PDA

View Full Version : Dell Wireless Mouse

timlewis
11-08-2006, 09:17 AM
I have a dell wireless mouse and it keeps running down batteries does anyone know how or if I can turn it off??????

Vela
11-08-2006, 09:24 AM
No you really can't but you can invest in some rechargable batteries and a charger, they cost a lot less in the long run. Check out Ebay if you have the option, and buy some from there, they have good prices. I use recharbables for my cameras and other items, saves quite a bit of money in the end.

CountryWolf07
11-08-2006, 09:24 AM
My parents have that. I am sure there is a little switch you can shut it off. Or if there's a little button you can press, it's on the bottom of the wireless mouse.

Cookiebaker
11-08-2006, 09:40 AM
I have a wireless mouse, too....and while I love the freedom from cords, I hate the way the battery goes dead. And usually when it is a crucial moment, and you NEED it to work!!! Grr. :rolleyes: What I have found is that the name brand batteries (I use Duracell) actually last a LOT longer than rechargeables or cheap $1.00 batteries (mine doesn't have an off switch either). So I think it is worth the investment, just so the mouse doesn't go dead as often. Basically, I have found that rechargeables last about a week, cheap batteries for a month, and name brand batteries for 3-4 months.

Husky15
11-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Wouldn't you have to have a sensor thing connected to the tower or something? Like my sister has a wireless controller for her PS2 and you have to hook up a sensor to the controller slot and it gets the signal. Kinda like a remote and a TV as well. If so, you could probably disconnect that and it wouldn't work anymore.

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Yes I have one too. What I do is number one log the computer off. Most that stops the signals and saves batteries. Number two. If you unplug the USB to the router to it, it wont keep the mouse on. My first one, I had to take the batteries out at night- royal pain but hey worth it to have a wireless mouse.. Depends on your model.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-08-2006, 05:10 PM
My Dell mouse goes to sleep if it's not used for a while. It still goes through batteries pretty fast, about every two months. Mine has a light that comes on on the signal thing that tells when the batteries are low, it doesn't just die on me.