PDA

View Full Version : Country Music Awards

elizabethann
11-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Did anybody watch the CMA's last night. I fell asleep around 9ish so I didn't watch it all. I thought Carrie Underwood looked great. I just love her voice.

Were there any big surprises?

critter crazy
11-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Faith Hill was a Sore looser, when Carrie Underwood won! Quite funny her reaction!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=51-_F3klhrQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c1bwMOc0I7Y

elizabethann
11-07-2006, 09:19 AM
That was funny...thanks!

Rie Rie
11-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I was watching when Carrie won, but somehow missed Faith's reaction. I can't believe she reacted that way, what a sore loser. Wonder how she will explain that to the public.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Oooops - somebody wasn't happy was she?

Is this the award ceremony where John Denver won something but whoever was meant to present it to him tore up the envelope?

lizbud
11-07-2006, 12:15 PM
It's been a long time since I've even listened to country music, but I did
watch the CMA last night. There's a whole new generation of singers and
performers now. I enjoyed the show & the music. :)

Logan
11-07-2006, 12:55 PM
I didn't watch, but I did check this out a few other places and here is a link to Access Hollywood explaining what Faith Hill says really happened.

Access Hollywood (http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah2477.shtml)

Rachel
11-07-2006, 02:31 PM
I watched parts of the show. Just loved Josh Turner and the song he did.

JenBKR
11-07-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not really all that into award shows, so I didn't watch it last night. I do love country music though. I bet Faith Hill's reaction really was a joke, she just doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would react that way, although I could be wrong...

Pam
11-07-2006, 03:10 PM
I saw it from start to finish and even taped it. :) I don't think there is any way that Faith can talk her way out of that one though. :rolleyes: That said, I love her music and have her CD's but her reaction was what it was sadly.

I am so glad that Brooks & Dunn continue to win year after year and that Brad Paisley did well too. My first choice for Entertainer of the Year wouldn't have been Kenny Chesney (not with Brad and Alan Jackson also up ;) ) but he is a talented guy. All in all, a most enjoyable night. ;)

CountryWolf07
11-07-2006, 05:16 PM
I also watched it from the beginning to end - It was a good show, however, they could've done better with the sound equipments! When will they ever learn, anyways? *shrug* I enjoyed Dierks Bentley's performance of "Every Mile a Memory", I honestly have to say that song has been my favorite for a while. His new CD is AMAZING, I mean, AMAZING! I loved the fact that George Strait was finally inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame! Way to go, George! :) I was surprised that Montgomery Gentry did not perform; I would've liked them to, but I guess because of the time squeeze, it'd be impossible. Carrie Underwood was good as always - I loved the fact she won Horizon Award, but, as Female Vocalist of the Year? Hmm, maybe.. Sara Evans deserved it, at least. But, I have no problems with Carrie - she has a beautiful voice, and she's a wonderful talented artist. So about the Faith Hill's reaction -- I heard on CNN this morning that she was only joking. I think that was her "way to get out of it".. no matter what, every single country star, that includes celebrities, etc. always wish that the camera does not pan on them when they really let go of their real emotions, after someone's name has been annouced as the winner. That's what happened. It just caught her doing that, wrong timing. Also, Ronnie Dunn reading Keith Urban's acceptance letter - very sweet and thoughtful, I knew Keith would somehow acknowledge himself as being there eventhough he is in rehab - Best of luck to him - I was glad to see him winning Male Vocalist of the Year for the 3rd time - he has true talent. Then again, we all can disagree on everyone's thoughts of the winners/losers - but remember this, it is the industry who chooses the WINNER.