PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Max

Heather Wallace
06-09-2002, 07:38 AM
We think max has catarachs (hope I spelt it right!) I noticed a couple of days back this eyes looked funny. He basically looks like he is on drugs, he has this fixed stare. You know when cats get playfull their pupils enlarge, well his doesn't anymore.

His eyes look glazed and there is a white film starting to cover over his eyes, only a little though, so hopefully we can catch it on time. At the moment he can still see fine.

We are going to book an appointment ofr him tommorow.

I'II let you know how it goes.

Logan
06-09-2002, 07:48 AM
It does sound like cataracts, Heather. My Kaycee (Cocker Spaniel) and Tigger (cat) lived long lives after they developed cataracts. I hope your Max will too!! Let us know what you find at the vet.

Logan

Heather Wallace
06-09-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Logan
It does sound like cataracts, Heather. My Kaycee (Cocker Spaniel) and Tigger (cat) lived long lives after they developed cataracts. I hope your Max will too!! Let us know what you find at the vet.

Logan

Yes I am thinking it is to, thanks I will let you know how he goes.

AmberLee
06-09-2002, 12:50 PM
:( :( Oh my! It doesn't sound good, but perhaps you've caught it in time!! Do keep us posted. Fingers and paws crossed here for you and Max. {{{hugs}}}

Former User
06-09-2002, 02:00 PM
Oh Heather, that's sad about Max! I do hope it's nothing serious, and we keep our fingers and paws crossed for Max!

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2002, 08:56 PM
Yes, it does sound like cataracts. All fingers and paws are crossed here for Max. I hope everything goes well. Please keep us posted.

sirocco
06-10-2002, 03:44 AM
Oh, Heather!! Please let us know how thing are going with the vet - I'll be thinking about Max and you, finger and paws crossed over here too!!

Good luck!!

Nita

Heather Wallace
06-10-2002, 05:18 AM
Thanks everyone, everything is going so wrong for my pets at the moment, I am thinking what am I doing so wrong:(

Max goes to the vets tomorrow, but the reception said they don't operate on cataracts their, plus it is an expensive procedure.

C.C.'s Mom
06-10-2002, 05:22 AM
Oh Heather, that doesn't sound too good.

But you know what? Cats and dogs adjust so easily, even to things like that. The neighbor's dog has it, and he's still such a happy and jolly dude. You won't even know unless you look into his eyes.

Good luck tomorrow.

sirocco
06-10-2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
Thanks everyone, everything is going so wrong for my pets at the moment, I am thinking what am I doing so wrong:(

Please, Heather, don't think so!!!! You are a wonderful mom for your furbabies, all the grief yor're suffering now just goes to prove that!! Sometimes, illness is something we can't avoid, though we try and struggle against it- support is the key here, and you don't lack it!!!! Cataracts are not fatal, and surely you'll provide Max with everything to improve his conditions - and don't forget we are here, trying to support you!!!

Fingers and paws crossed here... keep us updated!!

Nita

06-10-2002, 06:17 AM
Heather , here is a big support from me too !!
How old is your Max anyway ???
Just remember that even if Max looses his eye-sight , he will still enjoy doggie-life !!! Animals do adjust to this !!
Let us know how it goes okay !!! take care !!:)