PDA

View Full Version : Dumped by text

Pawsitive Thinking
11-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Allegedly Britney did this to K-Fed (or Fed-Ex as he is now known) while he was on some reality show.

What's the worst thing you've done by text or has been done to you??

borzoimom
11-09-2006, 11:35 AM
A friend of mine, whose mother was ill with altizmers, sent me a text message to tell me her mother died, with a new cell phone that I didnt recognize the number and it said " Mom died"... ( I just about callapsed..)..

Muddy4paws
11-09-2006, 12:34 PM
I've had a few disturbing text messages. One was from a friend saying she was going to kill herself which was scary because I was no where near her and she knew I couldn't do anything to stop her. Thankfully shes ok now she was going through a very depressing time.

Second was my boyfriend telling me that his nan had passed on during the night, I think he didnt want to disturb me at work but I felt so bad for him :(

Sophist
11-09-2006, 01:43 PM
:( I have also recieved notification of the death of someone I cared about via text. Not the best way to do it, I think. The worst thing I have ever used texting for was as a very small part of some practical jokes.

ramanth
11-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm not huge on text messaging.

Thankfully the few people that do text message me (and I call them back vs. texting), leave me messages like, "Hi", "Have a safe trip", or "Happy Halloween"...to name a few.

I remember recently in the news the company the fired an employee via text messaging.

Blue_Frog
11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I sent a text message to my boyfriend after my car was crushed on the highway between tractor trailers, basically...

"car crushed on 401 between trucks. not dead. meet me at CRC plz."

And to make things even more awkward, that was the first time he got to meet my mom as well, since I called her to let her know and she came out to make sure I was OK.

Oh, and CRC = collision reporting centre

Miss Z
11-09-2006, 04:02 PM
About 7 months ago, I received a text message from an unknown number saying 'I love you so much'. I never did find out who it was... :p

Killearn Kitties
11-09-2006, 04:57 PM
About 7 months ago, I received a text message from an unknown number saying 'I love you so much'. I never did find out who it was... :p
Oh that reminds me, I received a message a few months ago from someone called Craig who was asking me for a date. I had forgotten all about it. Hmm, do I still have the number?