PDA

View Full Version : Help with gift ideas!!!!

Pembroke_Corgi
11-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I would like to get Christmas gifts for each of my piano students- the problem is I have 20 of them and so I can't spend too much on any one student! I have 3 adult students and the rest are mostly under the age of 10 or 11, although I have a few teenage students.

One more thing- there is no food allowed in the piano studio so I can't give them any kind of food or candy.

If you have any ideas, please share them!

Thanks in advance, all ideas are welcome!

GreyhoundGirl
11-08-2006, 04:21 PM
I'd get them jigsaw puzzles, assuming they are the puzzle type. 10 and 11 year olds are usually fond of them. Best of all you can get nice animal ones at the dollar store. I even have one with a piano on it from the dollar store. ;)

Kfamr
I'm not sure how much music books run for, but how about a piano music books for each? Include home-made card or something.

Pembroke_Corgi
I'd get them jigsaw puzzles, assuming they are the puzzle type. 10 and 11 year olds are usually fond of them. Best of all you can get nice animal ones at the dollar store. I even have one with a piano on it from the dollar store. ;)
That's a good idea for my younger students. Thanks!! :)

Pembroke_Corgi
11-08-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure how much music books run for, but how about a piano music books for each? Include home-made card or something.
Yes, I thought about giving them sheet music, but it would get a little pricey. I might get some sheet music for my more dedicated students who would actually enjoy it! Some of them might see it as more "homework!" ;)

Kfamr
11-08-2006, 04:24 PM
The more dedicated ones may like these as well:
http://www.amazon.com/Miniature-Piano-2-5-inches-Small/dp/B0009S55Q2

Pembroke_Corgi
11-08-2006, 04:32 PM
The more dedicated ones may like these as well:
http://www.amazon.com/Miniature-Piano-2-5-inches-Small/dp/B0009S55Q2
How adorable!! I know one of my adults would like that, and she is a PERFECT student, too.

Karen
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Saw a great "musician kid" shirt in a catalog recently - had a big G-clef in the middle, then under it "Here comes treble!" They'd be pretty easy to make yourself, even!

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
When I was young, my piano teacher gave us little christmas ornaments of a piano and a cute little teddy bear playing it. ( actually- I still have it.. teehee)..

Edwina's Secretary
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I too was going to recommend a Christmas tree ornament. And it doesn't have to go on a tree...it can also be hung from a bulletin board or the like...

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 05:56 PM
I too was going to recommend a Christmas tree ornament. And it doesn't have to go on a tree...it can also be hung from a bulletin board or the like...
Exactly- I believe all cultures decorate.. dont they?

BitsyNaceyDog
11-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I like the ornament idea. Another idea is maybe a keychain with a panio or music note on it.

Kfamr
11-08-2006, 08:19 PM
I like the ornament idea. Another idea is maybe a keychain with a panio or music note on it.

The keychain was another thing I was thinking of...
Here's a site I found with cheap but cute ones...

http://www.musictreasures.com/Jewelry/Keychains

There's also some cheap necklaces, for the ladies maybe
and some other neat music related items.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks everyone for the good suggestions! I'll have to figure out how much I can afford to buy. I will definately check everything out!