PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable ringtones from 911 attack?

luckies4me
11-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Is this just wrong or what?

http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/realtones/tones.cfm/sound_group_iid.2078

GreyhoundGirl
11-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Wrong.

lvpets2002
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
:( That is so pathetic & em-moral & just sick..

IRescue452
11-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Its just to keep people's blood boiling. The media likes to keep people scared and the ringtone will be a constant reminder of how much "danger" we are in.

BC_MoM
11-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Wrong.

Ditto.

Its just to keep people's blood boiling. The media likes to keep people scared and the ringtone will be a constant reminder of how much "danger" we are in.

You're right! And quite frankly, I'm SICK of hearing about 9/11.

Laura's Babies
11-08-2006, 04:35 PM
That was a horriable, horriable day and the last thing we need is a constant reminder say in and day out, all day long.

luckies4me
11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I understand it's to make people upset, but come on now. That is something that just shouldn't be allowed online, period.

junescrater716
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM

We have to continue hearing about it otherwise we would all forget like what had happend in 1993! I didn't even know about it until a few years ago! Keep THAT in mind. There are soldiers over in Iraq fighting for you. Not wanting to hear about it is very self absorbed and childish.

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 07:43 PM
ohhhhhhh my stars!!!! I live 60 miles from the pentagon and worked in the city at the time and we could see the smoke.. This is awful!

Sevaede
11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
We have to continue hearing about it otherwise we would all forget like what had happend in 1993! I didn't even know about it until a few years ago! Keep THAT in mind. There are soldiers over in Iraq fighting for you. Not wanting to hear about it is very self absorbed and childish.

Really, how so?

junescrater716
11-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Because, by saying you want to forget 9/11 you're saying you want to forget the lives of over 3,000 people?

CathyBogart
11-08-2006, 08:08 PM

For a change, we agree on something! :D

buttercup132
11-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Because, by saying you want to forget 9/11 you're saying you want to forget the lives of over 3,000 people?
Maybe you read over her post again..she never said that she wanted to forget it.

She said she was sick of hearing about it.

junescrater716
11-08-2006, 10:21 PM
True. Very True.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-09-2006, 03:48 AM
Wrong - so very wrong

elizabethann
11-09-2006, 07:40 AM
That's just sad. Who would purchase that ring tone? It would depress the crap out of me everytime my phone rang. I think if I heard that from someone's cell phone, I take their phone & throw it across the room.

ramanth
11-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Did anyone bother to read the description?

Sounds of the 9/11 attack. Please note that ALL tracks at AudioSparx can be purchased as ringtones (including the sound recordings here), but these tracks are not placed on this site to be sold as ringtones. Lets face it...who would want to buy a 12-minute-long ringtone?? Nobody does and nobody has. Our very broad "Ringtone" category simply displays tracks from all of our other categories (Sound Effects, Loops and Music). These 9/11 tracks are placed here for historical reference, for use by those needing access to these tracks for personal, educational or commercial project use. We have similar audio tracks on the site from other significant historical events, such as World War II. The fact that these tracks could possibly be purchased as "ringtones" does not mean that we are intending to specifically offer them this way, it is just a coincidence of how our information and software is organized. Specifically, all content in our Sound Effects, Loops and Music categories can potentially be purchased for download to a mobile device, including a mobile phone or mobile PC. The bottom line is AudioSparx is not deliberately "pushing macabre ringtones". Please don't mistake this, nor take offense at our postings of audio tracks from historic events.

luckies4me
11-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Did anyone bother to read the description?

Yep! Still wrong in my opinion. If someone wants them for historical use they should not be made available to download to a mobile device, but that's just my opinion. ;)

Twisterdog
11-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Whoa, people, slow down here ... did you read the fine print?? These are NOT ringtones, they are twelve minutes long! If you read the information on the site, it clearly states that these tracks are for historical, informational or research use, just like the other historical tracks they have, from WWII, for example.

"9/11 World Trade Center attack
Sounds of the 9/11 attack. Please note that ALL tracks at AudioSparx can be purchased as ringtones (including the sound recordings here), but these tracks are not placed on this site to be sold as ringtones. Lets face it...who would want to buy a 12-minute-long ringtone?? Nobody does and nobody has. Our very broad "Ringtone" category simply displays tracks from all of our other categories (Sound Effects, Loops and Music). These 9/11 tracks are placed here for historical reference, for use by those needing access to these tracks for personal, educational or commercial project use. We have similar audio tracks on the site from other significant historical events, such as World War II. The fact that these tracks could possibly be purchased as "ringtones" does not mean that we are intending to specifically offer them this way, it is just a coincidence of how our information and software is organized. Specifically, all content in our Sound Effects, Loops and Music categories can potentially be purchased for download to a mobile device, including a mobile phone or mobile PC. The bottom line is AudioSparx is not deliberately "pushing macabre ringtones". Please don't mistake this, nor take offense at our postings of audio tracks from historic events."

Yep! Still wrong in my opinion. If someone wants them for historical use they should not be made available to download to a mobile device, but that's just my opinion. ;)

What difference does that make? My son downloads all kinds of things onto his phone, including stuff for school. Some people do almost their entire jobs using a Blackberry or other device. Why is that "wrong"? It's technology.

luckies4me
11-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Like I said, it's just my opinion. ;)