PDA

View Full Version : Bunny Tragedy

Bunnicula05
06-09-2002, 07:15 PM
First of all I would like to congradulate Heather on her new addition!! Yay! Unfortunately, I have some bad news. Saturday my Step-Dad was mowing the lawn and he said that my dog, Fridae, had a snack. He said she ate three wild baby bunnies that had wandered into our back yard. They were only the size of a mouse. I was thinking that if I saved them, I could have put them with my unspayed female, see if she took to them and started to produce milk. And if that didn't work, I would've bottle fed them. I cried. And didn't talk to my dog all day. *Sigh*
My Uncle Wendal gave me a business card for a Rabbitry around my area. Actually, only 25 min. away. They raise polish, mini lops, mini rex, and dutch bunnies. They have a website. www.angelfire.com/anime/hopsalotrabbitry/ if you want to see some pics of their cute little bunnies. I want to get a dutch and join 4-H and show it. But I need a bigger cage. I want to get a cage online from www.leithpetwerks.com that's $409 (that's plus shipping and handling, so the cage itself is only $339 or so. It's really nice. It's a three story condo. It has no wire bottom, but it has carpet on all three levels and ramps too. I'm going to get a job and work my butt off to get it too.

Sam's My Baby
06-09-2002, 08:02 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. Many times dogs will even get into people's rabbits outside hutches and eat them, too. :( When I had my rabbit I was always careful to keep him safe from the dog next door.

anna_66
06-10-2002, 05:19 AM
So sorry to hear about the buns. It's really the pits what dogs will do to other animals.

We had a bout with Angus & Roxey this weekend, but it wasn't a bunny, it was a young kitty. Mark said they had killed it and ripped it apart:( All that was left was the torso with 1 leg. He found the other leg in the garden (where they both were), but never found the head:( I can only imagine that Angus had eaten it:confused: Mark was really upset with them all night long. But, I guess it's just their nature. But on the up side, there was one more kitten & they didn't get it luckily, even though it was in our yard. Mark got to it first:) The neighbors ended up taking it in

Heather Wallace
06-10-2002, 05:22 AM
Thanks for your kind words, I am also sorry about the baby rabbits, they would have been nothing you could have done, especially when I dog is involved. Anyway, your unspayed fermale would have probably attacked the babies anyway.

Glad to see you back on PT

sammi
06-11-2002, 05:19 AM
anna_ 66, Well I think you did a excelent job of describing the death of the kitty.

anna_66
06-11-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by sammi
anna_ 66, Well I think you did a excelent job of describing the death of the kitty.

:( Sorry if you thought I was trying to be mean, but it was very upsetting.

Bunnicula05
06-11-2002, 09:20 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, a kitty cat is even worse.