PDA

View Full Version : Novie

sumbirdy
11-07-2006, 11:03 AM
My sister-in-law picked up a hound mix from the dumpsters yesterday. My dad was really mad because we already have 17 dogs and he thought that that was very inconsiderate of her to pick up another one (which I agree). He will probably be staying with us for the rest of his life. Mom fell in love with him so we couldn't take him back. My sister-in-law is calling him Spok but me and my mom don't like that so we call him Novie. My sister-in-law thinks he is her dog but she doesn't really take care of animals that well so I'm figuring he'll probably be mine. She has him out in the pen and I had to remind her to give him water this morning. :mad: Anyway Novie is now part of the pack. I love the little guy but I don't know what we're going to do about taking care of him because he's gonna be big. Stephanie (my sister-in-law) said she would help with the expenses. I just hope she actually goes through with that.

lvpets2002
11-07-2006, 12:01 PM
:) Well I think Novie is a very nice name & this baby will fit in just fine.. Welcome Novie to Pet Talk.. Now for the sister-n-law YES I would ask her to help with the expense.. Congrats on your new home Novie..

BC_MoM
11-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Just curious - why do you have 17 dogs? :eek:

AllAmericanPUP
11-07-2006, 12:48 PM
somehow i'm guessing you've had a litter or two judging by the mix of dogs you have...no?

sumbirdy
11-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Just curious - why do you have 17 dogs? :eek:

I get asked that all the time. lol. Mom likes to pick up strays. But my dad told her not to do that anymore. We had to tell Stephanie that too after she brought Novie home.

sumbirdy
11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
somehow i'm guessing you've had a litter or two judging by the mix of dogs you have...no?

Yes we have. But thankfully we have gotten them all fixed now. Most of the dogs are related somehow. Lets see...
Tiny is Luckys grandpa (Luckys mother died earlier this year) and Uno and Jaws dad. Uno and Jaws are Sprinkles sons and Sugars and Luckys Uncles. Sprinkles is also the mother of Heavon and Sky and grandmother of Sugars. Sky and Daphney are the parents of Sugars. Daphney is the mother of Nitis. Whino is the brother of Daphney, Uncle of Sugars and Nitis. Triskit is Scouts sister. It's all kind of confusing. But thankfully there will be no more puppies added to this world through us.

BC_MoM
11-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Yikes - 17 dogs... you must have your hands full!

Just curious again (sorry!! lol) - isn't there a law about owning a certain amount of animals per species where you live?

sumbirdy
11-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Yikes - 17 dogs... you must have your hands full!

Just curious again (sorry!! lol) - isn't there a law about owning a certain amount of animals per species where you live?

They are a handfull. No there is no laws here. I live out in the middle of nowhere. I guess if I lived in a city there would be.