PDA

View Full Version : Potter had his appointment with the white coats.

caseysmom
11-07-2006, 04:48 PM
I finally got Potter in for his check up. He got several immunizations, rabies for sure, I can't remember the others.

I spoke with the vet regarding his eye goop, he put him on a cream for conjuctivitis and is going to recheck in 2 weeks. Potter will get a full comprehensive checkout in 2 weeks where they do full blood work up and everything.

I am happy that they accepted him on my insurance. He is overall healthy, he does have a cracked front tooth though. I hope that will not need to be extracted.

He kept asking me if he sneezes because of the eye goop....is he worried about an upper respitory ailment?

kimlovescats
11-07-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm glad to hear that Potter has seen your vet and been accepted by your insurance! Please keep us updated on his progress. Yes, your vet is wondering if he might have an Upper Respiratory Infection caused by a virus that also causes the conjunctivitis. If he starts sneezing and / or has nasal discharge or more eye discharge, he will probably need an antibiotic! ;)

caseysmom
11-07-2006, 05:04 PM
He has sneezed a few times but nothing consistent, I have had him for 3 months and he has had the eye goop the whole time and my niece said he has always had it. I didn't tell the vet he has sneezed here and there because I wanted him on my insurance :o

caseysmom
11-07-2006, 05:05 PM
By the way...it is funny because I have been without a kitty for almost 2 years and gigi was quite sick her last few appointments but kitties are so funny in the vets office.

He was running around and up on the counters and into everything!

Laura's Babies
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Hope his eyes clear up and nothing else is wrong...

catmandu
11-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Thats I am sure a worry off your mind, and now you know that whatever comes Potter will be covered.
Thats a peace of mind that nothing can buy.
Hooray for Potter, and we pray his eye clears all up soon.

rg_girlca
11-08-2006, 03:28 PM
I am happy to hear that Potter is healthy and pray that his eye will clear up soon and not have any more problems with it.