PDA

View Full Version : The Great Experiment

catnapper
11-09-2006, 08:33 AM
I have come to the conclusion that everyone basically relies on my to pick up their glasses off the livingroom end tables and coffee table every morning. So the other day I decided to perform a great experiment. I left them there. Three days.... and the same glasses are still on the tables, but now they have lots of friends. :rolleyes:

How long do you think they'll remain there? Til we run out of clean glasses? Will they then run to the store for cans of soda to drink out of? Maybe paper cups? Oh the tension is mounting! what will happen?! :eek:

Then there's another experiment going on in my bedroom. Hubby takes off his work clothes every night and drapes them on the chair in the bedroom. So I placed an empty laundry basket on the chair..... and he managed to move the basket aside so he could plop the clothes on the chair instead of in the basket. Then there's another laundry basket on the floor to catch his socks at night.... and somehow the socks always land on the floor right next to the laundry basket.... many night even touching the basket, just on the outside instead of the inside :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who seems to have these strange events happening in their home? It seems I could run a cool science class with lots of interesting experiments for wives and mothers to try. :p

KYS
11-09-2006, 08:51 AM
To funny.
My Uncle will not put anything away.
If my Aunt did not pick up his shoes he would have
a mountain of shoes by the couch.

Logan
11-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I could do the exact same experiment, if I had the nerve, Kim, and still the mess would stay, and when they had no clean clothes or glasses or plates, they would say, "Geez, what a mess this place is". LOL!!! :p

kuhio98
11-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Kim ~ Somehow I lucked out and married a man whose mother raised him to do his own chores. (I say a prayer for her every day). :)

There was an article in the newspaper the other day about this subject. The wife was spending the whole weekend (she worked outside the home) scrubbing and cleaning while her husband sat on the couch watching TV. When she complained, he replied "Don't do so much. Just do the important stuff." So, she decided his laundry was not important. Took a while, but he started doing his own laundry. Don't deprive him of a chance to grow! It will hard not to b*tch about it, but that never does any good.

BTW, how is his back? I hope he's not in pain.

Muddy4paws
11-09-2006, 10:28 AM
lol, I can say im one of those people that will leave things for a while.. not longer than a day!! my boyfriend is constantly cleaning up after me I prefer to sit down after a meal and hes up cleaning it all away! :rolleyes: I really shouldn't complain :p