PDA

View Full Version : Josh Blumental Photography- JJ and Teddy

dab_20
11-08-2006, 05:16 PM
My Aunt and Grandma got their dogs taken to get professional photos done. They were at an incredible price- a mere 45 dollars. It was for donations to No More Homeless Pets in Utah. Here are the pictures that he took. This is what I want to do when I grow up. He does an amazing job. His normal price is over 200 dollars!

http://www.blumental.us/ipaw/kluever/

The older cockapoo is Teddy, my aunt's dog. The Bichon is my grandma's dog, JJ. The guy holding Teddy is my cousin, Joel.

Chilli
11-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow! I love his photography. :D
I love it when photographers use plain, either black or white, backgrounds when doing photo sessions, I find it puts more emphasis on whats actually being taken a picture of.
Your Aunt and Grandma both have adorable dogs. They have such great smiles!

wolf_Q
11-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Those are really nice photos. I like the white dogs against a white backdrop. I'd love to open a pet photography studio as a career. Did you hear about Yappy Hour? I believe that is done by NMHP in UT too.

dab_20
11-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Those are really nice photos. I like the white dogs against a white backdrop. I'd love to open a pet photography studio as a career. Did you hear about Yappy Hour? I believe that is done by NMHP in UT too.

I would also love to do that. It would be so much fun. I like how he takes pictures of the dogs in there natural poses instead of getting the dog to pose for the camera. No, I haven't heard of Yappy Hour. Is it near the wasatch front? Or more south?

Thanks for the compliments. I also love the black or white background, it gives more attention to the dog itself, as you said. Especially with JJ's black nose and eyes, it's cute.

wolf_Q
11-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I agree, it is very cute that way. A while ago my friend and I drove to the salt flats to take some photos for our photography class. I kept thinking how cool it would be to take pics of a pure white dog there.

Here's more about Yappy Hour http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=116102

dab_20
11-08-2006, 10:49 PM
I agree, it is very cute that way. A while ago my friend and I drove to the salt flats to take some photos for our photography class. I kept thinking how cool it would be to take pics of a pure white dog there.

Here's more about Yappy Hour http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=116102

I would be very interested in attending. I just get a bit nervous with Molli, she's never really been around a crowd before. I'll have to tell my grandma about it.
It would sure be neat to meet you there. I live in SLC, near Holladay, so I think I would be able to go.

wolf_Q
11-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Well let me know if you're going to go so we can figure out a time to meet. I haven't bought tickets yet I'm waiting to see if my friend wants to go, but it's pretty likely I will go.

I'm sure Molli would be fine, she's small so you can always hold her. Nebo can be a brat with other dogs sometimes so I worry about him too. But he was good last year so we'll see.

dab_20
11-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Well let me know if you're going to go so we can figure out a time to meet. I haven't bought tickets yet I'm waiting to see if my friend wants to go, but it's pretty likely I will go.

I'm sure Molli would be fine, she's small so you can always hold her. Nebo can be a brat with other dogs sometimes so I worry about him too. But he was good last year so we'll see.

Ok, I'll ask my mom tonight. Tickets mean per person right?

Molli can be a brat with other dogs too, but it's usually only dogs that are overexcited and jump all over her. She snaps at them. So I may end up holding her.

wolf_Q
11-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah the tickets are per person (at least they don't charge for dogs too ;) ), most of the events like this are $50 or so, so this is a bit cheaper, but still expensive...at least it goes to a good cause.

I wish I could just pick Nebo up and hold him, but well, he weighs 60 lbs lol.

dab_20
11-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah the tickets are per person (at least they don't charge for dogs too ;) ), most of the events like this are $50 or so, so this is a bit cheaper, but still expensive...at least it goes to a good cause.

I wish I could just pick Nebo up and hold him, but well, he weighs 60 lbs lol.

Ok. My mom told me she'll think about it. She said if I want to go I have to pay for the ticket by myself. So she said I have to help out around the house more and I might babysit my baby cousin for money.

So are you bringing him?

wolf_Q
11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I'll definitely bring Nebo. I haven't bought tickets yet because I need to call my friend and make sure she can get the night off and I keep forgetting :o but I'll let you know when I know for sure I am going.

I need to send them an email about the event....last year it was a "best dress" type of thing as it was at some fancy hotel, so I'm going to find out if that is the same again (it is at a different place this year). Last year they had a free pet psychic I hope she is there again.