PDA

View Full Version : Their FIRST date!

Laura's Babies
11-07-2006, 07:56 AM
I knew I had these pictures somewhere and while looking for something else, I found them...

These are of a very young Chester and when he first met Midnight/Samantha. Her other person had brought her over to show me the kitten she found on my doorstep and Chester took to her immediately! This was the beginning of our 2 year effort to have her come live where she was meant to live to start with.

Their very FIRST meeting.. (Play date)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Chesterwithplaydate.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Youcomfy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/playtimeTIRED.jpg

As yopu can see he is totally facinated with her but all that has changed now and he could care less if she is here or not... :rolleyes:

*****Tomorrow is time to return to work! I have a full day today packing and getting the house ready to be shut up and ready for my babies to rough it alone for 28 days. The boat is suppose to be in Baton Rouge tomorrow so it will be a short ride to get there for me.

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving and all your babies stay happy and heathy while I am gone. Soooo, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Freedom
11-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Those pictures are so typical of a new entrant in my home! I can really relate to it all, and I LOVE them!

I don't understand - you leave them alone for 28 days?! Someone must come in to empty litter, right? I left 4 alone for 21 days a few years back. i set clock radios to play for an hour in the morning and another for an hour in the evening. I had the cat sitter stop in each morning, and a friend each evening. By the end, the cats were really missing companionship. Each morning, the cat sitter had to place all the pillows back on the sofa, chairs and bed. Each evening, friend had to do the same. The last 3 days, the cats started clearing the furniture off of vases, picture frames, statues, knick knacks, whatever they could find. Everyone was glad when I got back!

catfamily
11-07-2006, 08:30 AM
I love looking at photos of when the cats first are introduced into the home.Those are so cute of them first meeting.
I hope you have a fun and safe 28 days and I'm so happy you don't need to worry about your cats being moved around anymore.There's no place like home :)
Happy Thanksgiving Laura :)

catlover4ever
11-07-2006, 09:32 AM
What a wonderful play date they had.

Laura, be safe and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. (((HUGS))) Meg and the Fur Crew

Laura's Babies
11-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Freedom, yes, I have a neighbor and my daughter that come check on them, clean boxes and refresh their food and water. Rie spends time with them and has things that she does with them while she is here and she has Amy spoiled rotton. Chester, she takes to her house since he LOVES it at her house so much and gets mad when he has to come home... Everyone at Rie's house LOVES him being there since he is such a sweet boy.

Carla, they have settled into being home and I can tell they are so glad they do not have that long car ride every month. I know they miss me but are happier here at home while I am gone. Mike is home right now so he will be checking in on them and they adore him. He is a wonderful Catdad so I know they are in good hands with him looking in on them.

catmandu
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
I love that photo.
You can tell Chester wants to be friends with Samntha, but is not totally sure how to broach the subject.
Thats such a touching photo, we just love it.

phesina
11-07-2006, 02:52 PM
What a great set of photographs. I can see Chester wondering "Hmmm, what is this?.... Mom, can we keep her?"

Happy Thanksgiving, Laura! Will you be cooking a turkey dinner for your crew? (Boat crew that is, not cat crew.) ...and Babies, will you be getting a Thanksgiving dinner too? Elmer will be thinking of Amy as he samples his first drumstick.

Pat and kids

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will picture you sailing down the Mississippi...with the crew seated around the table and waving drumsticks from your beautifully cooked turkey!

See you when you get back....

elizabethann
11-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Wow. They seemed to have gotten along so well. They're awfully cute.

Laura's Babies
11-07-2006, 03:58 PM
phesina
Will you be cooking a turkey dinner for your crew? (Boat crew that is, not cat crew.) ...and Babies, will you be getting a Thanksgiving dinner too?

I will put out a Thanksgiving spread fit for a KING (I hope)! I really go all out for these special occasion dinners... Baking cakes, making candy, pies, bread, home made dressing.... the WHOLE works and whatever else someone might want that is a tradition in their family... all they have to do is ask for it and we will have it...

Me? :eek: I'll be the first one digging into all of it... I am sure this time I will come home heavier than usual... :eek:

kimlovescats
11-07-2006, 04:25 PM
What adorable pictures!!!! :D

Time for you to go already? :(
I am jealous of everyone eating your Thanksgiving meal! I know it will be so YUMMY!!!! Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Laura!

Love ya,
Kim :)

phesina
11-07-2006, 05:08 PM
The Thanksgiving dinner sounds WONDERFUL!!!! I wish I was going on your boat!

Will the kitties get any extra treats while you're so far away?

Pat and cats

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I just hate when you have to leave again, Laura. Even though I don't have time to respond to all posts these days, I just love reading yours and seeing your babies - especially little sweety Amy.

Chester is so adorable in these pics. He is just totally enamored with Samantha! :D

Have a safe trip and have a great Thanksgiving yourself!

Laura's Babies
11-07-2006, 10:03 PM
phesina, sorry about being so long getting back to you! My computer or ISP has been acting up off and on all day...

Chester is the only one of my babies that is even slightly interested in people food. He will be are Rie's so he would eat a very small piece of turkey if it is offered. The rest just are not interested.. They have plenty of kitty treats here if they want treats...... but Amy has gotten where she isn't interested much in those anymore, and she is always the first to insist on having them!

EVERYONE, have a nice Thanksgiving!

rg_girlca
11-08-2006, 04:04 PM
AWWWW what cute pictures. Thanks for sharing that story with us.

I'm sorry I got around to this too late Laura, but I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe.

See you when you get back. :)

Laura's Babies
11-08-2006, 04:21 PM
te-he-he-he! :rolleyes: I am STILL home with my babies at this late hour on crew change day for my boat! Can you tell how dissapointed I am? :rolleyes:

The boat was fogged in 20 miles south of Natchez all night and that caused major delays! (Awe shucks! :rolleyes: ) The fog didn't lift until around noon today and it is a 11 hour trip down to Baton Rouge without anymore delays. ETA now is between 10-11pm but my Captain will call me when he goes on watch at 5:30 pm to see how it is looking then. He said he may just have me wait until in the morning to get on rather than have to have Rie bring me out in the middle of the night. I could drive my own car over and Rie and her husband pick it up sometime later when they have a chance but she isn't thrilled about that and neither am I.

SO, I have had this much more time with my babies and we have taken advantage of it. My luggage is up by the front door so they know I am leaving. Samantha and I took a nap on the sofa today and Giz has come kept us company some of that time. Amy and Chester have napped all day after they got tons of attention and love from me this morning. I cleaned out the fridge and took out the garbage this morning so I am scrounging around looking for something to eat that won't leave stinky garbage...EUCK!

rg_girlca
11-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Oh yes Laura, I can really sense the disappointment in your post.............................................. .................................NOT!!!!

LOL!!!

I hope it can wait until morning. :D Safer for you and your car.