PDA

View Full Version : Resume Help???

critter crazy
11-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I need help! I am attempting to apply for a job at a vets office. They are looking for a Assistant/Receptionist. I would love to have this job, but since I was in the army for the last 10yrs of my life My Resume is quite outdated! I was wonderig if anyone would help me to write a new Resume>> I am looking for a good Template, that would get me Looked at! Maybe a sample resume, would help! I am horrible at this stuff! I am begging for help, I would be so grateful! Thanks a bunch!

Edwina's Secretary
11-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Resume format...first - contact info...name address phone numbers.

Then a statement of what you have to offer an employer. This is not what you are looking for but what you have to offer the employer. Big difference.

Unless your education is very recent...next comes professional experience. list in chronological order...last first. list accomplishments...more powerful than responsibilities.

Then education and finally any organizations to which you belong that are related to your profession or accomplishments (or the profession to which you aspire!)

One page is best. Two pages if you must.

borzoimom
11-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Microsoft works on my computer has the format. I am sure you have the same format.

RedHedd
11-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Any of the job boards have resume templates - Monster.com; careerbuilder.com, etc. that will walk you through the process step by step MS Word also has resume templates.

critter crazy
11-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks!! I dont have MS word or MS works, on my computer, i have some bootleg copy of something! Kind of sucks, but the price was right at the time. Anyways, I appreciate the help! you guys are awsome!