PDA

View Full Version : Life Insurance questions...

caseysmom
11-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I applied for some life insurance because my other policy is set to go up and my agent said I should try to get a cheaper one.

I got a message from them that said to call they have some questions that will take 10 to 15 minutes :eek: What are they going to ask me? I filled out the usual questions on the app??? Just wondering what they may ask before I call.

I am a bit older than when I have applied in the past.

kimlovescats
11-08-2006, 12:50 PM
They might want to ask more specifics about any previously existing conditions you have had or still have?

caseysmom
11-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Possibly Kim but I don't have any.

Never been sick a day in my life(except colds) ...knock on wood....Ironically I am home sick with a cold.

Laura's Babies
11-08-2006, 01:15 PM
If you are healthy and have no proir conditions then I bet it is just the usual stuff... age, weight, drink? smoke? what diseases run in your family and standard stuff. Some even send people out to take your BP, weigh you and take blood.

caseysmom
11-08-2006, 01:17 PM
I was told they would come out and do the blood, etc...I was hoping they wouldn't actually weigh me :D Does this mean I have to tell the truth about my weight????

caseysmom
11-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Just got off the phone after answering 500 medical questions.

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
I applied for some life insurance because my other policy is set to go up and my agent said I should try to get a cheaper one.

I got a message from them that said to call they have some questions that will take 10 to 15 minutes :eek: What are they going to ask me? I filled out the usual questions on the app??? Just wondering what they may ask before I call.

I am a bit older than when I have applied in the past.
Usually its things like present job, ( looking for hazards), cause of death in parents, if you have even had a heart attack. They can NOT ask you your living arrangements ( ie looking to find out if you are gay- for aids etc.) but they can ask you questions the beneficary and where does this person live.
Surgeries you have had in the past, but you do not have to volunteer the name of the doctor and nor do you have to sign a release for information.
Its usually basic.. They can not deny you coverage based on age, race, your sex or living arrangements.
Just see what they say and ask- remember you always have the right to turn them down..
Part of this is also to determine your coverage and quote you prices on how much is each "unit" of covereage..