable aluminum tins so that you can throw them out every day. This way they won't keep reinfecting themselves. This might just do the trick. Good luck.:)

rg_girlca
11-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Oh Lori, poor sweet Moxie Moo and Decker. This must be so awful for them and for you to see them like this.
Prayers on the way that they have a full and speedy recovery.

((((((HUGS)))))) for you for support.