PDA

View Full Version : I am still here

NicoleLJ
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry I haven't posted much. We have been so busy since Sheena went into heat on the weekend. Got the flights booked, suitcases packed, she had her health check up(which the vet says she is in tip top shape and ready to meet her guy. lol) and her blood test done last night. Should have the results by the weekend of the blood test. WHich I know is fine anyway. Basically we have been getting everything ready to get her sent off to teh stud to finnally be bred. So I am really sorry I haven't posted much. I have just been so busy. But I am still here and wanted to touch base.
Nicole

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 05:06 PM
thats fabulous- get her some red raspberry capsules. You can get it at like a CVS and its a herb that helps with fertility. For a shepherd give her a half a capsule twice a day until the puppies come.. .. If you need any more info- pm me..

rutylr
11-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Good luck with Sheena.
The Concept-a- bitch has the rasberry in it.Really try to get it if you can.

NicoleLJ
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Trying is the term. Now that everything is done and ready for their trip and can look into it more fully and hopefully find it. Thanks Rutylr

Danegirl2208
11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
im so excited for you Nicole! Good luck to you and your beautiful girl..all fingers and paws crossed over here in AZ!

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Also- do not have her shipped back to you until 3 days after the last breeding. This will reduce absorbtion quite a bit!
I know you are soooooooooo excited!!! I know I would be!!!

NicoleLJ
11-08-2006, 05:28 PM
rutylr - I just finished emailing the 2 Canadian dealers. So hopefully I hear back form them that they have it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Danegirl2208 - Thanks so much. We are so excited as well. lol

borzoimom - Thanks for teh suggestion but that is not possible. They will only be at the studs 3 days as it is. Plus there is no way hubby could be away form his new job that long. So we will have to take our chances. Luckily the plane trip is only a couple of hours.
Nicole

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 05:31 PM
If you cant get the concept, just go by cvs and get the red raspberry. I also give 100 mg of vitamin C.

NicoleLJ
11-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks. I am writing down all your suggestions.
Nicole

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 05:44 PM
good luck honey!!! She will be fine!.. Her travel and all will be in our prayers.. Hope you can sleep tonight.. teehee...

NicoleLJ
11-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks. I hope I can sleep every night till she goes. She flies out next week to the stud. Now that everything is done and ready I am having a hard time keeping busy. Time is starting to go really slow. UGGGG
Nicole

wolfsoul
11-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Good luck! Can we see pictures of the stud? :) I remember going through all this when Visa was in heat -- so exciting. Except I was expecting a litter of 6-8 and got one. Hopefully you'll do better lol.

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Good luck! Can we see pictures of the stud? :) I remember going through all this when Visa was in heat -- so exciting. Except I was expecting a litter of 6-8 and got one. Hopefully you'll do better lol.
OUCHHHHHH! wow... Well Galina will be coming up in a few months ( she is taking her sweet ever loving time... ) so it will be my turn next to stress.. lol. My breed takes easily up to 2 years inbetween cycles- talk about watching a kettle on low heat to come to a boil...

Sophist
11-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Can we start looking forward to these puppy pics now? :D

NicoleLJ
11-10-2006, 04:53 PM
wolfsoul - Thanks. I will be updating my website some time next week and that is when I will announce who the stud is. I am hoping for a litter of at least 5. Sheena came from a litter of 10 and the stud has produced upwards of 12. So I think we will get between 8-10. I will be happy though even if the litter is as small as 5. That would at least give me a couple of choices for the two future service dogs.

borzoimom - Sheena has her heat cycles ever 4 1/2 months.

Sophist - When she is about 30 days along I am doing an ultrasound to confirm that she is indeed pregnant. That is when I will tell people they can definately look forward to puppies. lol Until then it is more of a hope thing.

Nicole

borzoimom
11-10-2006, 05:09 PM
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww we have 18-24 months in our breed....